THE BROWNS BOARD

Same ole stuff

rich4eagle

Since Belichick and the gone years we the Browns keep doing dumb. Cannot figure out why the same losing strategy just keeps on going and going and going.

This team and it's fans still think the loser now mantra of defense wins championships and it starts in the trenches wins

WELL IT HAS BEEN A LOSING STRATEGY NOW FOR !6 YEARS AND WE ARE AT IT AGAIN

Sad draft...........we have not a single player who is a playmaker that scores points so another year of getting our ass kicked is another ho hum more dumbness

Cannot be more disappointed is NOT PICKING A SINGLE GAME STRETCHER PLAYMAKER

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look up Duke Johnson's highlights

Dude needs to learn football. Or better yet, go play safety or linebacker behind a front 7 that can't stop the running game and let me know how that effects you as player in the secondary. I've played under such circumstances and can appreciate when my GM gets me some help. Taking dline helps EVERY level of your defense.

I think it was a really good draft. We got two wide receivers in FA and TE Rob Housler who is going to be very good this year. Do I wish we would have drafted Devin Smith or Jaelen Strong... Yes but they didn't. Still overall it's a better team now with depth on the O-line which will make a huge difference running the ball and setting up the screen and play action. You can't have everything and Farmer just does not draft wide receivers. We will have to accept it.

The lowdown on WR Vince Mayle: 6'2" 224lb Former basketball player, viewed as hybrid tight end, similar to Davante Parker but still learning with size, athleticism and upside projects starter in year two.

Since Belichick and the gone years we the Browns keep doing dumb. Cannot figure out why the same losing strategy just keeps on going and going and going.

This team and it's fans still think the loser now mantra of defense wins championships and it starts in the trenches wins

WELL IT HAS BEEN A LOSING STRATEGY NOW FOR !6 YEARS AND WE ARE AT IT AGAIN

Sad draft...........we have not a single player who is a playmaker that scores points so another year of getting our ass kicked is another ho hum more dumbness

Cannot be more disappointed is NOT PICKING A SINGLE GAME STRETCHER PLAYMAKER

Quick Rich- other than Brady and Edleman- go name me the rest of the Patriots "playmakers". Seattle- it's Russell Wilson and WHO?

Nah we don't have a qb yet unless Johnny Rehab is a new man. Sure- let's trade both first round picks- and a whole lot more- that's Wizenhunt's words, not mine to take a flyer on MM.

Quick Rich- other than Brady and Edleman- go name me the rest of the Patriots "playmakers". Seattle- it's Russell Wilson and WHO?

Nah we don't have a qb yet unless Johnny Rehab is a new man. Sure- let's trade both first round picks- and a whole lot more- that's Wizenhunt's words, not mine to take a flyer on MM.

To be fair, Gronkowski....

I did hear earlier today on KNR a perturbed Tony Rizzo get snarky at a caller charging he was drinking the Browns Kool-Aid...that the browns are focusing on running the ball and stopping the run.

An upset Rizzo said you can't win that way, that you need fucking playmakers.

Well, he didn't say "fuckin" but he would have if it wasn't against FCC rules.

rich is a steeler fan who has convinced some that he really is a browns fan, comes in once or twice a year to stir the shit pot then runs to the hills (of PA that is...)

No Mik- I've met Rich on several occasions- he really is a Browns fan, though him and Ghoolie have a rather warped view of the value of offensive and defensive linemen.

Rich doesn't like to admit a few years back the #1 WR in the NFL won us all of four games.

I did hear earlier today on KNR a perturbed Tony Rizzo get snarky at a caller about drinking the Browns Kool-Aid...that the browns are focusing on running the ball and stopping the run.

An upset Rizzo said you can't win that way, that you need fucking playmakers.

Well, he didn't say "fuckin" but he would have if it wasn't against FCC rules.

O course you need playmakers- and a Franchise QB tops the list. So let's trade three first rounders for a very iffy Marcus Mariota. And listen to Rizzo bitch, well, we swung for the fences again, and struck out.

Where did Sammy Watkins get the Bills? Sitting at home watching the playoffs, just like the Browns. Adrian Peterson hasn't been able to get the Vikes to the Promised land either.

The process is clear- build a very solid team with depth at all positions. We saw what happened last year when Mack got hurt.

The real beauty of this draft is we just completed the foundation of a really great team. If the QB works out well now that JM has rehabed then that's icing on the cake. We at least get to see a full year of what he might become. But if it doesn't work at all, we get a very high pick to find that really great QB to go with a team that is built and a year into fine tuning. I see that as a win-win regardless of how 2015 goes.

Rich is just a contrarian, but a good guy.

He just doesn't get controlling the los.

Meanwhile, I just saw on the NFL channel, they had

a poll, and it was "who won the draft" and the contestants

were the Browns, Bucs, Titans, Rams, and Jets.

The Browns won. No kiddin.

Rich is just a contrarian, but a good guy.

He just doesn't get controlling the los.

Meanwhile, I just saw on the NFL channel, they had

a poll, and it was "who won the draft" and the contestants

were the Browns, Bucs, Titans, Rams, and Jets.

The Browns won. No kiddin.

Its all speculation until they start playing for real.

My biggest complaint is not landing Petty.

The rest, I'm rather happy with. Especially Orchard, Johnson, and Ekpre-Olomu - those are great value picks.

Raising the floor is never a bad thing.

Well said Couch!

I found that a little surprising too at least in terms of where we could have landed him before round 4. That said, I liked the throwback approach to building the offense on the Lake. I think they've set up a much easier offense to QB. Aside from that, Pettine said he hasn't given up on our 2014 1st round QB in a world where it's important for a HC to keep the trust of his players. The other part of that is if the Manziel choice came straight from our owner - it's even easier to stick to the plans of strengthening the running game and our defense at defending the running game.

I agree with Rich.. this draft stank!..

Correct grammar= This draft STUNK!

Correct statement= This draft was FANTASTIC!

Mike

I hate ringing the same bell over and over.....

But, the best receiver in the league since 07 has never won a playoff game.

The best RB in the game since '07 has one playoff victory.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the coin, the best receiver for the Super Bowl champions was a 7th round pick out of Kent State.

The problem since '99 has nothing to do with the positions of players drafted but instead with the quality of players drafted. To be fair you can't play the "same ol' Browns" card until this draft class proves they're not viable NFL talent.

Talk to me in three years.

I don't understand how one could be disappointed in this draft.

Not trying to be an asshole (I hardly have to "try"). I just actually don't understand how you can look at what the team did and complain about it.

Most don't understand the best ways to insure continuity for success is either by having an elite QB or elite players in the trenches. Since this team doesn't have the former, the smart moves are to not pretend that we do and build up the latter. It's brilliant draft strategy executed very well by Farmer. Since the lack of understanding, many assume if you don't get the flashy picks, you're not doing well. Which couldn't be further from the truth.

The other thing most people (Browns fans) fail to realize that having a weapon at TE or WR is NOT a QB's best friend. Having a good offensive line is.

My agenda for this Browns draft was fully met. *

1. Help on both lines/build inside out

2. A pass rusher who can also tackle RB's

3. A ST return man (the fact he is also an excellent RB with real hands is just icing on the cake)

4. Some real value picks in late rounds (Ifo/Pullard)

5. No reaches, especially the elusive QB reach that so many Browns teams in the past have done at the expense of their overall draft.

Next year we can go for the "divas"

*but damn I sure think Lockett is gonna prove out to be a steal for Seattle

Archived