THE BROWNS BOARD

Ohio: The bandwagon state

StinkHole

I'm confused how the Browns could be rated higher at ILB and WR. Doesn't make sense. Your TE's were better than Heath Miller? Again, I'd really like to see what the ratings are based on.

That measures last year with Jordan Cameron....pre injury, he was better than Heath. But Cameron is gone, so it is pretty much up in the air. Miller wins so far based on history/reputation.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't speak about the Browns players. I can tell you Cam Heyward is fantastic. All hustle, good leader, very strong. He applies a lot of pressure.

Cam Thomas is garbage and outside of a flood of injuries I don't see how he makes the team.

Steve Mclendon played with a shoulder injury last year. Very strong 2 gap player that I have a high opinion of.

Dan McCullers was a rookie spot player last year who started at times late in the season due to injuries. He's a house, like 6'8" 350. Tough to move.

Stephon Tuitt was a rook out of ND and really got better over the course of the year. He'll start this year and expectations are high.

Arthur Moats is an average journeyman type player who I expect will start at the beginning and eventually be replaced by Dupree when he's ready.

Jones was injured last year after having 2 sacks in 3 games. He came back but had a hard time and had to split with Harrison.

Harrison continues to be a beast who will get situational pass rush opportunities this year. Love the guy.

Shazier fought injuries last year but flashed when he played. I expect him and Timmons to become one of the best tandems in the NFL by years end.

Vince Williams and Sean Spence have been solid backups. Larry Foote type players.

In other words, you basically agree with all my assessments.

Its pretty good that he was considered the #5 center in the NFL when he didn't even play half the game. Without the injury, he is probably #1 on every list.

Browns fans would rather have Mack. Stiller fans would rather have Pouncey. I guess we both get what we want. Awesome.

The Ultimate point is: The center position is the ONLY position where a Steeler player is arguably better than a Browns play along the OL.

The next time you get upset at the dude in Steeler gear, remember that you only have yourselves to blame.

Below is a gif illustrating the difference one year makes when there are signs that good things are ahead for the Browns and Bengals.

In 2013 Steeler fans swallowed up half of Ohio. Notice the expansion of bengals and browns fans and the recession of Steeler fans in 2014.

Especially Bengal fans.

Bunch of bandwagon jumpers you are :)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2014/09/09/how-americas-favorite-nfl-teams-have-changed-in-a-year/

2irp0mf.gif

From what I can see, here is the ultimate result of this:

Territorial winners:

Seahawks

Broncos

Panthers

Browns

Bengals

49ers

Cardinals

Losers:

Raiders

Cowboys

Steelers

and correct me if I am wrong....does it look like it is the Packers that lost like all of Alaska to Seattle?

Most other teams changed very little.

I think TFD deserves to have his original name back.

I'm not sure of any past transgressions, but lately he sounds like a dude who just wants to talk football.

He doesn't lob personal insults, is civil and coherent, and doesn't spout the usual "better than you" bullshit. So what if likes the cheating raping Steelers.

The guy can take some punishment and has stuck around and makes decent conversation. He's a hell of a lot less inflammatory than Ghoolie and is actually here to discuss a great sports rivalry rather than just troll us like that dick from Buffalo whose daughter is a hooker.

I say, let the man be called what he wants. He's earned my respect and can contribute to the board.

Just my two inches.

I'm not sure of any past transgressions, but lately he sounds like a dude who just wants to talk football.

He doesn't lob personal insults, is civil and coherent, and doesn't spout the usual "better than you" bullshit. So what if likes the cheating raping Steelers.

The guy can take some punishment and has stuck around and makes decent conversation. He's a hell of a lot less inflammatory than Ghoolie and is actually here to discuss a great sports rivalry rather than just troll us like that dick from Buffalo who's daughter is a hooker.

I say, let the man be called what he wants. He's earned my respect and can contribute to the board.

Just my two inches.

If we change it, it will be to HHSEMFSF (Huge-headed, salad-eating, mother-fucking steeler-fan), but he seems comfortable trolling for dick.

Z

If we change it, it will be to HHSEMFSF (Huge-headed, salad-eating, mother-fucking steeler-fan), but he seems comfortable trolling for dick.

Z

Look man, I'm not gonna start liking the Browns or something crazy like that if you change my name. And trolling for dick is pretty f'n funny yet insulting and flattering at the same time. I'm game for whatever.

The guy can take some punishment and has stuck around and makes decent conversation. He's a hell of a lot less inflammatory than Ghoolie and is actually here to discuss a great sports rivalry rather than just troll us like that dick from Buffalo who's daughter is a hooker.

Just my two inches.

Thanks.

The Ultimate point is: The center position is the ONLY position where a Steeler player is arguably better than a Browns play along the OL.

And just so I'm clear as well, I think the lines are closer than maybe some of you want to admit. I know the PFF ratings are pretty strongly in your favor, no doubt, but I think the Steeler line is becoming a unit of strength and blocking for Ben is hard .I don't think I tried to argue they were better as a unit as much as defended them from the perception they are bad. Our left guard is below board. The rest of them are pretty solid. Arguing which center is better is really debating who's the best in the league.

TFD damn your a good sport and can talk it also. Z., HHSEMFSF is F ing hilarious and most Stiller fans would be honored, including Fat Chick Huge Stiller Fan pictures soon to come. Or HOV (Head Of Volkswagen) SEMFSF?

Look man, I'm not gonna start liking the Browns or something crazy like that if you change my name. And trolling for dick is pretty f'n funny yet insulting and flattering at the same time. I'm game for whatever.

You consider it flattering? What? Is there some truth there? :blink:

And just so I'm clear as well, I think the lines are closer than maybe some of you want to admit.

Talent wise: no....but:

I know the PFF ratings are pretty strongly in your favor, no doubt, but I think the Steeler line is becoming a unit of strength and blocking for Ben is hard

Oh, I think they played well together that last several games of the season. I think they are well coached. They probably played above their talent level. Credit to Mike Munchak.

.I don't think I tried to argue they were better as a unit as much as defended them from the perception they are bad. Our left guard is below board. The rest of them are pretty solid. Arguing which center is better is really debating who's the best in the league.

Again, I don't think I said they were bad......simply that each individual Browns OL is better/more talented than each Steeler OL. Given that....when the Browns OC went down, the line did not gel. We had a major weak link in their substituting for Mack....and you know what they say about only being as strong as your weakest link. That is why they went for Erving in Round One.

Unfortunately no. I think you overvalue some of your players.

No, I only value them in comparison to the Steelers players.

Face it.....after 40+ years....you have what many consider to be a weak defense. Over the weekend I even saw some national reports on "how strong the Steelers offense will be....and they will have to be to make up for a weakened defense".

As for evaluation....many of those same national commentators give the Browns a Top Ten defense.

No, I only value them in comparison to the Steelers players.

Face it.....after 40+ years....you have what many consider to be a weak defense. Over the weekend I even saw some national reports on "how strong the Steelers offense will be....and they will have to be to make up for a weakened defense".

As for evaluation....many of those same national commentators give the Browns a Top Ten defense.

I guess we'll find out as the season goes on. I'm not predicting greatness from the Steeler defense. They'll be younger and faster so they'll make mistakes but do it quickly. lol. And that's ok, they needed to turn over the older players and they've used some high draft picks recently to try and get better. We'll see. The offense should be able to carry them for a while.

Archived