THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade Bait

gftChris

Bad trades:

2004 we traded a second-round and a first-round to Detroit for future Hall-Of-Famer Kellen Winslow II. Detroit was in the middle of defining Matt Millen as arguably the single worst GM of all time, but throwing a first and a second for a TE.. is stupidity of the highest order.

2008 we traded a second and a first for future Hall-Of-Famer Brady Quinn.

2011 we traded away Julio Jones for the poo-poo platter of Phil Taylor, Owen Marecic, and Greg Little.

1989 first, second, fifth, ninth round for the rights to draft Eric Metcalf, who we only had for 5 years. This is the prototypical example of why drafting the high WR is bad - because you don't recoup value if the player won't resign with you.

Good trade: 1985 supplemental draft we traded our 1985 first and third, 1986 first and sixth for Buffalo -- for the rights to Bernie Kosar.

You don't trade your depth you never had before. It's preseason, you play your depth and the shoppers will come to you. Farmers time is ticking in 4 preseason games to act if needed. Stay healthy and I love where we sit. Let the battles begin and we will get better on both sides of the ball daily.

Bad trades:

2004 we traded a second-round and a first-round to Detroit for future Hall-Of-Famer Kellen Winslow II. Detroit was in the middle of defining Matt Millen as arguably the single worst GM of all time, but throwing a first and a second for a TE.. is stupidity of the highest order.

2011 we traded away Julio Jones for the poo-poo platter of Phil Taylor, Owen Marecic, and Greg Little.

1989 first, second, fifth, ninth round for the rights to draft Eric Metcalf, who we only had for 5 years. This is the prototypical example of why drafting the high WR is bad - because you don't recoup value if the player won't resign with you.

Good trade: 1985 supplemental draft we traded our 1985 first and third, 1986 first and sixth for Buffalo -- for the rights to Bernie Kosar.

Bad trades:

I'm pretty sure the poo-poo platter also contains Brandon Weeden.

I really need this coming season to be a great one, so we can

put the past so many years' bad history to rest.

It's like getting poison ivy every fall, and it wasn't my fault....... :)

I'm pretty sure the poo-poo platter also contains Brandon Weeden.

read something about Weeden the other day that mentioned he was 32.....HA!.....I know he was old when we drafted him, but damn, that came really fast!.....another year or 2 and he's close to done.....

Archived