THE BROWNS BOARD

Rank The Afc North Draft

OSU Kid

If Hughes is rolling over Castro and putting Steeler RBs down like little bitches with no gains or a loss....then it will by no means be a "reach".

And Mel Kiper had Winn as a third round rating, and they got him in what? the 6th/7th round?

So don't worry about the fact that maybe the Browns took what you think was a 6th round rater and got him in the third when they got a third round rater and got him in the 6th round.

It all works out.

(Browns best DT, Aytaba Rubin was a 6th rounder)

And who is to say the Browns were "forced" to take Benjamin?

He was the fastest WR in this draft, more or less, (that is what I hear, I am not privy to every single 40 time). It seems to me that he fit their need exactly.

On the other side of the ball the Browns have a big, powerful, strong, over the middle type WR in Greg Little. What they didn't have was up top speed. That is what they needed first and foremost. That is what they got with Benjamin. The Steelers ain't go no DBs that can keep up with him.

Ike Taylor may be the fastest player on our team. He ran a 4.2 last off season and is one of the fastest players in the NFL. Our defense also isn't built around lock down man coverage BECAUSE the QB has to worry about the front seven and last I checked our front seven is pretty damn good.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, after the draft, the squeelers, bungles, and rotten stupid ratbirds had fine drafts...

but that doesn't make them a lot better.

The Browns had a very fine draft - and they will be HUGELY better.

Some old problems (dline depth, lb depth, RT :angry: ...

and sure, big armed qb eventually ? starting sooner or later....

Huge, dramatic improvement in a team that needs it.

The other three are still who they are.

How is the Steeler draft ranked 3rd? They certainly had a better draft than Baltimore and for the picks we had I'd argue we had a better draft than the Bengals as well. A guard in the mold of Faneca and a left tackle that should start at left or right tackle as a rookie. Spence is a heat seeking missile and the nose tackle is cut from the Hampton mold. You then add in Rainey in the 5th who A LOT of people compare to LeMichael James and Isiah Pead both who were drafted much higher. The Steelers killed it.

Yeh, on paper PIT nailed it. They got a top first rounder with their late first round pick and they got a bottom first rounder with their late second round pick.

I'm not that big on the draft. Check with me in 3 years and I will tell ya how everybody did in 2012.

Looks like CLE got a super running back to make y'all forget about Peyton who? Looks like CLE also got a new rookie QB for PIT's and BAL's defenses to eat alive. It's gonna be a long season at lakeside with another rookie QB.

I dunno, maybe the Browns will luck-out and have a QB like Cincy's Dalton.

Yeh, on paper PIT nailed it. They got a top first rounder with their late first round pick and they got a bottom first rounder with their late second round pick.

I'm not that big on the draft. Check with me in 3 years and I will tell ya how everybody did in 2012.

Looks like CLE got a super running back to make y'all forget about Peyton who? Looks like CLE also got a new rookie QB for PIT's and BAL's defenses to eat alive. It's gonna be a long season at lakeside with another rookie QB.

A refreshing reply. I also agree BUT I am big on the draft. We'll see how things shake out once the season starts but I'm THRILLED with our draft and would rate this one second to only the 74' Hall of Famer haul.

Looks like CLE also got a new rookie QB for PIT's and BAL's defenses to eat alive. It's gonna be a long season at lakeside with another rookie QB.

Seriously?!? The one thing you didn't get was a QB who could eat our defenses alive. We have the most trouble with mobile QB's (Tebow, Vick, etc.) Weeden is statue. On top of that, Weeden's biggest weakness is making good decisions when staring down the blitz. I see Baltimore eating him alive. In theory Pittsburgh should eat him alive, but our defense doesn't look to be good this year.

Outside Linebackers Harrison and Woodley failed to apply much pressure to QBs last year. The defensive line should be just as good or better, which means there will be opportunities to get to the QB. Inside Linebacker Timmons has been MIA since signing his contract, and Foote (a capable backup) is filling in for Farrior. Foote is not an improvement. Ike "Stone Hands" Taylor is our best dB, and he was torched in the play-off game against Tebow and company. There's no starter opposite him. Troy will be bright spot in our secondary (if he stays healthy) but Clark ain't no spring chicken. This year's draft did not address our linebacking and secondary issues, i.e. by supplying viable starters for 2012. I don't see Spence as anything more than a special teams player in 2012.

If Pittsburgh makes the play-offs this year, it's likely going to be by the Green Bay/New England model of high scoring offense/barely noticeable speed bump defense. Problem is our owner hates that model.

Ike Taylor may be the fastest player on our team. He ran a 4.2 last off season and is one of the fastest players in the NFL. Our defense also isn't built around lock down man coverage BECAUSE the QB has to worry about the front seven and last I checked our front seven is pretty damn good.

Nevertheless, the point is the Browns needed speed. Take the speedsters off the steelers team (Brown/Wallace) and what kind of receiving corps do they have?

Speed kills, and the Browns were far from lethal last year. Perhaps now, with "All About the" Benjamin, they will be a little more dangerous.

A refreshing reply. I also agree BUT I am big on the draft. We'll see how things shake out once the season starts but I'm THRILLED with our draft and would rate this one second to only the 74' Hall of Famer haul.

Now you are just being either silly or stupid.

Seriously?!? The one thing you didn't get was a QB who could eat our defenses alive. We have the most trouble with mobile QB's (Tebow, Vick, etc.) Weeden is statue. On top of that, Weeden's biggest weakness is making good decisions when staring down the blitz. I see Baltimore eating him alive. In theory Pittsburgh should eat him alive, but our defense doesn't look to be good this year.

I think you need to take a big Emily Lattela moment here Shrike. (Nevermind).Read his post again. He said just what you said...that we have a QB that the Rats and Squibs can eat alive.

Though, I will say this: Weeden is no more a statue than the other 3 QBs in this division. None of them remind anyone of Fran Tarkenton or Roger Staubach.

Outside Linebackers Harrison and Woodley failed to apply much pressure to QBs last year. The defensive line should be just as good or better, which means there will be opportunities to get to the QB. Inside Linebacker Timmons has been MIA since signing his contract, and Foote (a capable backup) is filling in for Farrior. Foote is not an improvement. Ike "Stone Hands" Taylor is our best dB, and he was torched in the play-off game against Tebow and company. There's no starter opposite him. Troy will be bright spot in our secondary (if he stays healthy) but Clark ain't no spring chicken. This year's draft did not address our linebacking and secondary issues, i.e. by supplying viable starters for 2012. I don't see Spence as anything more than a special teams player in 2012.

If Pittsburgh makes the play-offs this year, it's likely going to be by the Green Bay/New England model of high scoring offense/barely noticeable speed bump defense. Problem is our owner hates that model.

I think you need to take a big Emily Lattela moment here Shrike. (Nevermind).Read his post again. He said just what you said...that we have a QB that the Rats and Squibs can eat alive.

Okay, so I'm blind and lacked enough caffeine for proper comprehension this morning. Maybe I'll just use my anti-entropic powers and just modify the quote to fit my argument as any upstanding Brown's Forum Moderator would do. Or maybe I'll just revisit it with one of my Samurai Futaba moments.

Okay, so I'm blind and lacked enough caffeine for proper comprehension this morning. Maybe I'll just use my anti-entropic powers and just modify the quote to fit my argument as any upstanding Brown's Forum Moderator would do. Or maybe I'll just revisit it with one of my Samurai Futaba moments.

Make it an out of body experience and your on.

Nevertheless, the point is the Browns needed speed. Take the speedsters off the steelers team (Brown/Wallace) and what kind of receiving corps do they have?

Speed kills, and the Browns were far from lethal last year. Perhaps now, with "All About the" Benjamin, they will be a little more dangerous.

Emmanuel Sanders and Jerricho Cotchery. We also shouldn't forget Heath Miller AND Chris Rainey can play the slot when he's ready. As far as Benjamin is concerned speed certainly kills but it's not everything and it's also not the reason Browns did as well as he did last season.

I don't know how Weeden will fair, but critics(i.e. Steeler fans) seem to think that Weeden will be worse than McCoy. I do not think anyone in reality thinks that. All QBs have weaknesses, all QBs have problems under pressure, thats kind of a stupid comment actually. I think he probably needs improved footwork in the pocket, something thats coachable. What Weeden will do is give the Browns is a vertical threat in the passing game, because he has an arm and can make the deep throws with velocity something McCoy desperately lacks.

As to the draft itself I think the Steelers did have a good draft they got go value for their early round picks. I disagree with the comment that DeCastro was a top 6 rated player, I did not see that anywhere(not saying someone didn't have him that high, I just never saw it). I wanted the Browns to stay away from Adams, he had red flags, not just for the dope, but he came to the combine and managed a meager 15 reps or something at the bench. Now without a medical excuse, this wreaks of laziness to me, you know you are going to have to bench at the combine, its something you should be easily to prepare, so either he was to lazy to prepare for that OR he just is not capable of getting stronger, either way that throws up a flag for me. He may turn out to be great, I don't know, but to me the Steelers are taking a crap shoot, he may bust.

Also, drafts are very hard to rate days after they occur, we can only truly grades 3 or more yrs after the fact to get a true perspective. I seem to recall the Steelers fans thinking they won they day a few yrs ago with Mendenhall and Sweed, doesn't seem so great now does it. As to the Browns draft this yr, I agree that Hughes and Benjamin seem to be reaches based on how the "experts" had these players graded out. I do not, however, agree that the Browns should have drafted a WR early due to need, you draft your board, if the board has Weeden higher, you draft him etc. Although QBs almost always get over overdrafted which is fine considering how invaluable they are and hard to find competent ones. I believe the Browns have improved via the draft significantly on offense, the OL should be very good this yr, QB play will be better, which I think in turn will make the WR better(I hope) and our D line should be MUCH better against the run. Time will tell, 3 yrs from we can revisit this draft and see which team actually did better. For the Browns I think everything hinges on how Weeden pans out, he pans out then the Browns will have won the "draft war".

Emmanuel Sanders and Jerricho Cotchery. We also shouldn't forget Heath Miller AND Chris Rainey can play the slot when he's ready. As far as Benjamin is concerned speed certainly kills but it's not everything and it's also not the reason Browns did as well as he did last season.

I am not sure I comprehend the highlighted portion.

And yes, speed is not everything...but it is like money. To quote George Bailey "It sure helps down here on Earth". If you don't have it you sure as hell feel the squeeze.

From what I understand, this guy is fair at route running and decent at holding onto the ball.

oh, ive never seen hyperbole before.

if you're gonna run into our house and demand us be reasonable when talking about you, then try being reasonable first.

you fucking illiterates dont come here to talk football, you come here to gloat.....seemingly about anything and everything you can....whether its based on fact or not. so, you can very kindly fuck off and and go dip it in your big sister again. keep that gene pool in pittsburgh clean.

i'd be more than happy to talk football with you guys, as i live in pittsburgh, work in pittsburgh, and am surrounded by pitttsburghers. you guys seem to be the young generation of fan that has no respect, no knowledge, and no history to remember...the idiots that call into talk radio to bitch about pedro last month, and turn around to call in to put him at #4 because he's been able to make contact with the ball over the last 3 weeks. you're as fair weather as they come....as you dont have any clue what real pittsburgh fans endured years ago. kinda like the pirates now....except the city and fans abandoned that team 15 years ago.

for a city that knows what it feels like to field a perennial loser in such a storied franchise in the pirates...afterall, much like the browns, a good portion of the pitt population has never seen a winning season, i figured i'd see more compassion rather than attitude.

so lets recap....completely fairweather fans that abandoned the bucs long ago. every year, the Nuttings spend the least amount possible and gladly rape the city and few fans for everything they can. good luck extending the record for most consective losing seasons....i'd say you should be proud, but you dont care.

oh the pens....one of the most talented teams in the NHL that can't seem to get past the first round of the playoffs. yeah, its nice to at least get there. its worse when you've got sydney crosby and the NHL scoring leader, yet can't get past the instate rival that owns you in the consol energy center, made you look foolish with the jagr deal, and embarrassed you time after time on the ice. remember what the pens looked like before shiro and crosby? nope....you dont, cause you didn't care. if not for a one mario lemeuiescsiurhjsoisx, you wouldn't even have a hockey team.

then the steelers....the one almost constant in the city. know why this city breathes football? cause you're other sports suck. it was the pirates well before football ever became big here.....ironically, right around the time the pathetic steelers franchise started compromising the health of its players to be relevant.

i'd love to have a real conversation with you guys....but considering that your relative intelligence compared with those i normally talk with is very sub-par, i see no reason to respond. perhaps if you could drop the facade of "the city of champions" and realize all you have is a good football team, stop condescending like your shit doesn't stink, and stop making shit up......maybe i'll respond in kind. otherwise, you just continue to perpetuate what everyone already think about you....you're a dying city with nothing but a fucking football team to cheer for.

You want a real conversation - then you post that bunch of crap you just did?

Let's compare cities first - you call Pittsburgh a dying city? Are you clueless. Why is it that PNC Bank was able to buy out National City? Do you have the even the slightest clue about economics? Pittsburgh is one of the better areas of the country for employment and growth - providing people want to do work (even if it is labor and not white collar). It was not hurt by the real estate boom and bust - where Cleveland has been among the most dying areas of the country with the 3rd lowest High School graduation rate in the country.

Comparing franchises: Throwing the Penguins under the bus because they lost in the 1st round of the playoffs this year. I perfectly remember what the Penguins looked like before Shero and Crosby. Craig Patrick built a team that included Kevin Stevens, Jaromir Jagr, Ron Francis, Paul Coffey and more - enough to win back to back Stanley Cups. They went through a very difficult period because a series of owners mishandled the franchise and put them into dire straights. There would not be a team there if not for Lemieux - but just because the team lost this year in the playoffs does not mean they are not a team worth rooting for. That is among the dumbest comments ever - they have some of the brightest young stars in the game and were in the Stanley Cup Finals on back to back years not very long ago - including winning the Championship.

You berate the Penguins because of what Jagr did?

How about you take a closer look at the Cavaliers? LeBron James has a special show to announce he's leaving town (at least Sidney Crosby hasn't left town). What about Carlos Boozer - does that one still sting? Brad Daugherty wouldn't even attend his own jersey retirement ceremony. The NBA Owners had their chance to fix the game, but didn't have the balls to see it through, instead the league is more about the name on the back of the jersey than the front - and you can bet whoever it is the Cavaliers develop into a good basketball player will leave town just like every other spoiled NBA player.

The Pittsburgh Pirates? It disgusts me, but I never turned on the Pirates, just all of MLB altogether. When a league is set up so disproportionately what is the point of putting your heart into it. The Indians are in no better shape, any player developed into a star will leave for more money anyway. MLB dropped the ball when they had their chance in 1994 and the league will never be fixed.

I grew up in Ohio when the Browns made their late 80s run and I had to endure enough trash talk for a lifetime. Then, soon as things didn't go their way I can never forget hearing garbage like - I don't care if the Browns win, I hope they lose because they cut Bernie and I won't root for them as long as Belichick is the coach. What a load of crap. Then when the Browns came back, the running of the mouth began again, even before the first game - how the Browns were going to win 35-0.

I personally loved the excuse about how the NFL wasn't fair to the Browns and didn't give them the same advantages that the Jaguars and Panthers had. Every year its been a new excuse and every year it's been how the Steelers are in decline and the Browns will over take them.

You say that Pittsburgh only has the Steelers to root for - when that is not true - but based on your logic than Cleveland doesn't have a single team to root for. Maybe that's why you continously see idiots like Gipper say that AAFC Championships are more valuable than Super Bowls.

Any city that has a jackass like him who akins rooting for another team as cheering for the WTC attacks deserves everything it gets. I don't lump everyone into the category of that piece of shit - who I would happily punch in the face for that kind of classless, piece of shit remark. I know for a fact that the talk shows were all celebrating the injury to Roethlisberger last year as if the Browns won the game, because it took the Steelers out of contention. They don't have the brains enough to realize that injury led to a Steelers O.C. change and the drafting of offensive lineman - in addition to the owner intervening and wanting Ben to tweak his game so he stays more injury free. Not that celebrating someone getting hurt is classless enough.

The problem with Cleveland fans on this board is they don't want to be told the truth and they are a bunch of excuse makers. I come on here for a good laugh at the stupidity and the blatant homerism that is comical.

If you want an intelligent conversation, start with providing one yourself.

You want a real conversation - then you post that bunch of crap you just did?

Let's compare cities first - you call Pittsburgh a dying city? Are you clueless. Why is it that PNC Bank was able to buy out National City? Do you have the even the slightest clue about economics? Pittsburgh is one of the better areas of the country for employment and growth - providing people want to do work (even if it is labor and not white collar). It was not hurt by the real estate boom and bust - where Cleveland has been among the most dying areas of the country with the 3rd lowest High School graduation rate in the country.

Comparing franchises: Throwing the Penguins under the bus because they lost in the 1st round of the playoffs this year. I perfectly remember what the Penguins looked like before Shero and Crosby. Craig Patrick built a team that included Kevin Stevens, Jaromir Jagr, Ron Francis, Paul Coffey and more - enough to win back to back Stanley Cups. They went through a very difficult period because a series of owners mishandled the franchise and put them into dire straights. There would not be a team there if not for Lemieux - but just because the team lost this year in the playoffs does not mean they are not a team worth rooting for. That is among the dumbest comments ever - they have some of the brightest young stars in the game and were in the Stanley Cup Finals on back to back years not very long ago - including winning the Championship.

You berate the Penguins because of what Jagr did?

How about you take a closer look at the Cavaliers? LeBron James has a special show to announce he's leaving town (at least Sidney Crosby hasn't left town). What about Carlos Boozer - does that one still sting? Brad Daugherty wouldn't even attend his own jersey retirement ceremony. The NBA Owners had their chance to fix the game, but didn't have the balls to see it through, instead the league is more about the name on the back of the jersey than the front - and you can bet whoever it is the Cavaliers develop into a good basketball player will leave town just like every other spoiled NBA player.

The Pittsburgh Pirates? It disgusts me, but I never turned on the Pirates, just all of MLB altogether. When a league is set up so disproportionately what is the point of putting your heart into it. The Indians are in no better shape, any player developed into a star will leave for more money anyway. MLB dropped the ball when they had their chance in 1994 and the league will never be fixed.

I grew up in Ohio when the Browns made their late 80s run and I had to endure enough trash talk for a lifetime. Then, soon as things didn't go their way I can never forget hearing garbage like - I don't care if the Browns win, I hope they lose because they cut Bernie and I won't root for them as long as Belichick is the coach. What a load of crap. Then when the Browns came back, the running of the mouth began again, even before the first game - how the Browns were going to win 35-0.

I personally loved the excuse about how the NFL wasn't fair to the Browns and didn't give them the same advantages that the Jaguars and Panthers had. Every year its been a new excuse and every year it's been how the Steelers are in decline and the Browns will over take them.

You say that Pittsburgh only has the Steelers to root for - when that is not true - but based on your logic than Cleveland doesn't have a single team to root for. Maybe that's why you continously see idiots like Gipper say that AAFC Championships are more valuable than Super Bowls.

Any city that has a jackass like him who akins rooting for another team as cheering for the WTC attacks deserves everything it gets.

You really do not get it do you? It is a matter of loyalty. Anyone who roots for the enemy is a traitor...be that to a football team or a real enemy. It is a test of character that the "rooter for the enemy" fails. Sure, it is an extreme and absurd example, but the principle is essentially the same. The reason you do not comprehend it is because you do not possess the strength of character, or the trait of loyalty.

I don't lump everyone into the category of that piece of shit - who I would happily punch in the face for that kind of classless, piece of shit remark.

Come to 480 W. Tuscarawas Ave. Barberton, Ohio, loser.

I will never take back my position that a person born and raised here in NEOhio who roots for the Steelers is nothing but a frontrunner asskisser.....and is tantamount to an American rooting for Al-Qaeda. My grandfather was killed by a Nazi bomb, my dad fought in the ETO, I won the draft lottery.

When the Browns are dominant...and all the FRAKs in Peetown are sporting Brown and Orange...you will understand.

I know for a fact that the talk shows were all celebrating the injury to Roethlisberger last year as if the Browns won the game, because it took the Steelers out of contention. They don't have the brains enough to realize that injury led to a Steelers O.C. change and the drafting of offensive lineman - in addition to the owner intervening and wanting Ben to tweak his game so he stays more injury free. Not that celebrating someone getting hurt is classless enough.

I don't think anyone getting hurt should be "celebrated", but like I said elsewhere, I ain't gonna be sympathetic to the loss to injury that other teams suffer, because no one has suffered more losses to injuries over the years than the Browns, and no one else was sympathetic about that.

The problem with Cleveland fans on this board is they don't want to be told the truth and they are a bunch of excuse makers. I come on here for a good laugh at the stupidity and the blatant homerism that is comical.

Homerism is blatant in every single NFL or sporting market in the world. If you don't understand that then you are naive as hell.

If you want an intelligent conversation, start with providing one yourself.

It wouldn't be with you...you wouldn't comprehend it. You would be too blinded by homerism.

After all, everything you have said simply applies equally to you and your ilk. You are just too unintelligent to comprehend that fact.

Pittsburgh is a dying city? National Geographic just rated in one of the top 25 places in THE WORLD to visit because of it's rich history, architecture and diverse cultural districts. It's also being labeled as a MODEL for other cities to follow because the city came from the brink (Steel industry collapse) to a complete and total revitalization. A "Dying city" wouldn't have hosted the G20 summit. It also wouldn't be the National Headquarters for several major brands AND heading up a truly unique movie making structure that allows studios to come in, catch a tax break and make fantastic movies using the "dying city" as it's back drop. I have ABSOLUTELY no idea how this thread went from discussing draft classes to bashing cities. It's precisely why this message board has such a problem. A little civility goes a long way. I've been here a while now on two names and when I first joined it wasn't to troll. I also don't post to troll currently. It's nice to get a different perspective when people are actually using their brains. The problem with that statement is a lot of people don't use that large muscle between their ears, they just spew, spew, spew.

There are a lot of hilariously self righteous and sometimes pretentious slugs on this message board.

Pittsburgh is a dying city? National Geographic just rated in one of the top 25 places in THE WORLD to visit because of it's rich history, architecture and diverse cultural districts. It's also being labeled as a MODEL for other cities to follow because the city came from the brink (Steel industry collapse) to a complete and total revitalization. A "Dying city" wouldn't have hosted the G20 summit. It also wouldn't be the National Headquarters for several major brands AND heading up a truly unique movie making structure that allows studios to come in, catch a tax break and make fantastic movies using the "dying city" as it's back drop. I have ABSOLUTELY no idea how this thread went from discussing draft classes to bashing cities. It's precisely why this message board has such a problem. A little civility goes a long way. I've been here a while now on two names and when I first joined it wasn't to troll. I also don't post to troll currently. It's nice to get a different perspective when people are actually using their brains. The problem with that statement is a lot of people don't use that large muscle between their ears, they just spew, spew, spew.

There are a lot of hilariously self righteous and sometimes pretentious slugs on this message board.

This coming from a guy who calls himself a homo...

This coming from a guy who calls himself a homo...

Oh absolutely since I was the one who created that name. It wasn't the admin and or admins that decided to get cute and changed it for me. I'd also love to know how my name having homo in it has anything to do with being self righteous OR pretentious. You may want to pull out your dictionary and read a couple definitions.

It's sad that the Pittsburgh fan has over 1,800 posts on the Browns Board (under two different names) it's almost like he's jealous of how passionate Cleveland is about their sports teams. If you're going to talk about being civil and mature, than why does you signature have references about Cleveland being one of the worst cities? and subtle shots at our moderators? I think your time is better served on the Steeler's Forum (God knows how many names and posts you have on that) or, because since your city is so nice, you should probably get out an experience it instead of posting on a rivals forum under 2 names...

No...Pitts a nice place. I live here because I like it. My issue is the arrogance of the trolls....Pitt has as many problems as Cleveland does, given the similar geographic location and history. Pick a favorable ranking from an obscure magazine that fits your argument, unless the water authority decides to fix the crumbling infrastructure, people will eventually run out of water. Bloomfield can't even care for the park dedicated to Paul sciullo after making a huge spectacle of his death....I'd be embarrassed to be forced by the community to mow the fucking grass. Once is the last bastion....didn't Mellon take his bank elsewhere? anyone in your family get treated at upmc cancer unit? Doesn't sound like it.

I know more about Pittsburgh than all you fucking Steelers trolls, so cite your natgeo and USA today when it suits you. But don't for one second think your gonna roll in here and lecture anyone about how Cleveland and Ohio suck. You're not better than anyone....

Oh absolutely since I was the one who created that name. It wasn't the admin and or admins that decided to get cute and changed it for me. I'd also love to know how my name having homo in it has anything to do with being self righteous OR pretentious. You may want to pull out your dictionary and read a couple definitions.

We have simply grown to know you and love you by that name. Never give it up.

It's sad that the Pittsburgh fan has over 1,800 posts on the Browns Board (under two different names) it's almost like he's jealous of how passionate Cleveland is about their sports teams. If you're going to talk about being civil and mature, than why does you signature have references about Cleveland being one of the worst cities? and subtle shots at our moderators? I think your time is better served on the Steeler's Forum (God knows how many names and posts you have on that) or, because since your city is so nice, you should probably get out an experience it instead of posting on a rivals forum under 2 names...

I have what I have in my signature for a VERY specific reason. My admin changed username. It highlights my actual username AND then makes a dig at the state of Ohio. My gf and eventual wife is from Ohio. I went to college in Ohio and love Columbus but that's been in my sig for a while. Mostly to point the finger at those that talk down about the city of pittsburgh.. I'm also always civil and mature unless attacked before hand, then i put the kid gloves on and return the favor. As far as my post count is concerned that's a pretty meager total for an active message board AND I enjoy arguing. Jealous of your passion for sports? Pittsburgh and Cleveland aren't all that different when it comes to being passionate about their respective sports teams. The difference? We win. Oh and the city completely reinvented itself and is now a model for cities trying to do the same. Cleveland should really try and follow suit on both fronts.

No...Pitts a nice place. I live here because I like it. My issue is the arrogance of the trolls....Pitt has as many problems as Cleveland does, given the similar geographic location and history. Pick a favorable ranking from an obscure magazine that fits your argument, unless the water authority decides to fix the crumbling infrastructure, people will eventually run out of water. Bloomfield can't even care for the park dedicated to Paul sciullo after making a huge spectacle of his death....I'd be embarrassed to be forced by the community to mow the fucking grass. Once is the last bastion....didn't Mellon take his bank elsewhere? anyone in your family get treated at upmc cancer unit? Doesn't sound like it.

I know more about Pittsburgh than all you fucking Steelers trolls, so cite your natgeo and USA today when it suits you. But don't for one second think your gonna roll in here and lecture anyone about how Cleveland and Ohio suck. You're not better than anyone....

Pittsburgh has completely revitalized itself and truly is a model city now. Sure every city has it's problems but Pittsburgh is a wonderful place across the board and came from the brink. As far as Mellon Bank is concerned they merged with the Bank of New York and guess who is now building a GIANT headquarters in Pittsburgh. PNC Bank...man oh man Mellon leaving clearly had everything to do with the city and nothing to do with the merger. *shakes head* I was also born and raised in Western, PA. I also never said at ANY POINT that Pittsburgh was better than anyone but simply defended MY CITY to the ridiculous and unfounded attacks. I would suspect you to do the same. Get your story straight. I only bring up what I bring up in RESPONSE. End of story.

Homotron,

It's obvious you have been a pest around here for a long time if the administrators had to resort to a comical solution. The name fits, you're always on our computers screens acting like a complete homo. (Apologies to Calvin Johnson and the play on his nickname, "Megatron") but what doesn't fit is your "Pittsburgh Ego"... If you're "always civil and mature unless attacked before hand" then how come you're the only Steelers Fan to be blessed with a name change? You're here with the soul purpose to kick dirt on Cleveland while arrogantly talking about Pittsburgh for a reasons that can only point to how pathetic you must be in real life. So go ahead, write some quick witted response on the brilliance of The Steelers, you still got tebow'd. lol

The admins rock :D . And why post when obviously you're not welcome here so you just troll, wasting your time...

Homotron,

It's obvious you have been a pest around here for a long time if the administrators had to resort to a comical solution. The name fits, you're always on our computers screens acting like a complete homo. (Apologies to Calvin Johnson and the play on his nickname, "Megatron") but what doesn't fit is your "Pittsburgh Ego"... If you're "always civil and mature unless attacked before hand" then how come you're the only Steelers Fan to be blessed with a name change? You're here with the soul purpose to kick dirt on Cleveland while arrogantly talking about Pittsburgh for a reasons that can only point to how pathetic you must be in real life. So go ahead, write some quick witted response on the brilliance of The Steelers, you still got tebow'd. lol

As evidenced by your 7 posts you aren't on here much. Every steeler fan on this board has had their name changed. Valiant effort above though, really strong.

The admins rock :D . And why post when obviously you're not welcome here so you just troll, wasting your time...

I've had plenty of very good conversation here and a few of the posters I really enjoyed talking to left because of all the childish BS. I'm here to read about a division rival and occasionally defend my team. I don't start threads. I don't mock/harass/berate or insult unless I'm insulted first. My post count is evidence of one thing. Just how often the Steelers are talked about on a BROWNS message board. The rest have come from intelligent inter-division discussions which unfortunately seem only crop up once ever 2 months. I also read on a Ravens message board and a Bengals message board. The Ravens board talks about their own damn team with the occasional Steeler discussion from time to time. They also respect the rivalry and aren't quick to name call and act like morons. It's a unique group here but you take the good with the bad and the good is the only reason I still come around. I was gone for the last few months and came back right before the draft. The dip sh.its run the good posters off. You don't see Pizza posting as often, Al is basically gone. Essentially anyone not drinking the kool-aid browns fan or not gets run off by the mouth breathers. A childish name change isn't going to run me off.

EDIT: Also how the xxxx are you a Bills AND a Browns fan? You should probably stick to not posting.

Archived