THE BROWNS BOARD

So we basically signed another Jake Delhomme?

domcucch1994

I really don't get this move at all.

For as much as Hoyer was inconsistent this past year, and for as much as I wanted him out after a certain point of inept performances, he is a MUCH more viable option at QB than this loser we just signed...

I mean what are they thinking?! This organization proves to us each year that the only consistency they have is inconsistency and bad decisions..

This move clearly tells us that Cleveland will be taking yet another QB in the first round of the 2016 draft after they go 4-12 and fail miserably.. Then this poor soul will be succumbed to the never-ending saga of failure and inconsistency that is the Browns..

two winning seasons since we came back in '99. TWO!

When is this bullshit going to stop? When is the "building for the future" phase ever gonna stop? When are we ever going to see the playoffs? When will we stop picking QBs at #22 that flop?

I really hope this regime gets it right. i really really do. But so far, they have proved to us, that they are the same ol' Browns...

Rant over.

Gee, too bad you don't have a hot line to Pettine and Farmer -

after all, you don't know, and want to..

gee freakin whiz. That's sad.

Stop complaining - I believe they know what they are doing, it isn't a perfect science,

and...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/28/mccown-want-to-help-manziel-grow-as-a-person-and-player/

Gee, too bad you don't have a hot line to Pettine and Farmer -

after all, you don't know, and want to..

gee freakin whiz. That's sad.

Stop complaining - I believe they know what they are doing, it isn't a perfect science,

and...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/28/mccown-want-to-help-manziel-grow-as-a-person-and-player/

Manziel cannot be helped. He is another Ryan Leaf and needs to be traded asap!

We need a real QB. We've had numerous chances to draft our franchise QB since we came back and we have flopped on all of them. The lone bright spot being Derek Anderson in 2007.

I really hope this regime gets it right. i really really do. But so far, they have proved to us, that they are the same ol' Browns...

Going from 4-12 to 7-9 in year one... Sure, it's not a huge improvement but it is something...

what shit? gordon and manziel? the signing of mccown?

as someone else pointed out earlier up until that signing we had no starting QB. now we do.

people have to give stuff a chance before calling it a fail.

as someone else pointed out earlier up until that signing we had no starting QB. now we do.

McCown is not a starting QB! He is a mediocre inconsistent backup who had a fluke season in Chicago because he had Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall. And he is also 35 years old! This is a terrible signing and it basically says that we want to tank for 2016

So let's try this: Hoyer was done soon as Farmer hit send on the text to Shanny. Manziel was brought here to be our starter from Draft Day Rnd 1 Pick 22. Hoyer is not going to Mentor any QB when Hoyer wants to be your Starter (I Don't Blame Him). We sign Josh who has been like a Hoyer sitting behind Brady for years for a lot less money than Hoyer. Now You hope the plan is to Draft Hundley Or Petty in 1st Round or you wait to 3rd or 4th and get Mannion or Greyson. Josh is a under center QB, makes no sense to Manziel he's never under center. You give me Petty or Mannion who play under center along with Connor Shaw, we will find a starter and his name is not Manziel and for now like pet says you move on like he's not going to be there...

Sure. 6 games is a push. Anything under and I will change my avatar to a handsome Richard Simmons shot for at least a month. Same goes for you. Deal?

What constitutes "a lot better"? If you think they'll win more than 6 games I'll take your offer.

I really don't get this move at all. .... Hoyer was is a MUCH more viable option at QB than this loser we just signed...

I mean what are they thinking?! This organization proves to us each year that the only consistency they have is inconsistency and bad decisions..

Rant over.

Over react much?......FA hasnt even started......the draft hasnt happened yet...

If this was a chess match, then Farmer just moved his first pawn....calm the heck down and have a drink or something.....

i got a six pack that says we win AT LEAST 6 games.

Id take that action too.....NO DOUBT we win more than 6.....

Not with this schedule. And not with Johnny Rehab or Josh McClown at QB

^+1.

Fail? you posted that list of UFA qbs Mik- know who has a better career qbr than "The Clown"? That would be the Clausen Pickle. Kyle Orton is worlds better at the same price.

McCown is not a starting QB! He is a mediocre inconsistent backup who had a fluke season in Chicago because he had Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall. And he is also 35 years old! This is a terrible signing and it basically says that we want to tank for 2016

Preach it bro.

Fail? you posted that list of UFA qbs Mik- know who has a better career qbr than "The Clown"? That would be the Clausen Pickle. Kyle Orton is worlds better at the same price.

there ARE some names on that list that i would have looked at BUT for some reason they wanted mccown and they wanted it done fast. i don't think they wanted to get in some bidding war with another team but that's just a guess. i feel the same way about clausen as you do about mccown.

and didn't orton retire?

Looks like they're going defense and O-line. I will settle for a kick-ass defense and a strong running game for 2015. Then it's Cardale Jones or bust.

McCown starts Game 1 and probably a lot more.

I don't see the comparison with DelHomme. DelHolmme came to us a shot, beaten up, journeyman QB. He had some good years with CAR, but was done. And BTW, he was 35 when he came to us as well to be our starter. We paid him $7mm atop the $12+ CAR owed him.

Josh by contrast is a relatively low mileage, 35 yo. journeyman insurance policy that our staff thinks can produce another 2013-ish performance under our system. And while he is a virtual lock to start early, that's his interim job as a bridge to someone... sometime... and he's OK with that.

there ARE some names on that list that i would have looked at BUT for some reason they wanted mccown and they wanted it done fast. i don't think they wanted to get in some bidding war with another team but that's just a guess. i feel the same way about clausen as you do about mccown.

and didn't orton retire?

Yes Orton did retire- but the Browns did have to outbid the Bills.

McCown starts Game 1 and probably a lot more.

I don't see the comparison with DelHomme. DelHolmme came to us a shot, beaten up, journeyman QB. He had some good years with CAR, but was done. And BTW, he was 35 when he came to us as well to be our starter. We paid him $7mm atop the $12+ CAR owed him.

Josh by contrast is a relatively low mileage, 35 yo. journeyman insurance policy that our staff thinks can produce another 2013-ish performance under our system. And while he is a virtual lock to start early, that's his interim job as a bridge to someone... sometime... and he's OK with that.

Not all that low mileage, 35 is 35 Tour. Took 36 sacks- couldn't find the # of hits with Tampa last year. Posted a 70 qbr with wrs like Evans and Vincent Jackson. Hoyer did better with the smurfs. I'll wait & see- but I have a bad, bad feeling about this.

and didn't orton retire?

Personally the name Flynn jumps out at me, especially for the money. The last start in GB before he bolted for Seattle he threw for a franchise record in yards. I would've thought that it would have been Starr, Farve or Rogers but no. Of course if you see my interests, Flynn piloted us to our last national title back in 2007 (against OSU no less).

According to ESPN, they are calling McCown a mentor, I assume for Manziel. 2 Texas boys both attending Texas schools, probably played 7 man so maybe they can relate. All I know is that Johnny is alot better than he has shown so far. I hope McCown can get JFF's attitude back on track.

I don't see the comparison with DelHomme. DelHolmme came to us .....to be our starter.

I dont see it either....

When we signed Delhomme, they had a big pressy and announced him as our new starter.....and he spoke as the new starter

At this point, the Browns made a bigger deal out of their new color than they did of McCown. And no pressy at all. If you read the Browns statement and Mc's statement, there is positively not one mention of "starter expectations".....so, not a Delhomme to me either..

Now....compare this to signing Gary Danielson(bridge to Kosar) or Ty Detemer(bridge to Couch) and Ill agree......

Not all that low mileage, 35 is 35 Tour. Took 36 sacks- couldn't find the # of hits with Tampa last year. Posted a 70 qbr with wrs like Evans and Vincent Jackson. Hoyer did better with the smurfs. I'll wait & see- but I have a bad, bad feeling about this.

True, h, but 49 starts/ 73 game appearances in a 13-yr career is pretty low. By contrast (operative words) Jake came with 92 starts in 9 NFL years plus some NFL Europe time.

Add to the play that Jake got hurt annually near the end of his CAR time, the most severe being an elbow requiring Tommy John surgery. I got the details from his Wiki page. One tidbit I did not know was that Josh crossed paths with Jake in CAR.

"On April 23, 2009, the Panthers signed Delhomme to a 5-year extension worth $42.5 million, with a $20 million guarantee, putting him under contract through 2014.[29] In the season opener loss against the Philadelphia Eagles, Delhomme went 7 of 17 for 73 yards with four interceptions and a lost fumble, before getting benched for journeyman Josh McCown."

Sure. 6 games is a push. Anything under and I will change my avatar to a handsome Richard Simmons shot for at least a month. Same goes for you. Deal

https://www.facebook.com/FoxValleyOfWisconsinBrownsBackers?ref=bookmarks

McCown is going to be an on-field QB coach. I don't think that the F.O. is confident in the QB coach that DeFilippo brought with.

Well, I should ask who is confident with DeFilippo? He has to be better than Shanny.

Man is this your Facebook link? Awesome pic of Muni.

So many great memories there. All the Sat night games with Pittsburgh. The first Monday night game. Watching Cosell interview Joe Willie on the field right in front of us. Thanks for that trip down memory lane.

10608581_884831868201362_864498057756133

Archived