THE BROWNS BOARD

AJ Hawk Available

BrownsFan4Evr

How so?

How many bad busts have we drafted in that era? I think they would not have had nearly as many if they just said on a lark: take the best available Buckeye.

I guess I could go through it and say: we coulda drafted X Buckeye instead of TR, or Y Buckeye instead of Weeden, or Z Buckeye instead of Mingo.....but it would be silly to do so.

How many bad busts have we drafted in that era? I think they would not have had nearly as many if they just said on a lark: take the best available Buckeye.

I guess I could go through it and say: we coulda drafted X Buckeye instead of TR, or Y Buckeye instead of Weeden, or Z Buckeye instead of Mingo.....but it would be silly to do so.

And unless you do so, your statement has no basis. But if you want to cherry pick all of our busts, go for it

And unless you do so, your statement has no basis. But if you want to cherry pick all of our busts, go for it

So his statement would essentially be akin to literally everything you've ever said here...an opinion with zero fact behind it.

Got it.

The Buckeye vs *ichigan nonsense goes elsewhere. To me, it helps Brian is from the area and that he may want to come home. However he's a plus size receiver that is still pretty young, displays great hands, routes and a quick stride. I could give a shit if he went to tOSU or not, I'm interested in any player that fills a need with those measurables at a reasonable price.

The Buckeye vs *ichigan nonsense goes elsewhere. To me, it helps Brian is from the area and that he may want to come home. However he's a plus size receiver that is still pretty young, displays great hands, routes and a quick stride. I could give a shit if he went to tOSU or not, I'm interested in any player that fills a need with those measurables at a reasonable price.

I agree. We could use the WR help

Hartline Vs Miles Austin.. What we Paying?? And I assume Hartline younger than Miles?? Hartline better Hands but Question Speed??

Hartline might be a tad more expensive, but not by much. He's 3 years younger I believe? At this point has a better first step and top end stride than Miles.

Yes, Brian offers more speed, but I don't see it being Austin vs. Hartline. Hartline has never been a #1... doesn't have the strength Miles does to separate.

So for me the question is: Who would I take Hartline over?

Hawk? No.

Gabe? No.

Benji? Maybe... but at this level of a role, $$$ becomes a consideration.

I don't see Brian in the cards...

Yes, Brian offers more speed, but I don't see it being Austin vs. Hartline. Hartline has never been a #1... doesn't have the strength Miles does to separate.

Hawk? No.

Gabe? No.

Speed to get open=strength to get open to me. Hartline Hands and Sideline feet and younger> than Miles. I kinda think Miles wants overpaid on his last contract and pushes us up to paying him Hartline Money anyhow. I like signing them both and keeping better Depth at the position that is know Gordon-less and still draft one. Hate to say it but, at Benji's size he's looking a little NFL beat up and hearing steps. Next is shying away from Hits such as Cribbs at end with Browns.

Hawk? No.

Gabe? No.

I'd take Hartline over Benji and probably over Gabe, as Brian can play both inside and out while offering more of a height threat in the redzone. The horizontal passing game is nice, being quick

in space is great for those bunch sets we like to use. Gab can also be utilized in a pinch for returning punts or kicks. I could see a spot on the roster for all three. Of those 3, Hartline and Hawk offer the most versatility.

Archived