THE BROWNS BOARD

Who is under more pressure? Pet or Farmer?

Tour2ma

Listening to both in their pressers at the Combine, Farmer seemed to be the one under more pressure to my ear... and not just by a little.

Farmer speaking on the JM fail being on him, how Pet "wants a starter" and finally texting. Not to mention that he seems to have dropped a little weight.

Pet on the other hand speaking about being the guy who visited his rehabbing QB with words of comfort and support.

It's not my hope the either needs to fear for their job anything soon, but if either currently is, then by my ear it seems more likely to be Farmer.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Same Old Browns:: Yesterday Pettine Was Total Class of this organization period. Today Farmer Dresses like he stole something and Ok it was ME. Yes the text in Shanny's phone is mine but Haslem sit's in the same Booth you figure it out. Fine-- Farmer 3 Game Checks and Suspend-- him for the Draft, Yes the Draft. Pettine Knows his need's way more than Farmer. 53 players lose a pick out of this, We really don't need this guy trying to resign the water boy yet alone Alex Mack next year...

My Same Old Browns:: Yesterday Pettine Was Total Class of this organization period. Today Farmer Dresses like he stole something and Ok it was ME. Yes the text in Shanny's phone is mine but Haslem sit's in the same Booth you figure it out. Fine-- Farmer 3 Game Checks and Suspend-- him for the Draft, Yes the Draft. Pettine Knows his need's way more than Farmer. 53 players lose a pick out of this, We really don't need this guy trying to resign the water boy yet alone Alex Mack next year...

Suspend for the draft? That won't happen. Maybe we should let him have at it in his first draft with his people and the correct time to prepare, and then let him sink or swim.

man the texting thing is all bullshit.

i say there really isn't that much pressure on either of them but the pressure that IS there would be equal IMO.

sorta tied to the hip so to speak.

Yea one of the simplest of all rules and he broke it. Bullshit??? Absolutely but I'm glad Shanny blew the whistle on the fucking Retard. IMO the Brown's had an opportunity to get way out in front of this thing and they simply dropped the ball again. He sounds like a complete moron in the presser today and his seat should be way hotter than pet's.

Taking arguably the worst 2 first rounders in last year's draft, texting debacle, and totally mishandling the Ben Tate situation has this fuckwad sweating it out and rightfully so. Haslam has downgraded at the GM position in each of the last 3 years and the results are getting quite comical.

Heckertt > Lombardi > Farmer

So who's next?? Better start searching the underbelly of Cleveland for the rock star homeless dude that gave them the hint on drafting JF. This dumpster fire is starting to spread to the porta John now.

wow, the hits keep coming.

anymore dolts that just wanna down the org and drag everyone through the mud after the best season in 7 years?

great fan douchebag. PLEEZ go root for the pats next year or even better the colts considering you like milking horse cock.

Fuck u mik u are a piece of shit and a complete moron. Ur the type of Retard that just thinks a rb is badass cause he rips off a 60 yrd td run. With no knowledge or insight in the amazing blocking by the line or wrs down field or the qb that checked into the play. That's how fucking simplistic ur Retarded views are. Yeah 7-9 great. But when u totally try to get cute with the roster, make coaches (top coaches) wanna quit, and players that got their big break with the team that drafted them wanna run for the hills and take lateral money and positions. The Brown's have way to many of the problems I'd expect from a 3-13 team. Not a team that was 7-9. No way. I'm sure your a much bigger fan than anyone with an OPINION because your still pull in for butch Davis after having an anxiety attack at halftime and a good cry. I can pile on the team I root for dumbass decisions just the way I credit them for the good ones. Fans don't have to like and salute in unison on every order that comes down the Brown's ladder of success.

Fuck u mik u are a piece of shit and a complete moron. Ur the type of Retard that just thinks a rb is badass cause he rips off a 60 yrd td run. With no knowledge or insight in the amazing blocking by the line or wrs down field or the qb that checked into the play. That's how fucking simplistic ur Retarded views are.

you obviously have never read ONE of my posts then because that is not what i believe at all.

I"M the guy that says draft lineman, DBs and LBs every year. not WRs, RBs or QBs.

you must have me mixed up with some raiders fan you fucktard.

pointing out problems is fine.

calling people out in their first year who actually did their job and increased productivity and increased a team's winning % is lame.

i try not to flame people anymore but some people just ask for it.

Farmer, easily. The texting debacle and his first round have put him under intense scrutiny. Right now, the only person more powerful than Pettine is Haslam.

^+1 Agreed.

pointing out problems is fine.

calling people out in their first year who actually did their job and increased productivity and increased a team's winning % is lame.

i try not to flame people anymore but some people just ask for it.

Sure- everyone of the naysayers wants to pile on- based 90% on the first round shoulda, woulda, coulda. They forget he brought in Dansby and Whitner- Got Hawkins in FA, picked up Gabriel, Williams, and Crowell as UFAs

All they want to do is cry we passed on Mack, Watkins, Evans, Beckham, Carr, & Bridgewater. 20\20 hindsight. If you look back at my posts- I was #1 on the Watkins wagon. We didn't take him. I was the #1 Manziel hatah. I'm over it- and the rest of you should be too- or go root for another team.

Wow, the short attention spans forget that awesome first round where we drafted Richardson and We-done. That was extra special. At least the book isn't written on Gilbert and Manziel yet. I agree with the other thread- to label a first round pick a total bust after six quarters of football is plain ludicrous.

Maybe this would make guys happier- Quote Pettine- I went to see Johnny, and he's in a much better place now." "I shot him."

i mean who can't wait to see what farmer pulls off this year considering the points you just made hoorta.

a large popcorn, some ice cold buds and watching the draft live on tv and hopefully talking shite with people here in this forum's tavern is going to be a friggin awesome show IMO.

drum roll pleez!

i mean who can't wait to see what farmer pulls off this year considering the points you just made hoorta.

a large popcorn, some ice cold buds and watching the draft live on tv and hopefully talking shite with people here in this forum's tavern is going to be a friggin awesome show IMO.

drum roll pleez!

Exactly why I am excited to watch the combine today and what happens in free agency early March. Do beer go with popcorn?

On second thought, fuck the popcorn.

How is this even debatable? Pettine should basically be untouchable for the way the team was playing and the D stepped up, against Cinci and the colts in particular. Farmer is personally liable for any punishment coming our way (draft picks) as well as missing on his two first rounders last year.

That's not to say I'd get rid of Farmer, I think he's done a great job of bringing talent in so far and working under the difficult circumstances of last offseason. He should be around for years to come, with Pettine as well.

you are out of your mind.

Losing the pick??, hurts 53 players and Pettine, that should piss off any Browns fan. Farmers best DRAFT pick in 2 Year's Bittino.That's it that's the list. I have NO problem with Farmer on his work on finding mystery No Name FREE AGENTS and named FA's. The SCOUTS that Farmer has in place for DRAFTING totally suck period. Farmer may want to offer Tour and other's on this Board, a scout job before Pettine and Farmer both lose a job. No Thanks, My Mind is Fine. :P PS Farmer scares the shit out of me on trying to resign any of our talent. Example-- T J Ward walks and we sit on 30mill. above the cap ???

Losing the pick??, hurts 53 players and Pettine, that should piss off any Browns fan. Farmers best DRAFT pick in 2 Year's Bittino.That's it that's the list. I have no problem with Farmer on his work on finding mystery No Name FREE AGENTS and named FA's. The SCOUTS that Farmer has in place for DRAFTING total suck period. Farmer may want to offer Tour a scout job before Pettine and Farmer both lose a job. No Thanks, My Mind Fine :P

The scouts we relied on last year were leftovers from the previous regime. They were pretty much all canned the day after the draft last year and replaced by Farmer's guys.

Also - "Farmers best DRAFT pick in 2 Year's Bittino.That's it that's the list. "

1) It's really difficult to read what you type, grammar is your friend

2) Two years?

3) Bitonio is undoubtedly his best pick, agreed

4) His only good pick? For third rounders, West and Kirksey have done pretty well and become key members of their respective rotations. Desir was always a project and actually looked pretty solid in his only outings, holding the previously explosive kelvin benjamin to about 45 yards and no TDs.

Players brought in by Farmer last year via FA, draft or UDFA that have become starters or part-time starters:

1) Bitonio

2) West

3) Kirksey

4) Crowell

5) Gabriel

6) Austin

7) Hawkins

8) Whitner

9) Dansby

10) Williams

11) Dray

Most people here are happy with the play of most people on that list, under the assumption that the rookies take a step forward this year. That's not including other guys who have come in and contributed in some way like Shaw and Desir. So 11 either starters or rotational/split-time starters - I'll take that again this year in a heartbeat. Who cares where they were drafted, if at all?

The scouts we relied on last year were leftovers from the previous regime. They were pretty much all canned the day after the draft last year and replaced by Farmer's guys.

Also - "Farmers best DRAFT pick in 2 Year's Bittino.That's it that's the list. "

1) It's really difficult to read what you type, grammar is your friend

2) Two years?

3) Bitonio is undoubtedly his best pick, agreed

4) His only good pick? For third rounders, West and Kirksey have done pretty well and become key members of their respective rotations. Desir was always a project and actually looked pretty solid in his only outings, holding the previously explosive kelvin benjamin to about 45 yards and no TDs.

Players brought in by Farmer last year via FA, draft or UDFA that have become starters or part-time starters:

1) Bitonio

2) West

3) Kirksey

4) Crowell

5) Gabriel

6) Austin

7) Hawkins

8) Whitner

9) Dansby

10) Williams

11) Dray

Most people here are happy with the play of most people on that list, under the assumption that the rookies take a step forward this year. That's not including other guys who have come in and contributed in some way like Shaw and Desir. So 11 either starters or rotational/split-time starters - I'll take that again this year in a heartbeat. Who cares where they were drafted, if at all?

OK new Scout's. It's show me what you got time in this Draft

... He may just bring a winning team to Cleveland in spite of of all the whining, complaining and self destruction that goes on up there in Cleveland. OldBrownsFan

... from the media...

How is this even debatable? Pettine should basically be untouchable for the way the team was playing and the D stepped up, against Cinci and the colts in particular. Farmer is personally liable for any punishment coming our way (draft picks) as well as missing on his two first rounders last year.

That's not to say I'd get rid of Farmer, I think he's done a great job of bringing talent in so far and working under the difficult circumstances of last offseason. He should be around for years to come, with Pettine as well.

Totally agree... point of the thread was that all the postseason noise/ discussion was around how long Pet's leash would be. Now... the worm has turned.

Seeing as I liked our 2014 draft in aggregate, I'm not sure turning over the scouting department is a comforting occurrence.

Totally agree... point of the thread was that all the postseason noise/ discussion was around how long Pet's leash would be. Now... the worm has turned.

Seeing as I liked our 2014 draft in aggregate, I'm not sure turning over the scouting department is a comforting occurrence.

I think that is the key. The bigger picture of the entire draft. Hindsight is always 20/20 but at the time of last year's draft the expert people in the NFL were all grading Farmer very high.

Archived