THE BROWNS BOARD

Sam Bradford available

Browns149

Does anyone want him? He is too injury prone for me, plus his salary is high for him.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/2/19/8070833/sam-bradford-trade-rams-nfl-draft

one of those QBs that needs to be behind one of the best OLs in the league.

are we that team right now?

who knows how mack will play like after injury and (although some may disagree) the right side of the OL IMO is still weak.

one more hit would be bradford's career in an unrecoverable way.

This is the one realistic veteran option that I would be stoked for if they could pull it off...... All of the other realistic options make me wanna puke.

I'd say yes to Bradford on a 1 year contract with club options going forward. If he gets hurt again, no harm done on a 1 year deal since we're gonna suck if he's out anyways. If he can stay healthy ( a big IF i realize) he's the best QB we've had since Bernie.

I'd say yes to Bradford on a 1 year contract with club options going forward. If he gets hurt again, no harm done on a 1 year deal since we're gonna suck if he's out anyways. If he can stay healthy ( a big IF i realize) he's the best QB we've had since Bernie.

We'd probably have to give him more then that, but I agree, I'd take him.

We have a good sum available this year. I'd sign him to a nice bonus to be paid in full this year, so it would have to be a roster bonus so it wasn't accrued over the length of the contract, then the rest would be steep with incentives based on playing time and play results.

I wonder if a roster bonus of say 10 mil ( or whatever) tied to a contract with a 1 year no cut clause would fly with the league?

To me, paying the kid up front to hit this year would be my goal. Then we aren't sitting on dead money for 3-5 years..Dead money is what you want to avoid. The idea of a incentive based contract is great, but agents don't buy in to that, nor do players, and there is going to be competition for his services. He isn't going to have to sign in to one of those deals. He is going to have multiple teams seeking his services.

The last of the $50 mil rookies is going to get to cash another multi-million dollar bonus check in a month or two.

Must me nice. Most of us when given a windfall look to buy a new TV or maybe a car. This kid talks about 3 weeks in Hawaii and a vacation home in the mountains of Idaho.

We'd probably have to give him more then that, but I agree, I'd take him.

We have a good sum available this year. I'd sign him to a nice bonus to be paid in full this year, so it would have to be a roster bonus so it wasn't accrued over the length of the contract, then the rest would be steep with incentives based on playing time and play results.

I wonder if a roster bonus of say 10 mil ( or whatever) tied to a contract with a 1 year no cut clause would fly with the league?

To me, paying the kid up front to hit this year would be my goal. Then we aren't sitting on dead money for 3-5 years..Dead money is what you want to avoid. The idea of a incentive based contract is great, but agents don't buy in to that, nor do players, and there is going to be competition for his services. He isn't going to have to sign in to one of those deals. He is going to have multiple teams seeking his services.

I completely agree. I just don't want to be stuck paying him for 3 years when he gets blindsided and his brains are scrambled eggs.

But IF he stays healthy... we are set at QB.

Just a reminder to all you Kosar for coach fans. This is the same team that Bernie ripped saying after Bradford, Austin Davis and the rest of the backup's Sucked. Fisher must still be pissed or Bradford is not worth the risk due to injury nor the money. Double knee surgery is not like Brees Shoulder out of S.D. nor Peyton neck nerve in Indy. It's both Knee's where you can only touch a QB anymore. How's RG3 running a sliding with those knee braces. It's still early. Foles, Cutler, Glennon, Hundley, Mannion or Greyson and Hoyer wants paid like a starter .Getting Interesting.

Just a reminder to all you Kosar for coach fans. This is the same team that Bernie ripped saying after Bradford, Austin Davis and the rest of the backup's Sucked. Fisher must still be pissed or Bradford is not worth the risk due to injury nor the money. Double knee surgery is not like Brees Shoulder out of S.D. nor Peyton neck nerve in Indy. It's both Knee's where you can only touch a QB anymore. How's RG3 running a sliding with those knee braces. It's still early. Foles, Cutler, Glennon, Hundley, Mannion or Greyson and Hoyer wants paid like a starter .Getting Interesting.

Bernie wasn't wrong in his assessment either. Austin and their WR's were a nightmare to watch for anyone.

Actually, Kosar made the point about Kellen Clemens, not Austin Davis. And yes, he was right about Clemens.

Apologies. I forgot that Davis was a rookie just this past year, correct?

He was right about Clemens and their receivers. If people like it sugar coated, they shouldn't be in football.

I have a bum knee and will go ahead and take those millions if the Browns are just going to hand it out. It won't cost them a pick or anything.

you need 2 bad knees for this story

Couldn't hurt giving him a shot. I mean he is talented, just cannot stay healthy. Might be a safer option, and cost less than trying to move up and take Winston or Mariotta. Bradford would be the best available QB on the FA market this year if he was on it. If we can get him for a 2 or 3, I would be ok with it.

Archived