THE BROWNS BOARD

mock draft thread

Westside Steve

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to know who the other Joe Thomas is in this draft.

Peat is damn good, but JT, he is not.

JT has (Has a Brother from another Mother, From Wisconsin) Rob Havenstien RT rated 141. Hope JT's mom and dad are not logged in...

Cal you might draft one in the first round, offensive tackle, if it meant another Joe Thomas on the other side.

WSS

If it were me, I could draft a big, smart, small school guy with great, quick feet, and coach him

up for the NFL... like maybe Cole Manhart, The top rated? OT small school guy. About

the fifth round. Clemmings is really great, though - he could step right in there..

I would love to know who the other Joe Thomas is in this draft.

Peat is damn good, but JT, he is not.

No, but he's as close as I see in this draft. And the kid is still lean... could add another 20-30 lbs.

my latest attempt at the fanspeak auto draft:

Screen_shot_2015_02_13_at_9_11_48_PM.png

doubt if it could happen or farmer would do this but it'd definitely send a message to the opponents that you won't run on us anymore.

As a defensive guy, I just... I'd cry. It's poetry. Nevermind run, we'd have a hell if a pass rush as well.

12: R1P12
WR AMARI COOPER
ALABAMA
19: R1P19
OLB VIC BEASLEY
CLEMSON
43: R2P11
OT T.J. CLEMMINGS
PITTSBURGH
77: R3P13
TE DEVIN FUNCHESS
MICHIGAN
108: R4P12
QB GARRETT GRAYSON
COLORADO STATE
112: R4P16
DE ANTHONY CHICKILLO
MIAMI
139: R5P11
ILB TAIWAN JONES
MICHIGAN STATE
173: R6P13
DT MARCUS HARDISON
ARIZONA STATE
186: R6P26
WR ANTWAN GOODLEY
BAYLOR
204: R7P12
DT CHUCKY HUNTER
TCU
My first attempt this year

Cooper will be gone before 12

Funchess will be gone before Rd 3

i know funchess needs to work on his hands, but his size and strength would be an asset to any team IMO. i had him in another fanspeak auto draft but there are plenty more big TE/WR hybrid guys coming out every year now it seems.

hell mike evans could have been called a tight end except for where he lined up.

As a defensive guy, I just... I'd cry. It's poetry. Nevermind run, we'd have a hell if a pass rush as well.

it would be unbelievable, and talked about for years to come. it makes sense considering our 2 DL vets in rubin and taylor are questionable to return. one will prob be gone and the other can't stay healthy.

Second rounder.

1) We'll need to see his combine

2) We'll have to see if there is a run on WRs

3) I hope he goes to a team with a creative/good offense that could utilize him best (Patriots, Broncos, etc). Basically what I was hoping for Denard and he ended up with the fucking Jags. That's not to say I wouldn't like him here, but I am not sure our staff could utilize him well enough. So, the Pats might take him at 32 right at the very end.

i know funchess needs to work on his hands, but his size and strength would be an asset to any team IMO. i had him in another fanspeak auto draft but there are plenty more big TE/WR hybrid guys coming out every year now it seems.

hell mike evans could have been called a tight end except for where he lined up.

I see it as a negative because with his size he doesn't create seperation with his routes and his hands are questionable. I would probably curse just as loud as the day we took Braylon.

I see it as a negative because with his size he doesn't create seperation with his routes and his hands are questionable. I would probably curse just as loud as the day we took Braylon.

Braylon was a monster in college. If you cursed loudly when we took Braylon I imagine it was due to being an OSU fan, not any deep insight you had on his ability. But, I'm sure you totally knew best back then...

I didn't realize stats are the one thing that determines a players draft grade.

and I dont think I said they did....

Just a big part of the equation and analysis.....

you asked for 2 reasons.....I gave you 3.....

Here's more reasons(less stats)....better speed, better hands, more YAC, unique ability to score TD's.....

and I dont think I said they did....

Just a big part of the equation and analysis.....

you asked for 2 reasons.....I gave you 3.....

Here's more reasons(less stats)....better speed, better hands, more YAC, unique ability to score TD's.....

"unique ability to score TDs" Could you expand on that? I am interested in what is "unique" there.

It will probably come down to which team wants a WR when, and what type or WR they want. Smitch and Funchess are two very, very different WRs. Teams that are interested in one may not be interested in another.

well.....id consider 12 TD's out of 33 catches an extremely high number....making it unique(which means kinda rare)..........

And 28 yds per catch is off the charts.....

So, yes, his #'s are very unique(not common)

And, while I get that teams have different needs, I think the Browns need a big play maker....and to me, Smith fills that role better than Funchess....

Braylon was a monster in college. If you cursed loudly when we took Braylon I imagine it was due to being an OSU fan, not any deep insight you had on his ability. But, I'm sure you totally knew best back then...

Yeah...had NOTHING to do with the dropsies. Not a thing.... he was a fly trap receiver.

Archived