THE BROWNS BOARD

Report: Jordan Cameron rejects 6-7 million dollars from Browns.

WalterWhite

One good year out of four. I know he was a project when we took him, but still. And then, you'd think he'd show a little gratitude to the organisation that took a chance and developed him. But this is the NFL, so probably not.

I would offer it to Julius Thomas.

Yup... and maybe more.

In addition to the fact that the $6-7 mil may have been the opening offer, there's no telling why Cam turned the offer down. How many years? What percentage is guaranteed? How much base? How much incentive?

$6 mil+ is top ten TE money. Hard for me to see Cam being worth that, let alone more... at least not base.

$6 mil+ is top ten TE money. Hard for me to see Cam being worth that, let alone more... at least not base.

Id agree there....for me, he's a little too expensive for his production to this point.....add the injury factor and he seems like a very risky investment........I say let someone else overpay him.....

Probably not about the money here.

So much uncertainty and instability in this organization. Only way for him to reach his full potential might be to go somewhere else.

Is there another team where the concussion risk isn't as great? If so, I fail to see how his "potential" could be unleashed by being on another team.

He can be a top 10, possibly top 5 TE when healthy. The issue appears to be the latter. Let us hope Cam realizes that without it, it doesn't matter how good he thinks he is.

Yup... and maybe more.

In addition to the fact that the $6-7 mil may have been the opening offer, there's no telling why Cam turned the offer down. How many years? What percentage is guaranteed? How much base? How much incentive?

It's actually not hard to imagine the contract being heavy but with little guaranteed due to injury concerns.

If I were in charge, that's how I'd structure it.

Cameron has the possibility of being elite when he's not injured. However, those times seem to be few and far between. Instead of a large signing bonus, medium base and performance escalators, I could see a high base with a low signing bonus and small portion guaranteed.

For the organization, this makes the most sense. You pay Cameron top-tier money if he plays all season, he's got a franchise-friendly contract if you'd like to trade him, and you release him with little dead money if he ends up sucking.

For Cameron, it's still beneficial. He's not going to get a top-ten contract in FA. That's just not going to happen. I'm sure his agent is looking for a $10 million/year contract with 75% guaranteed or some garbage. But he won't find it. So, if you really want out of Cleveland, take the franchise tight end level contract they're willing to offer you, dog it for a couple games and see who comes calling by the trade deadline.

It's actually not hard to imagine the contract being heavy but with little guaranteed due to injury concerns.

If I were in charge, that's how I'd structure it.

Cameron has the possibility of being elite when he's not injured. However, those times seem to be few and far between. Instead of a large signing bonus, medium base and performance escalators, I could see a high base with a low signing bonus and small portion guaranteed.

For the organization, this makes the most sense. You pay Cameron top-tier money if he plays all season, he's got a franchise-friendly contract if you'd like to trade him, and you release him with little dead money if he ends up sucking.

For Cameron, it's still beneficial. He's not going to get a top-ten contract in FA. That's just not going to happen. I'm sure his agent is looking for a $10 million/year contract with 75% guaranteed or some garbage. But he won't find it. So, if you really want out of Cleveland, take the franchise tight end level contract they're willing to offer you, dog it for a couple games and see who comes calling by the trade deadline.

This is how all deals should be configured... :|

Cameron could have been excellent here. I agree with those who don't like the contract offer though and don't blame FO for letting him fly if he thinks he can do better elsewhere.

I DO worry about this team though. I worry about the positives we have disintegrating and the problems not getting fixed. I'm concerned about how the franchise is viewed by potential free agent additions and whether that's going to severely limit the team's potential to get better.

I think this is smart from FO and fuck Cameron if he doesn't want to be a part of things in Cleveland. But I would have much rather heard that he was excited to come back and Play Like a Brown next year.

I liked a healthy Cameron, but no sense paying that kind of money for a TE.

Whether the league wants to acknowledge it or not for tag purposes the TE position has evolved into two distinct positions. For the new wave giant TE who are actually just huge receivers they are worth every penny of that an more.

I would offer it to Julius Thomas.

Julius Thomas is going to sign for more unless he takes a discount to stay. Cameron has all the talent with concussion issues. I think he will get the money he wants but I don't believe he's a tight end you break the bank for either. Im sure it didn't help that the browns qb situation is in disarray.

Julius Thomas is going to sign for more unless he takes a discount to stay. Cameron has all the talent with concussion issues. I think he will get the money he wants but I don't believe he's a tight end you break the bank for either. Im sure it didn't help that the browns qb situation is in disarray.

Disarray would mean that there is a QB situation to begin with.

The Browns don't have a QB. Except Connor Shaw.

6-7 million is very generous IMO. If he doesn't want that fuck him, it's more than he's worth in the first place

Agreed, with all that's been going on with the Browns, Cameron's contract situation is barely on my radar at all. The only scenario that would truly piss me off would be the Browns giving him a ridiculous contract. I can't see that happening given his injury history though.

Archived