THE BROWNS BOARD

Philly looking to move up for Marriota

jcam222

Great thread value. Why would you have to call bullshit, you are swimming in it usually.

The whole idea that an NFL franchise would not only get rid of a franchise QB but give up draft choices to get a complete unknown is insane. If Kelly wasn't the coach this would be laughable.

Franchise quarterback? Yeah. You think so or is this just another example of that green grass on the other side? Like Kirk Cousins last year.

WSS

Foles wasn't great his rookie year but was in year 2. Last season he had regressed a bit and then got hurt. I can't see Philly moving away from him and giving up significant draft picks to get Marriota who has never played a down in the NFL. If you are going to get Tampa to part with the number 1 pick and you are Philly you are giving up at least 2 number 1s and a number 2.

Foles wasn't great his rookie year but was in year 2. Last season he had regressed a bit and then got hurt. I can't see Philly moving away from him and giving up significant draft picks to get Marriota who has never played a down in the NFL. If you are going to get Tampa to part with the number 1 pick and you are Philly you are giving up at least 2 number 1s and a number 2.

Well apparently something changed to drop him to the level of backup. Or below.

Still any failure on the part of the Philadelphia Eagles will bring cheer to me.

WSS

I find it somewhat amusing that the Browns fans are always in search of the next "savior" like Ian Malcolm of Jurassic Park always in search of "the next ex-Mrs. Malcolm".

It would be nice to allow the new OC to find out for himself what he has on hand before the fans trade again. LOL! :lol:

i really don't think the new oc is going to want johnny shitzeil as a starting qb...the guys out getting hammered every night and doesn't even know a single play in the playbook...and if i am hoyer, i want out of cleveland asap....so what are we left with...oops with that said, why the hell would foles even want to come here...nobody does..that's why we had shit qb's since 99...

why the hell would foles even want to come here...nobody does..that's why we had shit qb's since 99...

if he gets traded then he has no choice. if we were to get him in FA in '16 then it'd be about the money.

it's always about the money.

so what are we left with...oops with that said, why the hell would foles even want to come here...nobody does..that's why we had shit qb's since 99...

we are left with whoever we draft or trade for......whether someone "wants" to come here or not is totally irrelevant, considering players cant choose who trades for them or picks em in the draft....

And "good" free agent QB's dont really exist, so it's not like we've actually tried to sign one and he turned us down....

So, if the Eagles elect to trade him to Cleveland, then Foles will play here whether he wants to or not.....period

we are left with whoever we draft or trade for......whether someone "wants" to come here or not is totally irrelevant, considering players cant choose who trades for them or picks em in the draft....

And "good" free agent QB's dont really exist, so it's not like we've actually tried to sign one and he turned us down....

So, if the Eagles elect to trade him to Cleveland, then Foles will play here whether he wants to or not.....period

And if Philly gets rid of a guy two years removed from being a pro bowl QB what does that say about their feelings on his ability.

The Redskins wouldn't trade Kirk Cousins and he had 3 good games as an NFL QB

I guess for the sake of this discussion, Im assuming they are enamored with Marriotta and need picks to move up......and they gave a 3rd to get foles, so if they can get better then that, it may work for them.....I dunno.....personally, Id take Foles, but no way for my first rounders......Id give more like a 2nd or 3rd....or maybe a player....or how about our running QB for their pocket QB......ha!

I guess for the sake of this discussion, Im assuming they are enamored with Marriotta and need picks to move up......and they gave a 3rd to get foles, so if they can get better then that, it may work for them.....I dunno.....personally, Id take Foles, but no way for my first rounders......Id give more like a 2nd or 3rd....or maybe a player....or how about our running QB for their pocket QB......ha!

And they have Tampa, Tennessee, Jets, St. Louis and possibly Washington and Bears who may all be looking at a QB. I'd take Foles because he is better than anything we currently have on the roster but knowing the moves that have to take place for Philly to pull this off and what we would have to give up to even help this along, it seems like draft rumor only.

If, as reports are indicating, Chip has interest in his former QB, Mariotta, then Foles has little future value for the Eagles, but decent value to aid pursuit of a Mariotta pick. I do not think that pick will have to be the #1 overall.

The Browns have the picks to help make get Chip Mariotta.

Maybe 2+2 won't equal 4 here, but maybe it could.

you are correct, it amazes that guys come in here to talk football and really don't watch football

Nice self-serving, bullshit comment there. I think I can better it though.

Amazes me, the guys that come in here who watch football, but never think about what they are watching.

But that deal does not get Chip closer to Mariotta, Mud.

I know blockbuster trades are few and far between these days, but that's what this would take. That's why other Philly players would have to come our way as well.

To boot it would have to be a 3-way trade adding the team with the Mariotta grade #1 to mix. Right now odds are that pick is TN's #2 overall... and they "need" a QB.

Nice self-serving, bullshit comment there. I think I can better it though.

Amazes me, the guys that come in here who watch football, but never think about what they are watching.

But that deal does not get Chip closer to Mariotta, Mud.

I know blockbuster trades are few and far between these days, but that's what this would take. That's why other Philly players would have to come our way as well.

To boot it would have to be a 3-way trade adding the team with the Mariotta grade #1 to mix. Right now odds are that pick is TN's #2 overall... and they "need" a QB.

Guys got 10,000 posts and the post in a Philly thread that Foles was benched, hmmmm

I'd be surprised if Tennessee doesn't take him at #2

Archived