THE BROWNS BOARD

Philly looking to move up for Marriota

jcam222

Multiple sources are reporting there is great interest within Philly to move up. I happen to like Nick Foles and think that Chip Kellys offense was just not a good fit for him. In the year prior he was an excellent down field passer with 2900 yds, 27 TDs vs 2 INT. In my opinion he is more than just a bridge gap for us and the new OC Flip.

Would you give our first rounder number 19 and our 2nd round pick for Philly's 1st and 2nd from 2016 AND Foles? Flame away

I'd make a trade, but not exacly the one you propose.

Maybe our 1st for Foles and another player/s, or Foles and a 2nd rounder or something along those lines...

I would consider Foles and their 2nd for our number 19. The thing is they are going to want to maximize their ammo to trade up this year. In my scenario we give up one of our first and our second, get Foles AND get those picks back next year. They would be lucky if then can pack the two 1's and two 2's to move up where they need to be. If he slips to Jacksonville I think they might consider it. They need a few picks I think.

I would consider Foles and their 2nd for our number 19. The thing is they are going to want to maximize their ammo to trade up this year. In my scenario we give up one of our first and our second, get Foles AND get those picks back next year. They would be lucky if then can pack the two 1's and two 2's to move up where they need to be. If he slips to Jacksonville I think they might consider it. They need a few picks I think.

Not happening- Philly does not have the ammo, even if they unload Foles. The picks they would be able to offer to a top 5 team plain aren't high enough.

Multiple sources are reporting there is great interest within Philly to move up. I happen to like Nick Foles and think that Chip Kellys offense was just not a good fit for him. In the year prior he was an excellent down field passer with 2900 yds, 27 TDs vs 2 INT. In my opinion he is more than just a bridge gap for us and the new OC Flip.

Would you give our first rounder number 19 and our 2nd round pick for Philly's 1st and 2nd from 2016 AND Foles? Flame away

For Philly to realistically move up to get Mariota, they would need at least our #12, their #20, a first next year- and maybe more than that.

In the year prior, with the 29/2 ratio, he was in Kelly's system as well.

Philly wants to move up. The best way to get Foles is to tade our pick at 19 for Foles, straight up. That way Philly has more ability to do so.

Most of us 'smart' people have been discussing this for awhile now.

Not exactly the way I'd put it, but...

But to go for Mariotta Chip needs lots of ammo...

But to go for Mariotta Chip needs lots of ammo, like our two first rounders atop the Eagles first. Just so happens that per the latest draft pick charts #12+#19+#20 damn near = #1.

So let's go Eagle shopping...

Nick Foles -

Fletcher Cox (DT) - 24-yo, Former #1, has played DE and DT, 2nd team All-Pro

Lane Johnson (RT) - 24-yo, Former #4 overall; PED suspension, injured.

Connor Barwin (ILB) - 28-yo, oft injured vet, but force on the field.

No way I see all four, but Foles plus 2 and perhaps a later pick?

One interesting thing about Foles as I was looking at his stats: I know some people may be turned away with his mediocre 13 TD 10 INT ratio he had before he got hurt this year. However, according to the stats he went from about 25 attempts per game in 2013 to almost 39 this past season. I liked Foles out of the draft and I think he'd be a great trade pick-up. He's got everything you wanna see in a QB other than the scramble ability but Jesus what I wouldn't give up to have a pocket passer in Cleveland.

I find it somewhat amusing that the Browns fans are always in search of the next "savior" like Ian Malcolm of Jurassic Park always in search of "the next ex-Mrs. Malcolm".

It would be nice to allow the new OC to find out for himself what he has on hand before the fans trade again. LOL! :lol:

I find it somewhat amusing that the Browns fans are always in search of the next "savior" like Ian Malcolm of Jurassic Park always in search of "the next ex-Mrs. Malcolm".

It would be nice to allow the new OC to find out for himself what he has on hand before the fans trade again. LOL! :lol:

So "the Browns fans", I thought there for awhile you were among and one of us.

We have nothing game proven on hand is the point. We WILL bring in someone who has started NFL games and won a few. I think we are simply saying Foles would be a great get. Not only has he done well he is young. If he happened to work out he could be a long term answer or great trade bait if Manziel turns from shit to shine.

Not exactly the way I'd put it, but...

But to go for Mariotta Chip needs lots of ammo, like our two first rounders atop the Eagles first. Just so happens that per the latest draft pick charts #12+#19+#20 damn near = #1.

So let's go Eagle shopping...

Nick Foles -

Fletcher Cox (DT) - 24-yo, Former #1, has played DE and DT, 2nd team All-Pro

Lane Johnson (RT) - 24-yo, Former #4 overall; PED suspension, injured.

Connor Barwin (ILB) - 28-yo, oft injured vet, but force on the field.

No way I see all four, but Foles plus 2 and perhaps a later pick?

Not a chance in hell the Iggles give up Fletcher or Johnson. Those two, aside from a franchise QB are cornerstone's to that team.

Also, perhaps I'm not understanding the obsession with Foles? He looked great in Kelly's system year one. Not so much in year 2.

Sanchez looked like he might have his career and 1st round status revived the first few games under Chip, not so much after other teams had film on him.

Why should we look at Foles any different then we look at Sanchez?

Not a chance in hell the Iggles give up Fletcher or Johnson. Those two, aside from a franchise QB are cornerstone's to that team.

Also, perhaps I'm not understanding the obsession with Foles? He looked great in Kelly's system year one. Not so much in year 2.

Sanchez looked like he might have his career and 1st round status revived the first few games under Chip, not so much after other teams had film on him.

Well you can make an argument that the "sophomore slump" is a very real thing with QB's in the NFL. I know this past season was technically year 3, but last year was his first real time starting gig. Again, I think he's a good QB with all the things you want to see in a pocket passing QB. I just think he was a round peg in Kelly's offense because he's not mobile much at all.

Is the 19th pick in the draft worth a 2016 second round pick and a starting QB?

Farmer will bring in competition at the QB position. If that competition is a late round prospect or middle of the road FA then he was responsible for the JCF pick. If, however, he uses another high round pick it starts looking like he was saddled with the JCF pick.

"I don't know if our starting qb is in the building.".

Ag, you're being reasonable- some Johnny thumpers on the other board are gonna kill themselves.

Yes. But that also means that Philadelphia doesn't see him as a franchise quarterback. So is it worth another number one for us?

WSS

I am not necessiarly saying that is what we should do, but on a hypothetical note, you don't always need a "franchise" guy. A good solid QB works as well. I think Foles is that. I don't think spending a 1st rounder for a proven solid QB who still has some upside is a bad trade.

I think the Philly deal is they want a QB who can do more with his feet. A better system fit which could really open their offense.

I am not necessiarly saying that is what we should do, but on a hypothetical note, you don't always need a "franchise" guy. A good solid QB works as well. I think Foles is that. I don't think spending a 1st rounder for a proven solid QB who still has some upside is a bad trade.

I think the Philly deal is they want a QB who can do more with his feet. A better system fit which could really open their offense.

well if he can't get mariotta, we have a guy on the bench who is supposed to be mobile. trade that dud straight up for foles.

well if he can't get mariotta, we have a guy on the bench who is supposed to be mobile. trade that dud straight up for foles.

And we can get a bidding war going between him and Jerrah!

I am sure most are aware that JM had originally committed to Chip at Oregon before switching closer to home with the A&M offer.

plus the price would not be near as high as it will be for Mariota.

And we can get a bidding war going between him and Jerrah!

I am sure most are aware that JM had originally committed to Chip at Oregon before switching closer to home with the A&M offer.

I was under the impression that was because Oregon wouldn't play him at QB though?

I was under the impression that was because Oregon wouldn't play him at QB though?

No that was Mack brown at Texas that was only offering as a safety. Kelly wanted him as a QB.

PS-the fact that JM won the Heisman while Mack lacked a QB is one of the main reasons Texas fired Brown. Manziel was a life long Longhorn fan but would not go anywhere that would not play him as a QB. MB never lived that choice down. Biggest recruiting mistake of an otherwise illustrious recruiting career at Texas.

That's why we're here... to amuse you.

You always have to be looking for your next QB... especially since we don't have one right now.

Like jrb, I liked Foles coming out of AZ. He was my sleeper QB in the class of 2012. He's done nothing but reinforce my opinion that he has nice, NFL-grade, role QB potential. Again, as jrb pointed out, as a role guy in his Chip debut he prospered. As "the guy" in year two, he stumbled. I'm happy with going after him as a piece; I do not see "the guy" in him or anyone else we might have a shot at.

As for the trade, you never know unless you ask... I agree that Cox is probably untouchable, but he and Barwin would certainly address needs whereas Johnson would "merely" be an upgrade.

Who knows who else we have on roster that Chip likes?

Archived