THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL Fox reporting Browns are hiring John DeFilippo as new OC

JAFBF

Fair assessment.

In regards to the many Draft comments, don't forget all the UDFA's Farmer brought in :

Connor Shaw

Isaiah Crowell

Ray Agnew

Taylor Gabriel

K’Waun Williams

Robert Nelson

Likely missing a few, but some good pick-ups there.

FA's are another story, and I've pretty much lost track of them.

Yeah and being the deranged fan I am I watch all the press conferences on clevelandbrowns.com and it seems like Farmer is a pretty introspective guy who knows when he makes mistakes. I actually have faith in Farmer to improve from year to year.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's reasonable logic, but I won't apologize for lacking blind faith.

Stop being content with it Steve, this is Bullshit. We want a fuckin franchise that competes, stop settling YOU FUCK

Thanks, CB, but to press my luck/ seize a moment, I have to say that my faith is anything, but blind. Not am I anywhere near "content".

To me the progress is tangible.

To me your "rage", be it real or manufactured, is unproductive.

West 3.9 YPC... Yea amazing.

Not amazing, but not bad given that West was behind Tate early and the O-line was but a shadow of early-self late.

Sorry, but the West glass is definitely in my half-full column...

Mel Kiper regraded the Browns draft today. B-.

Actually he upped us to "B" based upon the strength of the late picks and UDFAs, and the "TBD" status of our #1's.

"B-" was our original Kiper grade.

I saw a complete culture change last year.

I may be somewhere between you and h... although I think that's a very small difference. I certainly saw the beginnings of a follow through to a culture change.

As you went on to say, there was more than just lip service... but we've a ways to go towards permanently establishing a new culture. Organizational cultures have a tendency to "snap back", to revert to there previous state, if the push for change is not constant for a long time.

Good, article, mik... relevant to the culture change effort. Had Pet been completely candid I think he might well have said, "The Browns are no longer dysfunctional." But it's not his style to throw even the departed under the bus that carried them away.

Stop being content with it....this is Bullshit........We want a fuckin franchise that competes, stop settling YOU FUCK

I dont think anyone is content or settling.....and we ALL want a franchise that competes......but we also realize that screaming, stomping our feet and generally acting like a toddler on an internet forum is not really the way to express our fandom or hopes for improvement.......

#1) Some of us can recognize and accept there is improvement, while still wanting more....others cant. For them(you?) we either win it all or suck....no middle ground

#2) Most adults understand that crying and bitching and whining is counter productive and accomplishes nothing....more of an approach for toddlers and infants.....and snot nosed teens, I guess....

#3) And, this year, we did compete(and improve)....and next year Id expect more of the same....a competitive team that is even MORE improved.....

And when I try to express my feeling about the team and speak intelligent football....I always finish with something extra witty like YOU FUCK

Then...people will REALLY take me seriously.....

I dont think anyone is content or settling.....and we ALL want a franchise that competes......but we also realize that screaming, stomping our feet and generally acting like a toddler on an internet forum is not really the way to express our fandom or hopes for improvement.......

#1) Some of us can recognize and accept there is improvement, while still wanting more....others cant. For them(you?) we either win it all or suck....no middle ground

#2) Most adults understand that crying and bitching and whining is counter productive and accomplishes nothing....more of an approach for toddlers and infants.....and snot nosed teens, I guess....

#3) And, this year, we did compete(and improve)....and next year Id expect more of the same....a competitive team that is even MORE improved.....

And when I try to express my feeling about the team and speak intelligent football....I always finish with something extra witty like YOU FUCK

Then...people will REALLY take me seriously.....

Mud, your response is, IMHO, perfectly stated.

Thanks.

Mike

When acquiring a new coach I know there are a lot of things to look at but one thing I have always looked at is a person's track record. In football you see coaches who just seem to win wherever they go. If they have that history to me that is a good indicator they will win at the next place they go. Not scientific but I have seen it many times.

With DeFilippo he does not have a track record as OC as this is his first hire. I like the idea Pettine appears to have gotten the guy he wanted though. I like the idea of getting a younger coach as well.

Archived