THE BROWNS BOARD

Uniform update

WalterWhite

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have to do something. I like tradition as much as the next guy but their current jerseys remind me of nothing but failure and heartache. If they want to make a culture difference, change the look. Some people think it's pointless, but it's really not. Change of look can change attitudes. If we don't want to be the "same old Browns" then let's not look like the "same old Browns."

These are what they're talking about :

B7HwxAZIAAEE3T7.jpg

There is talk that these are the Fan created ones from several months ago, so take it for what it's worth.

Probably couldn't come up with a worse looking Uni if I tried.

Puke. Its not even the right orange color.

As long as the elf isn't on the uni.

Our team is already thought of as losers, putting an elf on the uni won't help

These are what they're talking about :

B7HwxAZIAAEE3T7.jpg

There is talk that these are the FAG created ones from several months ago, so take it for what it's worth.

Probably couldn't come up with a worse looking Uni if I tried.

there, fixed it for ya.

I lol'ed...was exactly what I was thinking without actually thinking those exact words. Well done.

I'd say both for and against. I don't really care what the uniforms look like. If we change them, good. If not, I am fine with that.

They have to do something. I like tradition as much as the next guy but their current jerseys remind me of nothing but failure and heartache. If they want to make a culture difference, change the look. Some people think it's pointless, but it's really not. Change of look can change attitudes. If we don't want to be the "same old Browns" then let's not look like the "same old Browns."

Well, change is coming regardless- just hope it isn't too hideous. That all orange is shades of Clemson. Funny some of the old school teams like the Packers haven't seen the need to change their "dated" uniforms. Tampa did an extreme makeover- that worked for a few years. So they did another one-which was pretty bad- and it helped them to a 2-14 record.

The brown pants are gay. Ditch em.

Not only that, they've usually lost when wearing them.

Well, change is coming regardless- just hope it isn't too hideous. That all orange is shades of Clemson. Funny some of the old school teams like the Packers haven't seen the need to change their "dated" uniforms. Tampa did an extreme makeover- that worked for a few years. So they did another one-which was pretty bad- and it helped them to a 2-14 record.

Not only that, they've usually lost when wearing them.

Packers uniforms are synonymous with winning... that's the difference...

Browns uniforms represent 51 years of losing...

and the team with the flashiest uniforms are (drum roll pleeeez)...

2nd place in the national championship.

them unis really did help, huh?

Actually, I would love for the Browns to do what Ohio State has done with their jerseys.

Revamp an old look by accentuating tiny features, not redesigning from the ground up.

I love the Bucks' helmets with the wide stripes. Do that for us.

Our helmet logo is the stripe. Accentuate it and it changes our look. Our only jersey feature is our stripe. Accentuate it.

Exactly like this.

http://www.nikeblog.com/2012/11/20/new-ohio-state-football-uniform-for-michigan-game-detailed-look/

Older style thick block numbers. Large, full sleeve stripe. That's all you need.

Save the elf for merchandising and maybe an occasional field paint

Archived