THE BROWNS BOARD

100th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide

Pumpkin Eater

Why does the US government not recognize it? The Turks (Ottoman Empire) killed a million Christian Armenians during World War I.

Because the only thing that matters in the US is the Holocaust and slavery....everyone knows about the 6 million Jews, but few know about atrocities such as the Ukrainian genocide. Stalin murdered 11 million Ukrainians by starvation.

In fact, I'm a Holocaust denier of a sort...not that I deny that it ever happened, but to the extent of which it happened as we have been brainwashed to believe.

Because the only thing that matters in the US is the Holocaust and slavery....everyone knows about the 6 million Jews, but few know about atrocities such as the Ukrainian genocide. Stalin murdered 11 million Ukrainians by starvation.

In fact, I'm a Holocaust denier of a sort...not that I deny that it ever happened, but to the extent of which it happened as we have been brainwashed to believe.

Yeah- the Holocaust was real- and it still matters. The extent it happened was several million people were exterminated just because of their religious beliefs, along with a fair number of right thinking Christians who disagreed with Hitler's policy- and tried to shelter them. .

Seems like ISIS wants to resurrect the Crusades though. So if they think it's OK to behead Christians- should we respond in kind and start crucifying Muslims to make a point? Only kidding.

BTW- to your first point- not exactly- to those of us who take an opposing view to what's been preached for years in revisionist United States history. I've long said "Bury my Heat at Wounded Knee" should be required reading for every American- to see how the West was lost- from the Native American viewpoint. If you can correctly answer how Crazy Horse died- (without looking it up) go to the head of the class. (I'll post the answer in a couple of days)

I will never forget as long as I live this quote from the Arapahoe Chief Red Cloud- who had an audience with the Great White Father US Grant. "When the White man came, he made to us many promises, more than I can remember- but he never kept but one- he promised to take our land- and he took it." Knew he was fighting a battle he couldn't win.

I think the bottom line is that US presidents view Turkey as a more important ally than Armenia. Turkey refuses to acknowledge the genocidal intent for some reason, which I don't understand. There's no one alive today that needs to feel responsible for the actions of those long ago. Being of Armenian ancestry I certainly don't hold any ill will towards today's Turkish Government (just towards Islam in general)

Yeah- the Holocaust was real- and it still matters. The extent it happened was several million people were exterminated just because of their religious beliefs, along with a fair number of right thinking Christians who disagreed with Hitler's policy- and tried to shelter them. .

Seems like ISIS wants to resurrect the Crusades though. So if they think it's OK to behead Christians- should we respond in kind and start crucifying Muslims to make a point? Only kidding.

we've been bombing muslims since the 90's....it's kind of the same thing. To be fair we've killed infinitely more muslims in the middle east than people Isis will ever kill. Yeah they get their hands dirtier. But when you're trying to pull Islam out of the middle ages it doesn't help when your bombs are seemingly constantly dropping on weddings. It's like every other month the air force say's oooops did we do that? Yes you did that...and every surving male member is now doing rush week for Isis, thanks.

we've been bombing muslims since the 90's....it's kind of the same thing. To be fair we've killed infinitely more muslims in the middle east than people Isis will ever kill. Yeah they get their hands dirtier. But when you're trying to pull Islam out of the middle ages it doesn't help when your bombs are seemingly constantly dropping on weddings. It's like every other month the air force say's oooops did we do that? Yes you did that...and every surving male member is now doing rush week for Isis, thanks.

Right, just play the "blame America first" card. The typical liberal mo.. throw out lies, accusations, and exaggerations, then put the burden on the ones you're accusing to prove their innocence.

I'm not wasting my time doing research to prove you wrong....you do the research to back up the nonsense you spew.

If it's the USA those filthy animals hate, then why were they planning to bomb the Vatican?

They just hate everybody at this point. They're lashing out against the west in general. Some of the things they have a right to be upset about...but a lot of it is also their fault. They haven't been accepted into the world's fold in large part due to their lingering fundamentalism. But like I said, when you antagonize a people they do tend to slip towards fundamentalism. You can't do corrupt immoral things in other countries and expect the people to just say ah fuggetaboutit we friends now. But i'm not giving extreme Islam a pass, either muslims get control of it or there will be a catastrophic war. As the fundamentalists lose influence they will get more desperate, which in the end means more bombs will drop on them. It's a viscious loop.

Archived