THE BROWNS BOARD

John Hopkins bans Chik Fil A due to it's beliefs

WalterWhite

Palin herself made rounds on all the shows calling for the same. So they do it. No debate. Every year for the last couple. From the morning shows all the way through the day to the evening. The only shows that don't do it are the financial shows.

Sarah Palin is not an employee or a representative of Fox News. Bill O'Reilly does an opinion show and may have asked people the boycott something but Fox News never has and to the best of my knowledge has never kept any business from doing business with them because of ideology. so you're just fucked up, sorry.

Personally I would urge people not to eat at Jimmy Johns.

WSS

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sarah Palin is not an employee or a representative of Fox News. Bill O'Reilly does an opinion show and may have asked people the boycott something but Fox News never has and to the best of my knowledge has never kept any business from doing business with them because of ideology. so you're just fucked up, sorry.

WSS

I like their turkey sub. Tuna ain't bad either.

I like their turkey sub. Tuna ain't bad either.

I have been there 2 times. Both times it was OK. Nothing special

Never had Firehouse. Have to try that sometime.

I went to the Firehouse on 82 across from Southpark mall. It was better then Jimmy Johns and Subway, but not as good DiBella's

WSS

1) Sarah Palin absolutely was an employee of FOX news at one point, have you forgotten that?

2) FOX news doesn't call for boycotts of their own advertisers...are you kidding where'd you come up with that? No they call for boycotts of "any" company that uses the term holiday instead of Christmas. And yes it's every year. Of course no one takes them seriously they're clowns, but the point is that getting pantyhose in your twat because some college students banned chik fil A...but say nothing every Christmas, is weak.

1) Chik fil a is fantastic, political ideologies aside

2) Jimmy Johns is great too. Open late, delivers. Two of the larger subs fills me up

3) 5-6 McDonald's value menu sandwiches may sound unhealthy, but its a great deal.

4) Firehouse makes some very nice subs too. DiBellas isn't bad.

5) I might be biased for certain reasons, but Penn Station is my shit

Ugh. Can't believe I'm reading these posts.

Meat paste product rinsed in bleach water compressed into "deli" shaped tubes.

Pass

Sounds like Rally's

Organic schmorganic. If you buy a real chicken or turkey breast, it won't have to say "100% white meat" on the package (or the supersize meal menu board). Every grocery store that sells meat will happily grind beef for you, or cut any piece of meat you want at No extra charge . Even better when it's a stand alone butcher. Better yet, catch a fish, shoot a deer or hog or turkey or dove.

Your loaf of bread shouldn't last 2 weeks. There are local farmers markets that will have great vegetables & fruits in season for the same price as most groceries. Fuck, cal has been trying to give away tomatoes since I joined this forum.

Just use some common sense.

I live in central London - and I can still find farmers' markets that are half the price of supermarkets for most things, and much better.

And bread absolutely shouldn't last 2 weeks! That's all the shitty preservatives that go in to it. I was visiting a friend and the only bread they had was sliced white bread, and you could smell the chemicals when it was being toasted.

Fuck, cal has been trying to give away tomatoes since I joined this forum.
Just use some common sense. Legacy

Only to good friends. You wouldn't beleive now many quarts of tomatoes we've sold.

I"ve been learning to bake great bread at home with unbleached, uncrapped flour, etc.

But my bisquits aren't making it. A good friend is an expert, and I have new recipes

and instructions. She was taking for granted that I knew certain things. "haha".

And this spring, pretty soon, I'm building a chicken coop on a small sized trailer, to have

our own chickens and eggs, fed organic feed. I'm sick of reading about all the medicines

and growth hormones etc etc that the big producers use to lower costs and improve production.

Sick of it, I tell you. The stuff out of the garden tastes so great, I should record the comments on

a file on our computer. Also want to grow turkeys for the first time for Thanksgiving.

No cattle, sheep or goats, etc. That is way, way, way too much doggone trouble, and would interfere

with camping and fishing, and traveling.

Yeah the food standards in America always seem way lower than Europe. Maybe it's just the bias of "OMG look at what's legal in America and not in UK/France/Germany/Scandinavia" and you get the opposite impression?

Anyway - home baking, excellent. Nothing like the smell of it in the house. Breaking the loaf when still warm, just a small smear of butter, or some cheese/charcuterie and chutney, it's amazing. Home grown produce as well. Makes me miss when I grew up in the country - now living in a tiny apartment in the centre of London, you don't have the same opportunity, and I certainly don't have the same time!

Japan has much better foods available in stores. Everything tastes fresh and better. The eggs are actually golden yolks instead of the pale yellow many of the stores sell. But being a scientist, I thought you would like GMO and chemically enhanced meat products?

Japan has much better foods available in stores. Everything tastes fresh and better. The eggs are actually golden yolks instead of the pale yellow many of the stores sell. But being a scientist, I thought you would like GMO and chemically enhanced meat products?

Me? If it makes the food taste better, sure. If it's preservatives that degrade flavour, no. So, pesticides and things no problem.

Besides, most of our produce has been genetically engineered at some point - bananas spliced from other varieties that are resistant to some disease, tomatoes designed for fewer seeds. Even cattle that have been cross-bred for more meat, is a form of genetic manipulation.

ha.

Meanwhile, I just bought two packages of oscar meyer hotdogs with NO PRESERVATIVES.

I'll keep em in the freezer. And Now, I go get my vidalio onion relish I canned last year

Archived