THE BROWNS BOARD

Earth Day in Washington DC (Watters world) typical know nothing air head liberals

I give a fuck about solar powered anything. We need to worry about space travel, not solar fucking powered airplanes.

What is there an abundance of within our solar system that can be used to power said space shuttle?? Hmm?? I'll give you a hint: it's responsible for all life in the universe, starts with sun, and ends with light.

Still think solar power is a waste of time? Check out this short video..

I can debate solar roadways for days. Did a report on them in college. But that's beside the point.. solar power is impressive and is also decreasing in price.

Solar power is terrific, but has limitations. Like, even if it's cool outside, when the sun is out, the greenhouse

gets too hot if I left the doors and vents closed.

But, let it be just as cool, but cloudy, and little or no heating.

I want to install a solar powered fan for our enclosed fireplace....

Solar power is terrific, but has limitations. Like, even if it's cool outside, when the sun is out, the greenhouse

gets too hot if I left the doors and vents closed.

But, let it be just as cool, but cloudy, and little or no heating.

I want to install a solar powered fan for our enclosed fireplace....

The idea is to store excess energy when the sun is shining and use it when it's not. You can power a house just fine with solar power in the UK - and we have our fair share of cloudy days...

But you don't fly a house, Chris. Batteries are very heavy, dude. Therefore,

we gots limitations.

Right, there are plenty of limitations currently, in terms of efficiency of solar capture (20% at most), storage capacity etc. But to say with any degree of certainty that there'll never be a time when we don't have these limitations is foolish.

Besides, you were talking about a greenhouse and a fire.

Besides besides, planes tend to fly above clouds.

But you don't fly a house, Chris. Batteries are very heavy, dude. Therefore,

we gots limitations.

nobody is denying there's limitations. Obviously with material science at it's current level and engine advancement where it is....OF COURSE solar power to fly something that's 10's of thousands of lbs seems unlikely. Who knows though, solar power could be used in the future to provide hydrogen through electrolysis. We just don't know what people are going to come up with in 50 years. But what we DO know for a fact is that technology builds on itslf from decade to decade. It doesn't just come out of someone's ass.

Oh I'm sure some sort of solar powered flying craft is feasible. I think you may need to stretch the laws of physics in order to get 4 or 5 times of steel off the ground even on a sunny day but...

Might be a good time to invest a few billion tax dollars into spinning straw into gold.

WSS

Oh I'm sure some sort of solar powered flying craft is feasible. I think you may need to stretch the laws of physics in order to get 4 or 5 times of steel off the ground even on a sunny day but...

Might be a good time to invest a few billion tax dollars into spinning straw into gold.

WSS

Did you miss the bit where we talked about how there's a solar powered flying craft currently on a round the world trip?

Came across an interesting titbit while looking in to this. Apparently a 747 full of people uses about the same amount of fuel as taking all of the people and making them drive the distance in cars, two people to a car.

Not really. But it's certainly more than feasible.

I admitted feasibility, why bicker? I did say I think you'll need to stretch the laws of physics to get a few tons of steel off the ground. But feel free to try.

but hurry up global warming is going to kill us all in a decade or two... ;)

WSS

I admitted feasibility, why bicker? I did say I think you'll need to stretch the laws of physics to get a few tons of steel off the ground. But feel free to try.

but hurry up global warming is going to kill us all in a decade or two... ;)

WSS

That plane weighs a couple of tons, and is not using the most efficient solar capture available (12% vs 20%), so I don't think it's really bending the laws of physics.

Do you actually do any kind of research on this or do you just guess?

That plane weighs a couple of tons, and is not using the most efficient solar capture available (12% vs 20%), so I don't think it's really bending the laws of physics.

Do you actually do any kind of research on this or do you just guess?

I basically guess. Saw the news story that said it was a one seater so didn't seem very big or useful.

WSS

Besides besides, planes tend to fly above clouds Chris

Good luck on night flights. Got Moon Power.

Say, that's a limitation ! Go figure !

There are already super massive airplanes like the airbus a380 and the c5 out there. I used to sit on the flight line and watch the occasional c5 take off and could hardly believe it would clear the fences at the end of the runway.

frankly I have zero issue with applications such as you just described, staying on fossil fuels. It's our day to day stuff that is unforgiveable that it still relies so heavily on dinosaur shit.

Besides besides, planes tend to fly above clouds Chris

Good luck on night flights. Got Moon Power.

Say, that's a limitation ! Go figure !

Read the bit about batteries at all? Solar power doesn't mean things only work when it is sunny.

Again,do you research, or just guess?

Solar power doesn't mean things only work when it is sunny. Chris

Gee, is that why my solar powered flashlight works in the dark?

But, the point is, that the batteries of the 747,...., even if it were possible, would eventually run out.

Good luck on an overnight layover. The better bet is to use anti-gravity crystals. We should

start building airplanes to use those. Except of course, they don't exist, except for in my novel.

But, that would expedite the development of them ! And when the anti-gravity crystals are invented,

we'd already have the planes built !!! Let's TAX Americans to get the funds up ! Vote democrat for

anti-gravity crytals !

Egad. Trying to emote like a liberal just gave me a headache......

See? You just can't help it, can you, woodypeckerhead? You just can't stop.

The stupid part is Chris missing the point about the batteries running down, which I thought

was also kinda funny, and he thinks I said it because I think that as soon as the sun goes down,

the batteries all of a sudden quit working.

I mean, who is the moron?

You're worse, you are a fargin, ignorant, wannabe bigshot loudmouth Woodypeckerhead.

I thought you finally quit, and then you went Woodypeckerhead on other folks, and now,

you have to do your little one liner bs back at me, with absolutely no reason.

You liberals, and you in particular, woodypeckerhead, aren't able to sense humor, or reality. Bad, bad, bad.

Archived