THE BROWNS BOARD

The Ben Carson is a great American and should be president thread

calfoxwc

PS as I said the virgin birth the resurrection etc... But if you want to pretend that we just aren't sure about those things, I'll accept that.

WSS

These subjects get into the unable to 100% disprove, while modern science has shown that this types of things should not have happened, it is nearly impossible to prove beyond a doubt that it didn't.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are atheists always described as 'bitter' round here?

Just because many of the more vocal ones are so angry that someone else might find peace in a spiritual world that can't be proven by science. Look at the Tim Tebow thread on the Browns board. This kid has done nothing to upset anyone and yet half those respondingare positively furious at him.

For the record there are lots of people who are shitty and nasty to others for no reason. The bitter atheists are among them.

WSS

Just because many of the more vocal ones are so angry that someone else might find peace in a spiritual world that can't be proven by science. Look at the Tim Tebow thread on the Browns board. This kid has done nothing to upset anyone and yet half those respondingare positively furious at him.

For the record there are lots of people who are shitty and nasty to others for no reason. The bitter atheists are among them.

WSS

yeah I don't understand the Tebow "hate" either. Don't forget though that he was on that Fl team that beat OSU, so there's that. Otherwise though I just think he's not an NFL talent, that's not bitter or angry. WIsh the dude well otherwise. Tbh though with our current QB situation I wouldn't have been mad if they brought him in. I mean what can we lose at this point? Outright hating the guy seems odd though.

yeah I don't understand the Tebow "hate" either. Don't forget though that he was on that Fl team that beat OSU, so there's that. Otherwise though I just think he's not an NFL talent, that's not bitter or angry. WIsh the dude well otherwise. Tbh though with our current QB situation I wouldn't have been mad if they brought him in. I mean what can we lose at this point? Outright hating the guy seems odd though.

Johnny and Tebow on the same team?

ESPN would have to open a satellite station in Berea

The only thing I didn't like about him, is how people thought he was greater than he was. He is a mediocre NFL QB that had a great College career, and likely would have made a good NFL TE or slot receiver with his play making ability and talent(but didn't want to transition).

Umm I must have read a different forum post than you did. Does Obama also believe the world is only 6000 years old? Does he also not believe in Evolution?

Where does this consistent 6000 year old bullshit come from? I ha e literally not seen one viable political candidate and few actual religious people claim this.

Where does this consistent 6000 year old bullshit come from? I ha e literally not seen one viable political candidate and few actual religious people claim this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Earth_creationism

so somewhere between 5700 and 10,000 years old

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dr-ben-carson-creationist/comment-page-1/

Well, if he says its 6000 years old, and he is a brain surgeon, I believe him.

The 6000 year old number comes from some weird interpretation of Genesis, not 100% sure where that number comes from but I'm sure you can google it. Plenty of people regurgitate that number. I've seen Santorum say it, Bachmann I know has used it..she also believes the rapture is coming because Obama is dealing with Iran (just said that the other day in an interview), Palin I "think" has mentioned she also believes in a young earth.

The 6000 year old number comes from some weird interpretation of Genesis, not 100% sure where that number comes from but I'm sure you can google it. Plenty of people regurgitate that number. I've seen Santorum say it, Bachmann I know has used it..she also believes the rapture is coming because Obama is dealing with Iran (just said that the other day in an interview), Palin I "think" has mentioned she also believes in a young earth.

Its basically the oldest known civilizations formed about 3000bce(Egypt, Indus Valley, Mesopotamian) so 3000+2000=5000 add on the time for Noah's flood and such and you have about 6000 year old earth according to the bible

I don't see why it is so tough for some to figure that God could have

created the heavens and the earth from anciet rocks, etc,

that already existed, that were already millions of years old.

well for one we have fossil records of people, animals etc, etc that vastly predate 6000 years. What we don't know about the earth's true history could fill the library of congress thousands of times over.

Why are atheists always described as 'bitter' round here?

Atheist generally are bitter....the founding of any atheist organization is based on bitterness.

Bitter about "God" in the Pledge of Allegiance, bitter about "in God We Trust" on our coins...you get the idea.

Many athletes have been known to give credit and praise to God on the field, and off in their interviews...

..so why is Tebow hated more than the rest?

Because when he does it, he means it.

I think it came more from the time in college when he went overboard with it. During that rookie written test at the combine he tried to get everyone to join him in prayer and people were basically like do it yourself if you want but stfu and let us concentrate. I understand that sentiment, lot's of people would have been annoyed if they were about to take a test that could "literally" cost them millions of dollars. He's calmed down though with the public attention seeking that was what, imo, got him the acrimony.

Well, if he says its 6000 years old, and he is a brain surgeon, I believe him.

Conservative brain surgeon says Earth is 6000 years old --- "sure"

Climatologist talks about climate change... --- "Screw the 'experts' and their liberal elitist education!"

Wait... so god was here, then he poofed rocks into existence that were already super old, then he put those rocks together to make Earth? Then he poofed all the animals, plants, etc on to it?

WSS

So, ignorance is bliss?

Archived