THE BROWNS BOARD

Crowell gets second round tender

gftChris

THE QB makes the OL. Always has, always will. Hall Of Fame Joe Thomas has not made one fucking measurable difference in the Browns offense. His entire career has been one of shit. No impact Joe.

The last I checked. JT does not play QB.Draft QB's. nor does the HOF have Busts made with 5 headed OLmen groups on it. What it does have is Busts of players that are the very best at their position..In a active 10 year time frame. You got a name of a better fatass LT? entire career has been one of shit is already taken

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last I checked. JT does not play QB.Draft QB's. nor does the HOF have Busts made with 5 headed OLmen groups on it. What it does have is Busts of players that are the very best at their position..In a active 10 year time frame. You got a name of a better fatass LT? entire career has been one of shit is already taken

You are debating a self admitted troll who is probably busy checking his "sugar" right now.

So it works?

Like a fucking champ! Until some a$$ goes and quotes him... but then usually it's "The Best of..." For example...

"THE QB makes the OL."

Now THAT is some funny shit right there...

What does Crowell think, that the new standard is 900 yrds? Let him walk if he has that attitude. We can replace him next draft.

Quit trying to play catch-up threw the air & feed the Crow. When he got the rock, positive gains resulted behind a awful line play. FO surly has heard his magic $$ numbers. Let it play out. spottrac would show Crow's price is not robbing any team for a show me season..

Mike Clay

@MikeClayNFL

Good timing. Just came across this stat: Isaiah Crowell ranks dead last in YAC (min 300 att) since he entered the league. Hmm.

03/04/2017, 18:55

Not sure why Ghoolie is waxing poetic about Andy Dalton. Better than anything the Browns have had in forever? Sure. Competent somewhat? Sure.

In the top half of starting QBs in the NFL? I say NO. Right around the middle at best:

Not better than:

Tom Brady

Ben R.

Flacco

Luck

Mariota

A. Smith

Carr

Rivers

Eli

Cousins...imo

even Prescott

Stafford

Rodgers

Newton

Brees

Ryan

Winston

Wilson

Palmer.

That is 19 better imo.

He is in a group with the likes of Tannehill, Bortles, Bradford, T. Taylor, Wentz

Mike Clay

@MikeClayNFL

Good timing. Just came across this stat: Isaiah Crowell ranks dead last in YAC (min 300 att) since he entered the league. Hmm.

03/04/2017, 18:55

I just don't believe this. I mean, its not like he plays like a dandy or something.He is a tough RB.

I definitely think Crow will report. If he thinks about it objectively, he's in a pretty good situation (not great, but good). He has a coach who definitely WANTS to run the ball, and the team hasn't drafted a RB in the past two years or really signed a free agent worth a damn. That should tell him that the franchise believes in him. Additionally, the Browns invested heavily in the OL and the defense, so it's possible we won't be getting our ass whipped as much early, which would allow us to TRY to run the ball in the second half of more games. And finally, this offense will NEED to run the ball in order to be successful. We don't have a stud QB or outstanding WR's, so we will have to rely on the running game to move the chains and score touchdowns. It's a pretty good formula for a guy who obviously wants to ink a long-term contract. If we're in football games, he's going to get the rock. On paper (which doesn't always mean much, but whatever) it looks like we have a very good OL, and also one that excels at run blocking. Bitonio, Zeitler, and Shon Coleman (probable starter at RT) are built for mauling. This could be an awesome opportunity for Crow to run through some nice holes.

As a side note, I'm having some second thoughts about drafting Njoku. We could've gotten Dalvin Cook with that pick, and that would've been a nice jolt to our offense. Cook excels at running traps and counters, and Bitonio is ruthless on those plays.

He is in a group with the likes of Tannehill, Bortles, Bradford, T. Taylor, Wentz

Tannehill is a lot better than that group he's been lumped with, Wentz will be too, he was asked to do a hell of a lot for a rookie. That will see him in good stead

jiggins you are assuming Crow gets better at seeing/anticipating those holes to run through. Big assumption.

Could be semantics, but if the hole is where it is supposed to be, then he "finds" and hits it pretty damn hard.

But, yes, ZBS and "improv" are generally not his things...

Weird thing is that the most impressed I've ever been with a run of his was one he bounced outside and then once in the broken field showed pretty good "vision".

Edit: found a bootleg vid... it was 2014 ATL game.

Tannehill is a lot better than that group he's been lumped with, Wentz will be too, he was asked to do a hell of a lot for a rookie. That will see him in good stead

Wentz, maybe. Still early on him. Tannehill? Not so much. I think he is lumped right where he should be.

I definitely think Crow will report. If he thinks about it objectively, he's in a pretty good situation (not great, but good). He has a coach who definitely WANTS to run the ball, and the team hasn't drafted a RB in the past two years or really signed a free agent worth a damn. That should tell him that the franchise believes in him. Additionally, the Browns invested heavily in the OL and the defense, so it's possible we won't be getting our ass whipped as much early, which would allow us to TRY to run the ball in the second half of more games. And finally, this offense will NEED to run the ball in order to be successful. We don't have a stud QB or outstanding WR's, so we will have to rely on the running game to move the chains and score touchdowns. It's a pretty good formula for a guy who obviously wants to ink a long-term contract. If we're in football games, he's going to get the rock. On paper (which doesn't always mean much, but whatever) it looks like we have a very good OL, and also one that excels at run blocking. Bitonio, Zeitler, and Shon Coleman (probable starter at RT) are built for mauling. This could be an awesome opportunity for Crow to run through some nice holes.

As a side note, I'm having some second thoughts about drafting Njoku. We could've gotten Dalvin Cook with that pick, and that would've been a nice jolt to our offense. Cook excels at running traps and counters, and Bitonio is ruthless on those plays.

MHO? Crow wanted to get paid, and failed. Unfortunately, Pryor was a UFA, so we couldn't tender him, or he'd still be on the Browns.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/isaiah-crowell-14768/

Problem is, no other team in the NFL thought Crow was worth more than $2.7 million and a second round pick. If he lights it up, he may do better on the FA market next year. It's a one year "show us" deal. Even if he lights it up, I doubt the Browns are going to give him Le'veon money next year. Bell is getting $12 million franchise tagged.

Regarding Njoku, the Browns wanted to get younger @ TE, I debate if letting Barnidge go was a wise decision. But if you ask me to pick between Njoku or Cook, I'm taking Njoku.

Who in the NFL has had more undeserved support from the franchise than Crow? No starting RB drafted since he arrived. That's three drafts now. Start performing.

I think he's getting bad advice. Somehow these players think 900 yrds is the gold standard.

• 2 weeks later...

Always good to see players show up when it's voluntary. We have no idea whether or not he will stay or leave next year, but I'm thinkin' he'll play his ass off this year.

Mike

Always good to see players show up when it's voluntary. We have no idea whether or not he will stay or leave next year, but I'm thinkin' he'll play his ass off this year.

Mike

For the Browns?......or his next team?

Id be ok with a great season from him, if it was a season that meant something.....but using him and getting a good year, then watching him walk helps this team zero.....and in fact, creates a set back in the building process.....cause NEXT year, we will be one year better, but back to square one with our RB situation....

For the Browns?......or his next team?

Id be ok with a great season from him, if it was a season that meant something.....but using him and getting a good year, then watching him walk helps this team zero.....and in fact, creates a set back in the building process.....cause NEXT year, we will be one year better, but back to square one with our RB situation....

Agree Mud. The time is now to get this guy signed-up in a 2-3yr. deal if that's their plan. He stays Healthy for a banger. Showing up to a Voluntarily OTA's(Only Touch Activities) tells me Crow's deal is not that far off in dollars but we been here before..Over 4 yrds. per carry with limited carries due to scoreboard with last years line? Ha..How bout for once a ball control running game behind a good line to closeout some games..

That crystal ball ya got needs recalibrated. Seems dumb to bitch about shit that hasn't even happened yet. But ya know...

Fair enough......though, I suspect he'll leave....my prediction....

But I will say this fo has a strange way of treating people they want to keep, no?....why go through all this if they want him?.....and if they dont, then my crystal ball is better than expected.....cause either they let him walk for a better deal or they sign him to a better deal, which they just took a pass on.....

So....it appears to be what?

Agree Mud. The time is now to get this guy signed-up in a 2-3yr. deal if that's their plan. He stays Healthy for a banger. Showing up to a Voluntarily OTA's(Only Touch Activities) tells me Crow's deal is not that far off in dollars but we been here before..Over 4 yrds. per carry with limited carries due to scoreboard with last years line? Ha..How bout for once a ball control running game behind a good line to closeout some games..

There ya go.....if they are close, then they should have just closed the deal....Shashi seems to get stuck in these tight negotiations and ends up mishandling and then losing em all....

I dont see how this team is in the position to continuously play hard ball with the very few quality players actually willing to play here.....

I like Crow... (think I've said that enough by now to be gay for him... but I digress)... but I'm not going to worry about him sticking.

I'm guessing we are still talking, but simply can't agree upon his value. If he's really shines this year, then maybe we bid for him... but I don't see either happening TBH.

And if neither does and we go our separate ways, his replacement won't be hard to find.

Archived