THE BROWNS BOARD

New Jersey Deli Owner Sparks Outrage with his 'White History Month' sign

New Jersey Deli Owner Sparks Outrage With His ‘White History Month’ Sign

by Top Right News on March 4, 2015 in Race, Viral

by Brooke Bosca | Top Right News

A New Jersey deli owner has outraged the far left by putting a hand-made sign in his shop window that proclaims March to be “White History Month” in his store.

white-history-month-jim-boggess.jpg

The shop owner, Jim Boggess, owner of Jimbo’s Deli, has infuriated the race-baiting leftists saying:

“No matter what you are — Muslim, Jewish, black, white, gay, straight — you should be proud of what you are. I shouldn’t have to feel bad about being white.”

His sign reads: “CELEBRATE YOUR WHITE HERITAGE IN MARCH, WHITE HISTORY MONTH”

Amazingly, some race-baiters actually tried to have the police arrest the shop owner.

EPIC fail:

But a neighbor and former customer, Bhakti Curtis, who is bi-racial, doesn’t accept that. He said the sign, is “mocking Black History Month,” especially the way the T was crossed in “WHITE.” The cross piece was not right at the top, it was lower down, in a style used by the Ku Klux Klan and other white-power groups, Curtis said. That cross piece of the T has since been broadened to make it a more traditional, if top-heavy, capital T.

On March 3, Curtis saw the sign, told Boggess it offended him, but got no satisfaction. So he filed a complaint with the Flemington police. Detective Sgt. William Svard said Cpl. Louis Hribik’s report indicates that Curtis said the sign is “racist,” that he felt harassed by it and wanted to know what would be done about it.

Hribik went to Jimbo’s, looked at the sign, spoke with Boggess and decided that the sign wasn’t derogatory or racist and that no further police action was needed.

Boggess agrees with that assessment and believes he’s lawfully exercising his right of free expression. He keeps a copy of the Bill of Rights in his establishment for ready reference.

He said reaction to the sign has been mixed. Lots of people have been photographing his sign with their phones and giving him a thumbs-up. But others have objected, including someone from the Business Improvement District who asked him to take it down, he said.

Liberals on Twitter — who believe only in one-way freedom of speech — are already freaking out:

Racist, oppressionist White Deli Owner MUST be arrested for hate crimes for his disgusting "White History Month' sign @barackobama

— Liberals Win (@LiberalsKickAss) March 5, 2015

Boggess said, “If there’s any racial discrimination going on, it’s by people who are objecting to his sign “because I’m white.” He said that while other groups have their own celebrations, “I just want to be included. Why is this such a big deal? I don’t get it.”

It’s nice to see the Flemington police show proper restraint. But when Eric Holder gets wind of this, it might get ugly.

What do you think of Jim Boggess’ sign?

He has the right to do it. I don't know if a Jersey business owner should pull that move if he likes a steady income.

Any business owner takes a risk when getting involved in ANY type of political stance.

My cousin, Harry, owns a Diner in West Hartford, CT and has a, "Don't Tread On Me" sticker in the restaurant. He doesn't feel it impacts his business one way or another.

This guy, might - or might not - have the same result.

In general, not a good business move.......................but he certainly has a right to do it.

All the letters are capitals, except for "i".

weird.

Yeah, it's pretty telling that "black history month" is defiantly appropriate,

but "white history month" is "offensive".

liberals knee jerk reactions for their own political expediency.

It all depends on what benefits them, especially free benefits, free stuff, by hook or crook.

All the letters are capitals, except for "i".

weird.

Yeah, it's pretty telling that "black history month" is defiantly appropriate,

but "white history month" is "offensive".

liberals knee jerk reactions for their own political expediency.

It all depends on what benefits them, especially free benefits, free stuff, by hook or crook.

Its just an ideosynchrisy. When I print in block letters I frequently unconsciously mix capital and lower case letters.

I think the other 11 months are unofficially white history months. We kind of put ourselves at the forefront of major historical events.

black history month is stupid and I don't accept it any more than I would accept a white history month. History is history you can't distill the history of any race into a month. It should be civil rights recognition month since this is what it really means.

Archived