THE BROWNS BOARD

Football Gameplan's 2014 NFL Team Preview - Browns

EmDiggy

if you think about that statement right there then........wooh. not much of an analyst.

russell wilson is not a 'running' qb. when things break down he runs to the sidelines to get the first down. he's not the 'uh-oh...no wrs open i'm going to run up the middle and all around and go for 50 yards'. manziel will not last a year doing that in the NFL.

vince young, really?

your legitimacy just flew right out the window along with his career..

ask mike vick how he feels getting pummelled into the turf every season and then having to sit on the bench watching his career 'run away' from him like his talent.

Your comprehension skills leave me shaking my head.

Not once did I mention that Russell Wilson was a 'running QB'

Vick gets blasted by a defender every game…you can probably count on 2 fingers the times Manziel got 'blasted' at A&M

Oh, and lets act like Vince Young didn't have a 31-19 record as an NFL starter winning rookie of the year honors, taking a team to the playoffs that hasn't sniffed it since he left, while saving Jeff Fisher's job TWICE…all for a coach that didn't want him.

But don't let facts get in the way.

And where's young now?

Oh yeah....

Great....the lil guy can run. Can he read a defense and throw the ball?

Yet to be seen.

Because only the best players are in the NFL right? Stephen Hill says hi while Darrius Heyward-Bey sends his regards as well

Because only the best players are in the NFL right? Stephen Hill says hi while Darrius Heyward-Bey sends his regards as well

LOL, Jamarcus Russell stopped in the NFL for a cup of coffee too, EM. Yes, Manziel got drafted in the first round because of his athletic ability. Whether that athletic ability translates to the NFL- we'll find out soon enough. Most important attributes of an NFL qb? My .02 is reading a defense, unloading the ball quickly, and accurate throws. Mobility is plus, but as Zombo said Peyton Manning will never be considered a Crazy Legs Hirsch, but he excels in those other departments.

Looks like some of the regular boys are gettin' jiggy with Diggy.

(I don't recall one of your video posts getting this much run and debate)

It's just us Johnny hatin' curmudgeons that are taking a wait and see attitude about JF's potential to start game 1 instead of Hoyer.

Your comprehension skills leave me shaking my head.

Not once did I mention that Russell Wilson was a 'running QB'

Vick gets blasted by a defender every game…you can probably count on 2 fingers the times Manziel got 'blasted' at A&M

Oh, and lets act like Vince Young didn't have a 31-19 record as an NFL starter winning rookie of the year honors, taking a team to the playoffs that hasn't sniffed it since he left, while saving Jeff Fisher's job TWICE…all for a coach that didn't want him.

But don't let facts get in the way.

ok man...i like what you do but you categorized manziel in the same sentence as russell wilson while stating that the threat of manziel running will frustrate a defense. so i guess defenses do that will wilson as well correct? which in your statement makes him a 'running' or OMG 'mobile' QB.

you are dead on about the rest of the brown's evaluation, but to say manziel will be the starter and just hand him the baton is friggin laughable. that's where your credibility goes out the window for me.

just be another resident TMZer or a ESPN/NFL network JF hugger.

if manziel does start and he does great i will blast your name across the internet as the next football analytical genius. if he doesn't start then i'm right, correct?

the thing i do care about is the fact that all you geniuses think that sending the kid in without being properly prepared can have zero chance of him getting hurt. because he didn't get hit in college?

terrell suggs running full force at JF as he tries to extend a play will mean the end of JF as you think you know it. and i'll back my thoughts up with whatever bet you can handle.

The difference btw he and RG3 is that RG3, like Vick, is a reckless runner. Manziel is not 'as' reckless of a runner. He actually runs under more control ala Russell Wilson & Vince Young. They don't take as many shots as the aforementioned guys do. Reading a defense is reading a defense if you're a QB. It doesn't matter if you're an option QB, zone read, spread, pro-style-PA or west coast…there's reads that are involved and it's your job to make decisions & keep the offense on pace. Did he do that at Texas A&M? Yes.

And didn't RG3 lead the Redskins to the playoffs in his 1st season? And despite coming back from injury last year, he played quite well. Those are two facts.

JM is not close to the controlled runner that Wilson is... not to my eye at least. And JM ran himself into two hits last year that resulted in injuries and his least productive games of the year... a fact that is as clear in his game stats as it was on the field. It's a product of his hyper competitive nature and it will be his undoing, if he is thrust into play before his reads improve.

Like RG3, JM is not ready for a league where a 300+ lb lineman can deliver a mid-air, midsection blow, downfield, that is so hard it makes a knee flex the wrong way.

As for RG3... "Quite well"? Really? Fell to an 82 rating. Doubled his rookie INT percentage. Dropped five points off his completion percentage. Those are "facts". "Quite well" is your opinion... and IMO it is not a very well founded one.

We'll find out soon enough. Training camp in 10 days, then pre-season.

Amen brother...

Archived