THE BROWNS BOARD

Arena football players

LBC mike

I am watching some Arena Football right now and I am curious how many of these guys have a shot at the NFL. The only player that I aware of us Kurt Warner that transitioned over eventually. Anyone else?

Usually the Arena players do not transition well into the NFL. The game is too different. You typically see the top rookies and top performers get signed to NFL teams each season, and then they all get cut by the end of the preseason. Also I thought Kurt Warner played in Europe.

Agrees....It's mostly a haven for outcast NFL and CFL players..not the other way around

I think the game is just too different. It's like playing backyard football, essentially. Extremely condensed field, and you can be full speed sprinting forward when the ball is hiked.

It's fun to watch because it's generally pretty high scoring, but it's just not there. I'd rather bring someone over from the CFL who is used to playing on a full sized field than to grab an Arena leaguer.

Usually the Arena players do not transition well into the NFL. The game is too different. You typically see the top rookies and top performers get signed to NFL teams each season, and then they all get cut by the end of the preseason. Also I thought Kurt Warner played in Europe.

Pretty sure he played for the Iowa Barnstormers. AFL/USFL

Archived