THE BROWNS BOARD

Cameron

cambridgeho

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/02/jordan-cameron-is-no-longer-a-pro-bowl-tight-end-sort-of/

i know this isnt really anything, but what are the thoughts on Cameron for the future? Will he demand to be the highest paid TE or will he fall behind the likes of the Grahams, Davis, Gronk Thomas types?

List of 2015 Draft prospects and FA's\

http://walterfootball.com/draft2015TE.php

http://overthecap.com/freeagents.php?Position=TE&Year=2015

Talented guy, great athlete. Smart draft pick ... We have done everything right with Cameron ... Except re-sign him.

If we don't get something done in the next month, we are goig to have franchise him next year and watch him hit the market the next. We have nothing else at the position... I'd sign him now ... He's going to catch 90 balls this year.

Z

Based on the free agent link you posted he was the only Brown coming up as a free agent next year. So if the Browns don't go batshit crazy in free agency or something, locking him up shouldn't be a problem, right?

Do you think we could pull off a move like they did with Mack and basically let another team do the negotiating for us?

Cameron has to get done, whilst we are all semi-delusional about how well the receiver corps who we don't know will perform, Cameron is, like Zombo said, a known quantity that will deliver. Without him we are at best 2 dimensional on offense, whether we tag and bag next year or cough up this, surely the FO will get this done.

Based on the free agent link you posted he was the only Brown coming up as a free agent next year. So if the Browns don't go batshit crazy in free agency or something, locking him up shouldn't be a problem, right?

Do you think we could pull off a move like they did with Mack and basically let another team do the negotiating for us?

No, we will do what the Saints did.

No, we will do what the Saints did.

Cameron has changed his Twitter bio from "Tight end" to "Pass Catcher" ... so buckle down, could be a long battle.

Zombo

Cameron has changed his Twitter bio from "Tight end" to "Pass Catcher" ... so buckle down, could be a long battle.

Zombo

He's still a TE regardless. That just removes a written admission. Teams will now require a signed position designation for future contracts.

Zombo

Pretty sure he did it more as a joke than anything. There's no disputing that he is a tight end.

I wouldn't be surprised if his agent tried to fight for top 5 TE money, but I don't know how much he has to stand on after one breakout season. If he can perform at the same level this year, I think he would absolutely deserve it.

Grahams is going to come in around $10MM a year. If Cameron has a monster year he will demand north of that.

Im sure he will have a monster year, which is great for us. He is to good a talent to let go.

Guess I am the only one that would like to see him show what he showed in 2013 again... confirm his "breakout year"... especially before I started considering Graham or Davis type, top-5 money.

Guess I am the only one that would like to see him show what he showed in 2013 again... confirm his "breakout year"... especially before I started considering Graham or Davis type, top-5 money.

No, you are not.

Amen to that. Pay 10-12 mil a year for another PH? No thanks. I'm not saying he is a fluke, I think he has huge talent. We just need to see a little more than one year to pay someone top 5 or even top 10 money

I disagree with the league ruling. I think it is very obvious the tight end position has evolved into two distinctly different roles. Those roles in my mind are very different and should command different values. These guys that are catching as many passes as Graham and getting paid like a blocking TE are getting screwed.

If Cameron is as good or better than last year especially in light of the Gordon situation he will be worth every penny of the tag and honestly every penny of the $10MM a year it will cost on a deal.

Lock him up cheap now before he has a potential break out season being our number one target and all. He can't command 10 mil a season currently.

After the season, hopefully (meaning he did work and we're in the playoff running,) he can.

With that said, I doubt he would even consider signing up long term yet. Just doesn't make sense. All this JG nonsense has made him that much more valuable. If he has even a decent season, he can double his value. Considering how Reed, a rook, did last year in this system, Cameron's got to be psyched.

Plus a TE is a young QB's best friend.

Plus a TE is a young QB's best friend.

I expect that during training camp he will work out secondary routes with JM similar to the relationship Manziel had with Mike Evans. JM would find a way to extend the play with his legs and Evans (and others) would take off on new secondary routes, often with subtle signals in advance of the play from the LOS depending upon the D they were seeing. Those who say JM was not good at progressions have no idea what he was really doing as often he would take off watching on the run for the secondary routes because he knew the primaries were covered.

I expect that during training camp he will work out secondary routes with JM similar to the relationship Manziel had with Mike Evans. JM would find a way to extend the play with his legs and Evans (and others) would take off on new secondary routes, often with subtle signals in advance of the play from the LOS depending upon the D they were seeing. Those who say JM was not good at progressions have no idea what he was really doing as often he would take off watching on the run for the secondary routes because he knew the primaries were covered.

Fascinating...

Could revolutionize the NFL...

Now tell us about the tertiary routes... :rolleyes:

Now tell us about the tertiary routes... :rolleyes:

Those are all directly to the bank. :lol:

What I described above was something Kevin Sumlin's OC worked on with JM and his receivers all the time in practice. They knew he had that ability with his feet and moves to extend plays well beyond the normal time to get rid of the ball. I didn't make that stuff up. It was incorporated in practices daily. His "playground" abilities were utilized by his coaches to the max and it led to the Heisman and to his OC that year to the head coaching job at Texas Tech in 2013.

Archived