THE BROWNS BOARD

Miktoxic --- whiskey or beer ?

LBC mike

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL so if I wore my cheesehead they would let me up there haha.

yep. just watch for that sudden gust of wind....you'll look like sister bertrille flying over lake erie!

i have mad respect for any northern team that still plays outside in the elements. yep sorry that means chicago too (obviously i don't have the same thing at stake you guys do)...but the vikes can bite my shorts.

Packers fans are always cool.

Packers and Bills are my two favorite opposing fan bases.

Steelers and Cowboys the worst.

Bengals are the stupidest.

Z

I pretty much agree as well, though I have to be a little touchy since my daughter essentially claims to be a Cowboy fan, now that she lives in San Antonio. But, is it fair to say that with women you have to give them a little grace? I mean, for her, she became a Cowboy fan because she liked the cheerleaders.....and not for the reasons most of us like the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. (she actually likes them because of their cheerleading. And now she is like the captain of a Texas University cheerleading squad.).

But your are right on about Packer fans. Great folks. In fact we have family friends that live in Green Bay.

But I would also say this....Steeler fans are the worse...but they also rival Bengal fans for the stupidest.

Fair to say?

Sierra Nevada Summerfest. Nice clean taste. No gay fruit.

Z

Had to go out of my way to find this a little (at my nearest Giant Eagle actually), but picked up a 12 this weekend to try...it was absoeffinlutely delicious. Thanks Z for pointing this out. I've not yet found a Sierra Nevada I didn't love.

BTW they had a Sierra Nevada 4-way IPA variety pack sitting next to the Summerfest. I was tempted to pick it up as well, maybe next time. Right now I'm trying to find good beers to enjoy aside from IPAs.

Had to go out of my way to find this a little (at my nearest Giant Eagle actually), but picked up a 12 this weekend to try...it was absoeffinlutely delicious. Thanks Z for pointing this out. I've not yet found a Sierra Nevada I didn't love.

BTW they had a Sierra Nevada 4-way IPA variety pack sitting next to the Summerfest. I was tempted to pick it up as well, maybe next time. Right now I'm trying to find good beers to enjoy aside from IPAs.

I'm not a big IPA guy, but always like to have 2 or 3 options in the fridge ... One is usually Sam Adams Boston Lager ... My favorite fallback beer since I was a youngster ... Just like the taste.

Tonight I picked up some more Sierra Nevada Summerfest and it is going down smooth ... Good and flavorful, but it doesn't try too hard like some Summer beers.

Z

• 2 weeks later...

In my attempt to score the much heralded Ballast Pointe IPA l ended up with Lagunitas IPA, because both brands were mentioned in this thread and it got all screwed up in my mind.

So anyway, the Lagunitas IPA is just ok for me. Doesn't quite have that bite, and l can't dance to it.

Ever tried Breckenridge Batch 471 IPA? That's pretty up there for me in the IPA department.

If Yan can cook, so can you.

went into hastings with the crew and tried a broken bow brewery irish red IPA the other day. like i said i'll do 2-3 of the good tasting fill beers and then switch over to something lighter....BUT this was really good stuff. made in their brewery about 10 miles away in tuckahoe, NY.

anyone watch the new show on HBO called 'the leftovers'? well that whole first episode was filmed in and around where i live in the rivertowns. post more about it in westside steve's movie reviews.

In my attempt to score the much heralded Ballast Pointe IPA l ended up with Lagunitas IPA, because both brands were mentioned in this thread and it got all screwed up in my mind.

So anyway, the Lagunitas IPA is just ok for me. Doesn't quite have that bite, and l can't dance to it.

Ever tried Breckenridge Batch 471 IPA? That's pretty up there for me in the IPA department.

If Yan can cook, so can you.

yeah the Lagunit as ipa is ok but it's a run-of-the-mill IPA. They make one called "Sucks" which is great. The Breckenridge 417 is overpriced in my opinion. Be careful when getting bottled IPA because if it sits on a shelf the hops tend to fade.

WSS

Archived