THE BROWNS BOARD

Miktoxic --- whiskey or beer ?

LBC mike

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought a six yesterday of Shock Top's Honey Bourbon Cask Wheat. Got half a bottle down before I had to give up on it. Thankfully the wife will make sure it doesn't go to waste. I like trying new stuff but damn it sucks when you get one you can't even force down.

I'm not a fan of the fruity Summer Shandy either. I tried it on tap at a Browns game last year and although I could at least forcefully drink that one down. Well, at $9 a cup, you'll find a way.

Can someone give me a good summer ale out there to try? I've had Sam Adams and Blue Moon summer wheat ale. They are ok, the SA one is fairly tasty, but looking for something else different... My problem too is being able to find it. There are a couple wine and beer shops near me that get better selections, but still are limited.

Sierra Nevada Summerfest. Nice clean taste. No gay fruit.

Z

Taking notes here. Thanks Z and WSS.

BTW I love every single thing Sierra Nevada has produced. I was not aware they had a summer ale. I'm on the hunt now...

I've had Fatheads Headhunter...good stuff. But then I've not run into an IPA I didn't like either. I've also had the All Day IPA too, but not sure if it was Founders brand. It was as you describe, a "light IPA".

BTW I love every single thing Sierra Nevada has produced. I was not aware they had a summer ale. I'm on the hunt now...

I've had Fatheads Headhunter...good stuff. But then I've not run into an IPA I didn't like either. I've also had the All Day IPA too, but not sure if it was Founders brand. It was as you describe, a "light IPA".

It's actually a Summer Lager. Damn good.

Zombo

I'll take quality beer every time. I am a fan of the Great Lakes beers here in Cleveland. They make some tasty strong beers. Especially the Christmas Ale and the Conway's Irish Ale. Even their "stock" beer Dortmunder Gold is very good

I'll drink chillwave til the cows come home.

Lake Erie monster is also a great option.

I'll drink chillwave til the cows come home.

Lake Erie monster is also a great option.

I had a monster and two Stone go to with my chicken wings at supper tonight at the winking lizard

I stopped at Fatheads Sunday evening on the way home Put in Bay and had an Angels for ALS IPA.

Similar to headhunter and very good.

WSS

I had a monster and two Stone go to with my chicken wings at supper tonight at the winking lizard

I stopped at Fatheads Sunday evening on the way home Put in Bay and had an Angels for ALS IPA.

Similar to headhunter and very good.

WSS

Stone is constantly putting out kick ass IPAs. Their 'enjoy by' limited batches are always delicious and stronger than sin. You can never go wrong with Head Hunter either. Great divide brewery has a fantastic seasonal IPA out called Rumble. A few of my other favorites are Southern Tier's double IPA, Rogue XS and the Lagunitas Undercover shutdown Strong American Ale.

The all day IPA is a session IPA meaning that you're supposed to be able to have several in a drinking session without getting shitfaced. I don't really have time for beers that are under 5% alcohol being that I'm 6'10" 315lbs

Anyone like Arrogant Bastard?

Um, no in particular, and IPA's and the "super" IPA's like Lake Erie Monster in general. As they said in my home winemaking ad beermaking instructions- "too much of a good thing is a bad thing." I just don't care for a beer that's been hooped up to the Moon.

damn dude. let me guess, either you are an athlete or some type of private security guy?

please don't say you're a stock broker.

I am going with midget circus clown mime at ringling brothers

Stone is constantly putting out kick ass IPAs. Their 'enjoy by' limited batches are always delicious and stronger than sin. You can never go wrong with Head Hunter either. Great divide brewery has a fantastic seasonal IPA out called Rumble. A few of my other favorites are Southern Tier's double IPA, Rogue XS and the Lagunitas Undercover shutdown Strong American Ale.

have you had the Lagunitas Suckss?

Great.

And Rogue Yellow Snow.

WSS

Hey Browns fans visited Cleveland a month ago. Very nice city and beautiful stadiums. They were doing construction on Browns stadium when I was there so they wouldn't let us go inside. The field was gorgeous and went in the Pro shop and even bought a Browns football shirt. Anyways best wishes to you guys this season. I hit up a place called the Thirsty Parrot there, you guys ever been there behind Progressive field? I was treated great there and all the Brown fans were super nice even though I told them I was a Packer fan lol.

Packers fans are always cool.

Packers and Bills are my two favorite opposing fan bases.

Steelers and Cowboys the worst.

Bengals are the stupidest.

Z

Yep, on all counts. I'll add in the Jets' as one of the worst.

Mike

Hey Browns fans visited Cleveland a month ago. Very nice city and beautiful stadiums. They were doing construction on Browns stadium when I was there so they wouldn't let us go inside. The field was gorgeous and went in the Pro shop and even bought a Browns football shirt. Anyways best wishes to you guys this season. I hit up a place called the Thirsty Parrot there, you guys ever been there behind Progressive field? I was treated great there and all the Brown fans were super nice even though I told them I was a Packer fan lol.

Thanks. How can anyone hate the Pack? They are traditionally classy....like our Browns.

Mike

Archived