THE BROWNS BOARD

Miktoxic --- whiskey or beer ?

LBC mike

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't drink light beer (unless that's all there is left...). coronas and regular buds are just lighter in taste compared to the hoppy craft beers. sure you'd have to drink more bud or corona to equal the buzz of some micro brews because of their alcohol content. but you'd be done in a couple of hours because you'd be full (in more ways than one) while i'm still carrying on.

the light of day does not stop this dog from keep on going on. some of my worse posts on here have been in the middle to end of a three day binge.

nothing to be proud about, but i feel for the fool to challenge me.

Not all craft beers are overly hoppy. Granted the IPAs and their overhoppiness seems to dominate that scene, but there's plenty if wheat ales, lagers, blondes and other beers that don't have that bite. I'll dig 'em all, depending in my mood.

Hoorta is our go to guy when it comes to wine. Westside Steve when it comes to beer. Atenears when it comes to Margaritas.

On all other subjects where you need expertise, I am the guy. With a few exceptions.

For soccer talk to MLWoody or gft.

For all aspects of sexual deviancy, talk to Zombo.

Edit: Oh...however, when it comes to law and politics, if you want my expertise there much be remuneration.

your humility is commendable

My wife likes to start with two or three of the good stuff, get the buzz on, then carry on through the night with something lighter/cheaper. You're already buzzing pretty good, so priority on flavor diminishes. Pretty sound plan IMO.

you married good.

your wife is a very smart person.

i don't drink light beer (unless that's all there is left...). coronas and regular buds are just lighter in taste compared to the hoppy craft beers. sure you'd have to drink more bud or corona to equal the buzz of some micro brews because of their alcohol content. but you'd be done in a couple of hours because you'd be full (in more ways than one) while i'm still carrying on.

the light of day does not stop this dog from keep on going on. some of my worse posts on here have been in the middle to end of a three day binge.

nothing to be proud about, but i feel for the fool to challenge me.

Damn, I wish I was retired Mik. I have only one rule when it comes to drinking beer- ABM Anything But Miller. I wouldn't drink that crap if you paid me to do so. Oh, when it's beer, give me the Belgian Abby ales- like Saint Bernadus Abbot 12- beer hopped up to wine proof. The one beer to have when you're having only one. I have a few other favorites- Steinlager (New Zealand) which apparently isn't imported anymore into the USA. The Dortmunders and Munich style beers. Hard stuff I favor Crown Royal, Hennessy VSOP, Laphroaig single malt, and of course the famous "Orange Shit" real Curacao from Curacao. PS- I could give Stan a pretty good run about high end tequila, but I'll defer for now.

Not all craft beers are overly hoppy. Granted the IPAs and their overhoppiness seems to dominate that scene, but there's plenty if wheat ales, lagers, blondes and other beers that don't have that bite. I'll dig 'em all, depending in my mood.

Yuck to over hopped beers, it's all about balance to me, the same way it is in wines. Not a big fan of wheat beers\ales either.

Damn, I wish I was retired Mik. I have only one rule when it comes to drinking beer- ABM Anything But Miller. I wouldn't drink that crap if you paid me to do so.

HA!

i drank MGD back in the day when i lived in AZ. the sand in your mouth from playing volleyball made it bearable. and the fact that anything freakin cold tasted good when you're out getting baked in the 105 degree sun. my eastern european blood didn't handle it well. i like being white as a ghost and living in a cave.

I love Miller High Life. It's the Champagne of beers.

To each their own. Know why Miller comes in clear bottles? It's pasteurized, and legally dead. There's a reason they put most beers in amber or green bottles- to protect it from sunlight which can make the beer have off smells. That isn't a problem with Miller.

Worst hangover ever came from Milwaukee's Beast Light. On tap. On special nights it's free at my sportsman's club. So I drank away...oh GD the headache.

LOL, maybe we ought to morph this thread into what gave you the worst hangover ever. Mine came from Schaffer beer in upstate NY way back in the 70s- I'll never forget that one. Even worse than a massive quantity of Gilby's gin one 4th of July.

Crown Royal neat all night long

Can't drink high octane straight- never could. And take it from Dr Hoorta, slamming 80 proof or higher straight on a steady basis isn't good for your health. Crown on the rocks is one of my faves.

I can't say much about hangovers from the hard stuff. Well, then again I mix with pop, so I guess I always get some sort of hydration, even if not very much. Worst hangovers always came from beer for me (and forgetting to drink a big glass of water before hitting the pillow). Maybe I should test that and trying drinking Crown straight sometime.

Can't drink high octane straight- never could. And take it from Dr Hoorta, slamming 80 proof or higher straight on a steady basis isn't good for your health. Crown on the rocks is one of my faves.

Slamming Crown is a sin in my book. Sip and savor it's silky flavor. A little goes a long way, especially with a nice cigar.

Slamming Crown is a sin in my book. Sip and savor it's silky flavor. A little goes a long way, especially with a nice cigar.

dip a nice cohiba in some HQ brandy or cognac and sit back with with a snifter full and just chilllll.

Generally drink one of the Samuel Adams offerings, Lager being the favorite. Today, however, I'm having Yuengling Lager because I'm tired of paying out the ass for Sam Adams. For an occasional treat, I'll have a Founders Dirty Bastard Scotch Ale. Got a good kick to it. No cans, just Bottles or tap.

I've tried a few, but just do not enjoy fruit in beer.

My favorite beer is Old Leghumper Porter from Thirsty Dog Brewing Co.

Mike

I've tried a few, but just do not enjoy fruit in beer.

My favorite beer is Old Leghumper Porter from Thirsty Dog Brewing Co.

Mike

Ditto- no arguing about tastes- as the Romans said about 2,000 years ago. If you like lemonade in your beer- more power to ya. My wife loves Summer Shandy, I don't. Pretty much a purist when it comes to beer- about my only .exception is lime in a Corona or Dos Equis at a Mexican restaurant.

I bought a six yesterday of Shock Top's Honey Bourbon Cask Wheat. Got half a bottle down before I had to give up on it. Thankfully the wife will make sure it doesn't go to waste. I like trying new stuff but damn it sucks when you get one you can't even force down.

I'm not a fan of the fruity Summer Shandy either. I tried it on tap at a Browns game last year and although I could at least forcefully drink that one down. Well, at $9 a cup, you'll find a way.

Can someone give me a good summer ale out there to try? I've had Sam Adams and Blue Moon summer wheat ale. They are ok, the SA one is fairly tasty, but looking for something else different... My problem too is being able to find it. There are a couple wine and beer shops near me that get better selections, but still are limited.

i brought the shandy, had a couple, turned them on to the girls and it was over. i went to bud cans in the cooler. something about that shandy, it tasted soooo much better on tap. you only tasted a hint of lemon in it, not like the bottle where it seems they stuffed a lemon into each one.

Archived