THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Dolphins Game Day Thread

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool, less than 3. Sorry, don't want to chance it.

Big picture stuff. I'm proud of the young guys in a loss. I'm not looking for moral victories but longevity and depth in this roster is the only way for sustained success.

"Big picture stuff" doesn't factor in when you have a trigger-happy owner and the HC average lifespan in Cleveland is less than 2 seasons.

Some thoughts from the game...

I was really proud of this effort. In particular when the D got beaten down in the 3rd Qtr, to open the 4th the offense put together their best drive of the game both reenergizing the D and giving them some needed rest. A couple series later came the strip sack.

Both Crow and Duke ran hard and found holes most of the day.

The revamped line made holes most of the day and looked as good as I hoped they would. Paztor had speed rush issues a few times as expected.

Kessler was late a lot and left a few plays on the field with premature throwaways when flushed. But overall he produced the numbers many here said they'd be happy with.

Pryor looked like the Buckeye QB of days passed... easy gate producing deceptive speed. Throwing was erratic, but the 2-pt conversion was as sweet of a throw as you'd want. But he is officially a WR.

The D contained the run most of the day. The coverage was good... most of the day.

Summary: Today we played an underachieving team and overachieved in the process controlled both the clock and the game... for most of the game.

I was proud of our effort.

...a beautiful lob to Barnige.

His deep balls appear as long lobs too though.

I thought he got better as the game went on. Early on, I turned to my wife, "He' throws the most horrible wobbly wounded duck passes", but as the game went on the ball got straighter.

.....Mrs. wife just told me that Arnold Palmer died. The King. My favorite golfer. ( a lot of people's)........................................................very sad.

...a beautiful lob to Barnige.

His deep balls appear as long lobs too though.

I thought he got better as the game went on. Early on, I turned to my wife, "He' throws the most horrible wobbly wounded duck passes", but as the game went on the ball got straighter.

.....Mrs. wife just told me that Arnold Palmer died. The King. My favorite golfer. ( a lot of people's)........................................................very sad.

I'm not impressed with Kessler. His arm appears weak. He had a few wobblers that looked almost like Peyton on a Sunday morning. He held on to the ball a little to long a few times. There was also a chance, on one play, I thought, for him to run and gain a few yards after the LOS, he threw the ball away with very few players around him. Is he afraid of getting hit? He got up a few times and limped off the field at the start of the game. He does not seem like the type of receiver we need with guys like Pryor, Coleman and maybe if Gordon hits the field. If he leave balls floating in the air, it's going to be a tough go.

But there are a lot of positives, Duke and Crowell, looked good, and got positive yardage all day. Pryor, my god man, they should have just let him kick the game winning field goal, at least he deserved to try it. What a stud, and he put it out there on the field. Barnage, another decent game. And the D seems to be squaring up and making plays. If we just had a Oline that could pass block and a QB.

I was at the game literally seeing the guys out of the tunnel. I got a thumbs up from cody and danny shelton and a wave from McCown which was pretty cool.

I know there is no moral victories, but fellas there was a lot of good from yesterdy too. Defense is really showing promise and making plays. Crow and duke look like an awesome 1-2 in this offense. Pryor is proving my ass for one wrong and balling out there.

Kessler made some rookie mistakes but made some nice plays too. I am really looking forward to next week when he has had more time to prepare. He put us in a position if the damn kicker doesnt suck nuts we win, that simple.

I really thought this was going to be a doom and gloom game but I was wrong. There is real devlopment in these players which is encouraging as hell.

Archived