THE BROWNS BOARD

Why are Patriots Quarterbacks So Good?

Orion

My wife and I were having this conversation before 1/2 time. It's unbelievable that they can be this good for so long. Yea Brady's a stud, but they don't seem to miss a beat when he's out, be it for a game or a season...... If it were easy to put a finger on it, everybody would do it.

Then there's us, the Bizarro World Patriots.

Anyone want to take a guess?

Why is it that no matter WHO plays QB for the Patriots, he looks good?

Josh McDaniels. Ohio roots, but the dude is a ass..met him at a wedding

It's the system. Too bad the hoodie still isn't in cleveland.

System yes. Drafting and FA acquisition yes too.

Belichick still in Cleveland, eh realistically no especially with that three year death sentence but just pretending that didn't happen still probably a long shot.

Belichick used to drive Bernie nuts, they'd be in a critical drive and Bill would be over with the D guys. Still Belichick learned his craft well...cheating included. :lol:

They just said rookie QBs are 5-1 so far this year? But I also say check the opponents but still that's unreal. Most rookies used to get creamed.....but then again they're way more prepared in college now too.

Anyone else want to guess?

We haven't had a correct answer yet.

C'mon.....

I'll give you a hint.

Why did the Giants beat them in the super bowl when they didn't lose a football game all season to that point?

Another hint.

Why did Brady look mortal during that super bowl?

C'mon.....

I'll give you a hint.

Why did the Giants beat them in the super bowl when they didn't lose a football game all season to that point?

Another hint.

Waiting on pins and needles for your know-it-all answer.... Oh please enlighten us.

Waiting on pins and needles for your know-it-all answer.... Oh please enlighten us.

I'm going to bed, I'll get it tomorrow ;)

Brady is a factor.but defense wins championships. As the NYG did in SB to Denver last seasons playoff game..Get in Brady's face & sometime plant it (legally). you got under 4 seconds..

Get in Brady's face & sometime plant it (legally). you got under 4 seconds..

Thank You.

PASS PROTECTION!!!

When a Patriots QB takes a shot gun snap he gets to STAND THERE!

He gets to pick out an individual fan to throw the ball at if no receiver ever gets open. And the Patriots don't generally have ALL WORLD receivers. They have NFL caliber receivers. If they have enough time almost any NFL caliber receiver will get open. And the same can be said of the QB. If you give them enough time they'll throw a nice spiral to a wide open receiver. - pitch & catch.

As Joe Banner said, the name of today's football game is Pass And Rush The Passer.

If you can keep the opponent from being able to rush the passer, then your team can win games.

Put Tom Brady behind the blockers that we've had since Tom came into the league and he doesn't get a bust in the HOF!

C'mon.....

I'll give you a hint.

Another hint.

Pass rush in his face.

Stability, a coach and coordinator that are smart enough to emphasize a player's talents without compromising the structure of the scheme, and reliable offensive teammates who perform their jobs.

Bill doesn't ask his players to be Pro-Bowl caliber players at each level. He doesn't ask every lineman to hold a block for 10 seconds every play, he doesn't ask every runningback to average 10 YPC, he doesn't ask his receivers to all be Megatron. He asks them to be accountable and to play within the confines of the play structure. It's not rocket science and it's not because of cheating, luck or anything else. They execute their offensive system to perfection, because it's an offense that has been in NE for 20 years.

The system is bigger than the players, which is also why you see the NE WR corps change every two years with no noticeable drop off. It's why you see them perform with any QB at the helm, regardless of their physical attributes. Their three QB's are vastly different in terms of physical attributes, but they are all smart and efficient and take what the defense gives them, rather than forcing something that isn't there. They play within the confines of the offense.

The last time a Browns QB did that? First quarter of the Ravens game last week.

Dumbest thread ever award goes here...

:lol:

And did you ever see those clock drills where QBs get the ball away in less than 1.5 seconds, some way less than that? The object OBVIOUSLY is to negate or lessen the effect of a brutal pass rush.

Now TRUE I'd rather have a good pass and run blocking line and great DEs on the other side of the ball but it takes a team to win.....or did Hillary say that?

But it does start up front first (especially if you want a long passing game).

Archived