THE BROWNS BOARD

Scooby Waived

Zombo

Hughes? Wow. Thought the previous admin gave him a fairly decent contract. He wasn't living up to it on the bench, that's for sure.

I guess they feel they are getting more from Paea and this Holmes kid who looked pretty active Sunday.

Zombo

Boooooo!!!!!! Fuck.

I personally do not see him passing waivers....but...Oh, wait:

Any player waived is up for grabs in the order of the last draft. Thus Browns have dibs #2 on any waived player, right? (after Tits).

Does this include their own players....or must Scooby pass through the waiver process of all 32 teams before we can put him on our PS?

Hughes..Figured trouble was brewing on Sunday as inactive. As Gilbert, personal reasons popping up at camp season are always suspicious. But the D line performance looked better without him week 2 than with him on week 1. Keep the good gel rolling.. Good Luck John.. Scooby..Watch Zona. they wanted him. With Scoobs bad wheels & slow speed (knees) he's no better than what Tabor has on ST. Scoob can blitz & Tackle but again our major problem is covering backs & TE's. Scoob may not be that guy either.. not sure if the 2nd Punter still on our PS? But I Hope Scooby Stays. Think Scoobs agent knows more than any of us, to get him on the field..Good Luck Scooby (hope were) Right..

I personally do not see him passing waivers....but...Oh, wait:

Any player waived is up for grabs in the order of the last draft. Thus Browns have dibs #2 on any waived player, right? (after Tits).

Does this include their own players....or must Scooby pass through the waiver process of all 32 teams before we can put him on our PS?

You claim someone on waivers they go to your main roster. So maybe we can make a waiver claim - how browns is that - but it would be kinda pointless.

must Scooby pass through the waiver process of all 32 teams before we can put him on our PS?

yes

I personally do not see him passing waivers....

neither do i. maybe there's an issue with his health, they wouldn't toss anyone with potential.

i thought Payton Jordan would go next...

Didn't the Front Office just give Hughes a new contract? I thought so! Why get rid of Scooby? Why all the draft picks if 75% are waived, busts, or traded?

All I know is the Browns "Brain Trust" is Brain-Dead!

Go Cody Kessler! Coleman and Crowell!

Miami ....34

Browns 27

Didn't the Front Office just give Hughes a new contract? I thought so! Why get rid of Scooby? Why all the draft picks if 75% are waived, busts, or traded?

All I know is the Browns "Brain Trust" is Brain-Dead!

Go Cody Kessler! Coleman and Crowell!

Miami ....34

Browns 27

The past administration gave Hughes a new contract ... so, some misplaced criticism there.

Scooby is safely back on the practice squad ... he's a 7th round pick, no need to hit the panic button there.

Go everybody! ... But I'm going to predict you to lose?

OK.

Zombo

"Browns LB Scooby Wright cleared waivers. The Browns signed him to the practice squad at his same weekly salary of $26,470, per source." - Pro FootballTalk

Did they boot the 2nd Punter to make room on PS or whom?

The past administration gave Hughes a new contract ... so, some misplaced criticism there.

Scooby is safely back on the practice squad ... he's a 7th round pick, no need to hit the panic button there.

Go everybody! ... But I'm going to predict you to lose?

OK.

Zombo

The Sausage King will find a place for sure. I thought he was viable for us. But, as noted, he wasn't the current FO's guy, so he was expendable.

How is Stepen Paea better?

(FYI....yes, I liked Hughes. Not only did I give him what I think is a good nickname...taken from a Ferris Buehler character (directed by John Hughes)....but I also happen to have a first cousin whose name is John Hughes (though we called him Jack)/

And my uncle's name was John Deere. (also went by Jack)

Zombo

Not sure what happened with Hughes, but something was up.....he was #1 starter for a while.....then was missing from camp for "personal" reasons, that were never disclosed.....then immediately demoted to 2nd string.....then to inactive.....then cut....

There's a story here....somewhere.....

surprised the FO didn't trade crow or duke to minn for a 6th rounder........

They may be looking JT.. Minn. Lost LT for year also..JT close to home & 10,000 lakes,,Hard to say No?

They may be looking JT.. Minn. Lost LT for year also..JT close to home & 10,000 lakes,,Hard to say No?

yeah saw that. wow. that move would take some serious balls. might lose half the fanbase. not saying that it might not make sense but JT is one of those 'untouchables', if you will. wonder if minn has anything left to offer?

Archived