THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Tuesday

The Gipper

Here are today's survey questions. Give your answers/opinions:

1. Question from the radio early this morning:

A. Of all the team nicknames from the 4 major sports (NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL), which say 3-5 in your opinion are the "strongest" nicknames, i.e the ones that depict the most energy, power, strength.

B. And then tell which ones depict the lamest, weakest imagery.

2. Speaking of nicknames, the Browns just acquired "Clipboard Jesus". Charlie Whitehurst, backup QB, give that name because of his hair and his appearance. Name like the 3-5 best nicknames for an NFL player in history that you can think of.

3. A. Name who you think are the worst NFL announcers (play by play, color, analysts, whatever)

B. Name who you think are the best NFL announcers.

4. Browns players keep biting the dust...as is typical this century. So, who will be next to suffer some kind of debilitating injury?

5. What is the most overrated or most disappointing tourist attraction that you have been to.

A. Of all the team nicknames from the 4 major sports (NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL), which say 3-5 in your opinion are the "strongest" nicknames, i.e the ones that depict the most energy, power, strength.

Browns, Cavaliers, Indians

Steelers, Pistons, Yankees

2. Speaking of nicknames, the Browns just acquired "Clipboard Jesus". Charlie Whitehurst, backup QB, give that name because of his hair and his appearance. Name like the 3-5 best nicknames for an NFL player in history that you can think of.

Scott "Bloodbath" Solomon

Robert L. "Stonewall" Jackson

Eddie "The Assassin" Johnson

Dick "Bam Bam" Ambrose

3. A. Name who you think are the worst NFL announcers (play by play, color, analysts, whatever)

Joe Buck and Chris Collinsworth

Dick Enberg and Don Criqui

4. Browns players keep biting the dust...as is typical this century. So, who will be next to suffer some kind of debilitating injury?

Really, you want us to predict a Browns injury?

5. What is the most overrated or most disappointing tourist attraction that you have been to.

Don't know if I have ever been disappointed.

Avalanche, Titans, Grizzlies, Pistons, Hurricanes

Maple Leafs, Blue Jackets, Knicks... not sure our name conjures any image...

"Sweetness", "Nigerian Nightmare", "Prime Time", "Tyler Rose", "Night Train"

McDonaugh/Gruden are shooting up (or down) this chart...

Michaels/Collinsworth keep my attention...

Not going there...

Diamondhead... long ass, dusty climb/walk to a crowded, unspectacular view.

Two of the best long walks I've taken:

• Footpaths connecting Italy's "Cinque Terre" from Riomaggiore at the south end to Monterosso at the north start with sidewalk which slowly yield in increments to a narrow goat path. Spectacular views at every turn...

cinqueterre_small.jpg

• Turnberry's Ailsa course...

TurnberryResortScotlandTheAilsaChampions

My own answers:

I am going for something more than just scary animals.

You have to admit "The Suns" is a name that puts off lot of energy.

the Carolina Hurricane

Thunder (OK City) and Lightning (Tampa)

Houston Rockets.

"The Avalanche" is a scary, powerful natural phenomena.

I mean, the White Sox, and Red Sox......are socks. Teams named after articles of clothing are lame names.

Columbus Bluejackets.

The Knicks.....short for Knickerbockers....rolled up pants.

Here are a few good ones I like:

Andre Bad Moon Rison

Lance "Bambi" Alworth

John The Diesel Riggins

Ted The Mad Stork Hendrix

Dick "Night Train" Lane

John "The Sausage King" Hughes. (this one was of my own making)

Rodney Harrison....harsh, grating vocal quality. Like scratching fingernails on a backboard.

Charles Woodson....some of the same qualities as Harrison, very harsh tone of speaking. It makes me uncomfortable listening to him.

Ryan Clark....almost the opposite of the above 2.....his voice is cloying, saccharine, insipid.

Doug Dieken....honestly, never thought he was a good announcer.

But I love Dieken's partner Jim Donovan. National level: the pros pros: Al Michaels, Costas, Nantz,

While he can be over the top I like Kevin Harlan.

Probably, Joe Haden. Has put together good games after coming off injury. Browns bad luck says he is the one to suffer.

Legoland, near San Diego. Took kids when they were smaller. Yes, they did some cool stuff with Legos....but just looking at those things didn't justify the time or price it cost to go there.

Pennsylvania Dutch Country. Just a place to take a mediocre shopping spree. Ohio Amish country is better.

Overall I am very tolerant of the things and places I see.

Ha- soccer it has to be Arsenal.

NFL? Who's afraid of a Dolphin? MLB? Mets? Do they sell insurance?

They're both dead. Curt Gowdy (dumbest) & Myron "The Dope" Cope. (Most abrasive voice).

Retired- Merlin Olsen.

5. What is the most overrated or most disappointing tourist attraction that you have been to. Been to?

Probably WallDrug. Took a pass on Reptile Gardens. ? Hell's Half Acre in Wyoming resembles a garbage dump.

Ha- soccer it has to be Arsenal.

NFL? Who's afraid of a Dolphin? MLB? Mets? Do they sell insurance?

They're both dead. Curt Gowdy (dumbest) & Myron "The Dope" Cope. (Most abrasive voice).

Retired- Merlin Olsen.

Actualy Merlin Olsen also deceased.

5. What is the most overrated or most disappointing tourist attraction that you have been to. Been to?

Probably WallDrug. Took a pass on Reptile Gardens. Hell's Half Acre in Wyoming resembles a garbage dump.

I went by it once. Stopped for about 10 seconds. You are right. Really nothing there to see.

(but I don't think Wall Drug disappointed. It was what I thought it was....a huge tacky tourist trap. No false advertisement there)

Horta edit: But according to their billboards- "Wall Drug, a National Treasure?" LOL, ranks right up there with Mount Rushmore and the Grand Canyon. :)

Archived