THE BROWNS BOARD

Cam Erving gone for a while with bruised lung

darren15

As someone said, Perhaps addition by subtraction. McCown was being pressured up the middle all day because Erving could not contain the very average or below DTs that were in front of him. (the exact opposite of what Flacco faced...he had NO pressure in his face at all, and MCC had pressure in his face all day).

And did you see what he did on the play in which he got hurt? It is laughable, really. He was running down field and instead of blocking the guy in front of him he did a full body lunge and landed square on his face. It was cartoonish. The guy he was trying to block just stepped aside like he was a matador, allowing Erving to go splat. Erving was totally responsible for his injury as he didn't even touch the guy, not one bit.

i hope he recovers from his injury, gosh, no one wants someone hurt on purpose so a replacement can come in and try to do better but erving is terrible, he was god awful last yr at the guard position and he is terrible at center. Hope he gets well soon though...

i hope he recovers from his injury, gosh, no one wants someone hurt on purpose so a replacement can come in and try to do better but erving is terrible, he was god awful last yr at the guard position and he is terrible at center. Hope he gets well soon though...

I think he is at best backup material, unless he vastly improves beyond what it appears that he is capable of.

Z you can run a 5.1 in a 40? ;) Greco to C & the new right side of OL will see every test coming from Miami Sunday. Fly Crow Fly & Dink with Duke.. (wonder if our new NT Pena, from skins also lined up on this guy. then put the word in)

Z you can run a 5.1 in a 40? ;) Greco to C & the new right side of OL will see every test coming from Miami Sunday. Fly Crow Fly & Dink with Duke..

If the season plays to Hoyle, Greco snaps his leg on the first play and this guy who has never taken a snap is separating Suh from Kessler.

Zombo

YES!...

Cause the FO wasn't smart enough to know we desperately needed OL in FA or the draft.....but now they do! :)

yep. and center should be a top pick. those who said fuck mack, let him walk, i'm sure are sticking their feet in their mouth right about now.

If the season plays to Hoyle, Greco snaps his leg on the first play and this guy who has never taken a snap is separating Suh from Kessler.So Kessler gets killed in the first quarter, clipboard Jesus in the second, and TP runs around in the backfield out of WildDawg for the entire second half. Awesome.

Zombo

yep. and center should be a top pick. those who said fuck mack, let him walk, i'm sure are sticking their feet in their mouth right about now.

Well, Mack wanted out, but the tape said Erving was getting run over. Did the FO think weight training was going to turn him into Superman?

Did you guys read the film breakdown article of our first drive? Man, Cam Erving literally missed EVERY SINGLE BLOCK. I absolutely HATE kicking a man when he's down, and you guys know how I feel about my FSU boys, but Cam's play has been so completely awful...nobody can defend him. The false start on the 4th and 2? Jesus man. Listen, there is NO GUARANTEE that we pick up that first down, and I believe our punt forced bad field position, but still...that penalty may have taken points off the board. Points that we obviously needed.

The other play that possibly took points off the board is when Cam was called for the illegal man downfield. Now look, I COMPLETELY understand that it was a bang bang play, and Cam thought the QB was running, BUT...it was like 3rd and 25. 3rd and 25!!!! The QB probably isn't running, RIGHT? Josh threw a pass that he probably shouldn't have, BUT we actually got the incredible bounce needed for Higgins to catch the ball and secure the first down. I don't remember where we would've been, but 25 yards or so is a huge chunk, and what a momentum builder! (I think it was 3rd and 25...might've been 3rd and 20, but whatever).

Bottom line, if our OL remains healthy for the next month, I wouldn't expect to see Cam Erving back into the starting lineup. I just wouldn't. His mistakes are just too massive.

Did the coaching staff FO think weight training was going to turn him into Superman?

Fixed... Cam is the staff's now and he just looks heavier to me, not stronger. And he's not carrying the added weight all that well.

Did you guys read the film breakdown article of our first drive? Man, Cam Erving literally missed EVERY SINGLE BLOCK. I absolutely HATE kicking a man when he's down, and you guys know how I feel about my FSU boys, but Cam's play has been so completely awful...nobody can defend him.

Any thoughts on his line calls?

Speaking of line calls, I read everywhere that it's a QB's job to call protections, but clearly a center gets involved in some of that too. To make it easier for a rookie QB would the center not take on more of that responsibility?

1st center off the board was Ryan Kelly to Colts at 18..3 picks behind C. Coleman at #15..Nick Martin was next at #50 to Houston(Ogbah #32) Max Tuerk went #66 to S.D. right after Nassib pick. You can give up Shon Coleman #76 if you like G/C Isaac Seumalo to Philly at #79. Or of course give up Kessler at #93 for C Graham Glasco to Lions at #95.....Getting Stephen Wiesnewski now with Jags was our FA option or just ask Tourma about missing out on C Mitch Morse last season, losing out to Tia's guy Nate Orchard..Don't hate on me, but that's the facts Jack :ph34r: (Truth is Ray Farmer=You don't draft a 1st round C/bla/blabla that you scouted 5 college games at the C position)

Archived