THE BROWNS BOARD

Cam Erving gone for a while with bruised lung

darren15

Have you missed the games?

Z

Hey, I'm on a positive kick don't ya know Z. :) I've yet to watch the TV replay- got home around 9. But it sure looked like most of the pressure on McCown was coming right up the middle. I did watch Joe Thomas on a couple of plays- and it was obvious to see why he's a perennial Pro Bowler. Those qb pressures weren't his fault.

Would you be upset if I started calling Erving another potential first round stiff? Sounds like Greco to center, and Drango moves into the starting lineup. Shon Coleman wasn't even active Sunday.

I talked to Donnie (the guy I'm going to visit in Tampa) and he said it was obvious on TV that Josh was pretty dinged up. Not so obvious at the game. Like it told Mark- you could just feel the momentum swing in the second quarter, and the start of the third. It was like man can we please hold on, or even better score? That in my book isn't being negative.

I talked to Donnie (the guy I'm going to visit in Tampa) and he said it was obvious on TV that Josh was pretty dinged up. Not so obvious at the game. Like it told Mark- you could just feel the momentum swing in the second quarter, and the start of the third. It was like man can we please hold on, or even better score? That in my book isn't being negative.

well..you could tell watching on TV that the momentum had changed the second the extra point was blocked and run back for 2 points. There was no question that Josh was more than dinged up (something else you can see on TV) from the end of the very first drive. Dude has a ton of guts hanging in there all game long and damn near led the team to a win.

I didn't think there was any chance he was coming back after the first trip to the locker room. Must have shot him up with some good stuff. I'd like to see a video of him trying to get out of bed tomorrow morning.

Hey, I'm on a positive kick don't ya know Z. :) I've yet to watch the TV replay- got home around 9. But it sure looked like most of the pressure on McCown was coming right up the middle. I did watch Joe Thomas on a couple of plays- and it was obvious to see why he's a perennial Pro Bowler. Those qb pressures weren't his fault.

Would you be upset if I started calling Erving another potential first round stiff? Sounds like Greco to center, and Drango moves into the starting lineup. Shon Coleman wasn't even active Sunday.

He hasn't played well, Larry, some guys get it and some guys don't. I don't know if this kid will ever get it.

Did you watch Corey Coleman today?

He was drafted by the current adminstration. I can only assume you are as excited as I am.

I AM VERY FUCKING EXCITED.

Looks like we nailesd one. I'm sure you agree. Cool, right?

Z

-- Love the new admin

He hasn't played well, Larry, some guys get it and some guys don't. I don't know if this kid will ever get it.

Did you watch Corey Coleman today?

He was drafted by the current adminstration. I can only assume you are as excited as I am.

I AM VERY FUCKING EXCITED.

Looks like we nailesd one. I'm sure you agree. Cool, right?

Z

-- Love the new admin

Sure, Coleman made some very tough catches in traffic. :) If this was his coming out party, very happy. Just need to see this on a regular basis. Nassib, Ogbah, Schobert, and Kindred look to be good to very good, and at least not the stiffs we've seen all too often in the past. Heck even Orchard and Shelton played well.

Need I mention- at least in the first quarter, the o-line was actually opening up visible running lanes for a change. It will probably be a day or two before I can review the game- but after Sunday- where is the Coon Dawg? I think that's mostly where we disagree. As long as the hits outweigh the misses we're heading in the right direction. I definitely think there's been a few misses along the road since the new FO took over. I just won't bring them up now and get all pissy about them.

If we can keep McCown in one piece for a few more games- just think what the WR group is going to look like when Gordon gets back. THAT might get me excited.

If we can keep McCown in one piece for a few more games- just think what the WR group is going to look like when Gordon gets back. THAT might get me excited.

They do an MRI this morning on that shoulder. I suspect we will not like the results. Josh is one tough MF.

They do an MRI this morning on that shoulder. I suspect we will not like the results. Josh is one tough MF.

MRI results show Josh McCown has no bones and is actually just a tackling dummy with a jugs machine on one side.

i agree with Mark, on the broadcast it was clear the team and the fans were totally flat after the blocked fg/safety. someone needed to get off their ass and start a crowd wave or dj some inspiration to all the people there. it was like everyone was under a spell. it was maddening

where was that lazy and uninspired Pumpkinhead? off drunk fucking the BoneLady??

needed a guy like the jets fireman w the megaphone to snap the team awake and put wind back in the sails...or beyter yet just keep it there. everyone in the stands just went to sleep. like a loud mouth that gets punched in the mouth and shuts up with shock. truly pathetic display. they really don't know how to win. like the hilarious Cle press, who doesn't know how to question. the losing culture is everywhere, and is clearly really hard to change. but I digress.

not singling you out Hoorta but yesterday fans were HORRIBLE 12th men. on Jim Browns day? at a home opener? bunch of fucking slugs. i blame the fans. and the millionaires. and the Harbaughs. and Ozzie. fuck em all.

Guess? Separated shoulder? Torn something or other? At least it's not his throwing arm.

If he's not 100%, you sit him- for his own good. The Miami defensive front 4 would use him for a Pinata.

not singling you out Hoorta but yesterday fans were HORRIBLE 12th men. on Jim Browns day? at a home opener? bunch of fucking slugs. i blame the fans. and the millionaires. and the Harbaughs. and Ozzie. fuck em all.

It's been that way ever since the return, with a few exceptions. Different crowd from the old stadium, where it sounded like a High School rooting section. Now? Ah, I'd rather text on my cellphone, and check how my fantasy team is doing. :(

As I mentioned- far too many fans from opposing teams invading our home. That won't change until we're winning on a consistent basis. I had to restrain the nephew from getting into a fight with a Ravens fan.

As someone said, Perhaps addition by subtraction. McCown was being pressured up the middle all day because Erving could not contain the very average or below DTs that were in front of him. (the exact opposite of what Flacco faced...he had NO pressure in his face at all, and MCC had pressure in his face all day).

And did you see what he did on the play in which he got hurt? It is laughable, really. He was running down field and instead of blocking the guy in front of him he did a full body lunge and landed square on his face. It was cartoonish. The guy he was trying to block just stepped aside like he was a matador, allowing Erving to go splat. Erving was totally responsible for his injury as he didn't even touch the guy, not one bit.

Shon is a RT and to my knowledge was dealing with some nagging injuries that cost him in camp and pre season.

To be honest when we drafted a tackle in the third round I kinda expected him to be challenging for the starting spot by now. Hopefully the injuries are just coincidence, and not a thing with him.

Archived