THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade for Derek Anderson

domcucch1994

DA isn't moving, but I genuinely think there's something interesting brewing up in New England. A lot of decent rumors (not Bob's blog sites) are reporting they like Brissett and could dangle Jimmy G. out there for a high price.

While obviously waiting to hear about the shoulder further and seeing hopefully one more start, the option to invest high (i.e. first round pick) on him is interesting to say the least. Of course, it's pretty fair to look at the Brady bunch of back-ups and realize none turned into studs as well. What's nice about Jimmy G though is that he two years left on his deal. That's an extended period of time to see what we got without having to pay him like say a Brock Osweiler.

Austin Davis is currently third string in Denver.

Beat me to it Chris. :) Pryor could be a qb stopgap. Certainly no worse than the other retreads that are out there. If Josh is going to be out for an extended period- that's my take. Activate Hulk Hogan, Start Kessler, Pryor emergency backup.

After yesterday's mess, the last thing we need to do is bring in another QB so we can dump his body in the lake after the game.

2 QB's in 2 games is all I need to see to know that this season is lost (which we knew, and maybe a good reason we didn't go after Wentz). With this OL blocking as good as a stiff wind, what decent QB would want to play here right now? Did you guys see Kessler on the sideline, he looked like he was scared shitless on the sideline.

We had some moments yesterday that should be giving us some hope. Let's hope this FO can get us a OLine and then a QB.

We have a thread wishing we could get Derek Anderson and another thread regretting firing Pettine.

Get me off this crazy train.

--

And we still have 3 capable QBs on the roster even with RG and McCown out, no need to panic and sign somebody.

Just who the fuck are these 3 QBs you are talking about?

A. Pryor no longer a QB....leave him alone, except for the occasional trick play.

B. Kessler and Hogan by NO means "capable".

Just who the fuck are these 3 QBs you are talking about?

A. Pryor no longer a QB....leave him alone, except for the occasional trick play.

B. Kessler and Hogan by NO means "capable".

We have 3 guys who have at some point played the position of quarterback.

We started the season with RG3 - who really fuckin cares who we throw out there at QB when the bar is that low anyway.

Unless Jimmy Clausen is going to come in and throw 40 TDs and save our season and get us to the playoffs.

We have 3 guys who have at some point played the position of quarterback.

I played QB on my 6th grade football team....you think that I could be signed?

And, actually, no, 2 of those guys have never played qb in an NFL game.

We started the season with RG3 - who really fuckin cares who we throw out there at QB when the bar is that low anyway.

Griffin had some promise, though I think that has all dissipated.

Unless Jimmy Clausen is going to come in and throw 40 TDs and save our season and get us to the playoffs.

Of everyone mentioned above, Clausen would be like the last guy I would want.

I might bring back Jamarcus Russell before I would want him.

I agree. Been saying it for two years. I'm so shocked and completely numb right now. I literally can't even make a statement about my team. And now Nassib having surgery? I...just...can't...

Ya, I care more about keeping a 3rd round pick than trading for a back up QB to salvage what was going to end up being an at best 4-12 season.

Damn pragmatist...

Welcome back, HB...

I did another thread on this. No, I don't think this team will trade for a QB, but these names may be had just for signing:

Tavaris Jackson

Jimmy Clausen

Matt Flynn

Josh Freeman

Chad Henne

Ryan Lindley

Mike Vick

Charlie Whitehurst

TJ Yates.

Henne is in JAX. But yeah, all of those guys suck.

The Panthers would NEVER trade Derek Anderson, as a backup that can move the ball and score points in invaluable in the NFL...especially for a contender. It can literally mean the difference between going to the playoffs, or just missing them.

Derek wouldn't be a good player (in my opinion) on a bad team, but I think he's more than capable filling in as a backup on a quality roster. I drool thinking about DA throwing deep balls to Josh because that's one thing he can really do, and Josh can get deep on ya.

I'd do anything to have a magical year again like 2007. I know we choked and missed the playoffs, but that's the most fun I've had watching a Browns team in ages. Still pissed the refs didn't give Winslow that touchdown catch against Cardinals. If we were at Cleveland, they would've given it to us.

Why not Aaron Rodgers. Maybe the Packers will trade him since this entire thread is fucking fantasyland anyways.

Maybe go fuck yourself cause I wasn't talking about the "Cream of the Crop" of quarterbacking.

Sending draft picks for an aging backup looking for a chance to start over again and lead this team to some wins is what I was going for..

Oh but I forgot, winning is for "next year" when comes to the true, diehard fans right?

Archived