THE BROWNS BOARD

positives from a crushing loss

LBC mike

He had all day with a 5 or 6 or 7 man rush as well

I can't believe the ratbirds oline didn't get at least 9 flagrant oling holding calls.

that apparently isn't a flag this year. At least not for the better teams in the nfl.

I mean, look at the helmet to helmet hits on Cam Newton vs Denver.

No ejections.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised by the comments on defending the run and our linebackers. Short term memory? Do you not remember our inability to set the edge and those 150+ rushing yards against us last year? But I'm not a football guru so can someone look up the ave. and rank vs. last year.

It's more situational. When Philly needed to run the ball they did and Baltimore was down early and we couldn't stop their passing attack so they didn't need to run. In the 4th quarter when they ran the ball effectively and at that point our defense was probably exhausted but those are how I've seen the first two this season. Last year was terrible but I don't see this year as being good, just not as bad.

I'm surprised by the comments on defending the run and our linebackers. Short term memory? Do you not remember our inability to set the edge and those 150+ rushing yards against us last year?

Yeah...I remember.....like it was just last week....oh wait, it was.....

Since "last year" I watched 4 preseason games where we ranked dead last against the run....then I watched a bad team rip our ass last week for 130+yards rushing....so 'since last year" Ive seen exactly 1 game that we looked somewhat competent against the run....and that game was today(or at least 1/2 a game)....

so, no, Im not gonna take one decent game and declare this run D "vastly improved" or anything like that, especially being just 1 week removed from an embarrassing defensive performance(run and pass)......

Well at least Danny looked like he belonged out there today.

I am beginning to have hope that he will live up to where he was drafted. He has a long way to go, but he's looking better for sure.

I wish we were seeing this growth with our QB of the future under center. Even if these guys start gelling, they need a QB to lead them. If we draft our guy, it'll take 1-2 more years of losing to get him up to speed...

Other than that, I see a few playmakers starting to emerge and it just feels different than past regimes.

Honestly, the two main things to take away this week are.

1) We have playmakers on this team and the start of the game showed what even a competent QB can bring with Hue's offense. Coleman, TP, Duke, and Crow all showed good things today. And we still get back arguably a top 10 WR talent in the league in two weeks. I know we stalled hard, but I think a fair argument can be made that was the result of McCown playing hurt.

2) The defense still has a ways to go, but showed improvement from last week.That's literally all I want to see week in and week out with this squad. Demario Davis and Joe Haden balled out today. The next improvement I hope is getting to the QB. I really hope Nassib is okay, to lose him and the growth opportunities would be a big bummer.

I was at the game today. I sit in the endzone so I have the view of the all-22.

The defense looked a lot better against the run for sure. The huge running lanes were not there for the turds.The defense looked faster then before. They ran sideline to sideline. Hell even the CB's were in there diving at blockers to disrupt the outside runs.

They couldn't cover the TE though. He was killing them. They also had very little pass rush.

All and all, it was a decent effort on defense. Must get more pressure though.

Our offensive line sucks balls and our defense sucks bad well.

Shouldn't have let 2 pro bowlers walk

I promised I wouldn't live in the past BB. That's water over the dam.

Well...Cam Erving must have had a big game!!!....cause I kept hearing his name...over and over....which is uber rare for a center......

I also promised I would would try not to be negative- but. Erving was taken to the hospital- suffering from a bruised ego. Haven't watched the TV version yet- but at the game it looked like all the pressure on McCown was coming right up the middle. My pal who was at home said he saw Cam get flat out pancaked.

On a positive note- the Joes- Haden and Thomas both had great games. Coleman looks like he can play.

Well at least Danny looked like he belonged out there today.

Agreed....yesterday was far and away his best game as a Brown.....dont look now, but he already has like 12 stops, which puts him on track to triple his tackle totals from last year.......

Id say he was THE difference in our run defense yesterday.....with a solid assist from Davis and Kirksey(who is playing great)

Agreed....yesterday was far and away his best game as a Brown.....dont look now, but he already has like 12 stops, which puts him on track to triple his tackle totals from last year.......

Id say he was THE difference in our run defense yesterday.....with a solid assist from Davis and Kirksey(who is playing great)

As I said elsewhere we are a great pass rusher away. Please God let us be in position to get Garrett (via Philly hopefully). Put on a dominant show against Auburn @ Auburn Sat. McShay was having an orgasm over him in the broadcast booth.

Does he have any drinking problems and/or date mentally ill whores?

He writes poetry, loves dinosaurs and wants to start his own museum. He "eschews" (his word) social media. Parents are educators. 1st class guy from a 1st class family.

PS-loves to lead by example and feels no play should ever be taken off if you are on the field. He is not pulling a Clowney "no risk" final year.

As I said elsewhere we are a great pass rusher away. Please God let us be in position to get Garrett (via Philly hopefully). Put on a dominant show against Auburn @ Auburn Sat. McShay was having an orgasm over him in the broadcast booth.

Our D is more than a great pass rusher away. The back end gets destroyed more that, well, your mother's? Smack talk is amazing. Someone like a Jalen Ramsay would be really good. Haden is solid enough but the combination of Taylor and Williams is not getting it done at CB, and while Kindred and Campbell are solid looking players, they're both hitters, we're still missing the free safety with all the clichés - center fielder, ball hawk, roaming playmaker etc - and Jordan Poyer is not that guy.

That being said, a great pass rusher would be most welcome. DB and edge rusher on D, RT, C and QB on O. Five players. Handy, then, that we have five picks in the first 3 rounds. QB, Edge, RT, DB, C in that order.

He writes poetry, loves dinosaurs and wants to start his own museum. He "eschews" (his word) social media. Parents are educators. 1st class guy from a 1st class family.

Well gee willy Tex, maybe if you're lucky he'll ask you to the big dance this weekend?

PS-loves to lead by example and feels no play should ever be taken off if you are on the field. He is not pulling a Clowney "no risk" final year.

After being drafted by the Browns: "I love dinosaurs, poetry,......and COCAINE!"- Myles Garrett

Sorry guys pissed off and drunk after our loss didn't expect to get jumped on like that.

I tailgated, was jacked up after scoring 3 TDs in a row - then we blew it in spectacular fashion

our indoctrination is truly impressive. the refs conducted a fine loss and like good Patsys we just think the team just sucks lol

No coincidence there... A NT making plays, demanding attention (and disrupting that attention) is a ILB's best friend.

So please don't make us hate Garrett before the draft gets here...

Opps... may be too late already...

Well gee willy Tex, maybe if you're lucky he'll ask you to the big dance this weekend?

;)

No coincidence there... A NT making plays, demanding attention (and disrupting that attention) is a ILB's best friend.

So please don't make us hate Garrett before the draft gets here...

Opps... may be too late already...

;)

No matter what I say he will still be a secret the Browns won't know about. :lol: They obviously did not get my message about Dak. :mad:

Archived