THE BROWNS BOARD

Carl Nassib

TopDawg31

The thing that we have right now is that it looks like at least three of sashi and co's picks are going to pan out. Too early to say but Coleman, Nassib and ogbah all look promising. When was the last time we hit on one draft pick much less three?

Id say you could probably throw Schobert in there too

How about our pair of 4th rounders at Safety. Campbell-2015...and Kindred-2016 both looking good! ?

The thing that we have right now is that it looks like at least three of sashi and co's picks are going to pan out. .... all look promising.

When was the last time we hit on one draft pick much less three?

hmmm...how about the last 2 years??

Shelton, Orchard, Duke, Cooper and Campbell....2015

Bitonio, Kirksey and Crow.....2014

Id say most of these guys look promising too.....

And if we're judging after just 2 games....throw in Terrence West, Pierre Desir and Charles Gaines for good measure(as they all had us excited early, as well)....

Lots of young talent that could develop.....

And not trying to be a downer, cause I like these guys, but OIgbah and Schobert haven't really shown much yet, if you're asking me...(schobert 2 tackles-2 games....& Ogbah has 3)

And let's not forget Scott 'Bloodbath' Solomon, our secret weapon.

i was just reminiscing about him too. lol

easy come easy go.

regarding rookie production...Higgins grabbing up a fumble is absolute par. or should be. requires pop warner level awareness. Moore would have. Gabe would have. Hartline definitely would have. so Hollywood who took their spots had better too(!). on a bad note i do suspect he ran the wrong route and is responsible for that McCown INT. Josh was helmet-slamming-pissed. i loved seeing the Tom Brady-tantrum-level of caring about winning.

there's a lot i like about this team.

on topic Nassib has stood out in all 6 games. as has Derek Kindred, who is a fucking stud.

it's happening...

on topic Nassib has stood out in all 6 games. as has Derek Kindred, who is a fucking stud.

Kindred got eaten alive yesterday by an old injured TE.....made a few tackles, but was burned on pass coverage repeatedly...

I like Nassib and he can be disruptive, but he still is fairly easily handled, only has 3 tackles and pretty average run stop skills.....

Yes...Kindred is a hitter.....a solid box safety(SS).....but they have been giving him FS reps and his coverage skills are really lacking.....meaning he's a one dimensional player, best suited as a SS who needs help......not a FS and not a well rounded SS....

So....while they've started better than some recent rookies, Im still not on that "these guys are GREAT" train, yet.....

Sad how low the bar is.

nobody compared him to JJ, it was a question of could he be the next JJ, by the way JJ was no JJ when he first entered the NFL, He beacme JJ by working his ass off. Something that Nassib is currently doing. Well after he heals that is. Needs to play old school, put a cast on it and play.

Better than Kruger's 0 tackles, amirite?

Well....it's only 2 games....so too early to call em great or bad.....but "technically" Kruger averaged 1.7 combined tackles per game(last season/his worst year) and Ogbah, Schobert and Nassib are a bit lower.....Og and Nassib are at 1.5 and Schobert is at 1 ....

Soooo....to answer your question.....NO......not yet....

Im certain they will be better(which aint saying much), but at this point, they aren't.....yet......which is why it's too early for so many to be saying "best draft ever".....JJ Wattish......Nassib/Ogbah are monsters, etc.etc.....

Kindred got eaten alive yesterday by an old injured TE.....made a few tackles, but was burned on pass coverage repeatedly...

I didn't think that Kindred was responsible for covering Pitta. I saw Poyer far more often out of position...plus the LBs had that assignment at least half the time, no?

I like Nassib and he can be disruptive, but he still is fairly easily handled, only has 3 tackles and pretty average run stop skills.....

He is a rookie with 1.5 games played. Give it time.

Yes...Kindred is a hitter.....a solid box safety(SS).....but they have been giving him FS reps and his coverage skills are really lacking.....meaning he's a one dimensional player, best suited as a SS who needs help......not a FS and not a well rounded SS....

So....while they've started better than some recent rookies, Im still not on that "these guys are GREAT" train, yet.....

How about, they are the best we have at this point and are doing OK and getting better train?

Kindred has stood out in every single game and he is a fucking stud, as an individual and as a football player. there's no debate there.

as you know our rookie strong safety did not exclusively cover Pitta--if that's who you meant.

old? injured?? i couldn't tell. and that beat up ancient ass was still wiley enough to eat up everyone that covered him all day including a vet w a decade of exp aka Tramon...who also did not deserve the harsh criticism some folks have piled on him (not on TBB but elsewhere).

the rookies are low hanging fruit. wanna pile on there's plenty of material in others like Poyer or your boy X Cooper. all my evals from preseason game 1 have been spot on and it's worth noting i never said they were all world, just that they stood out which is absolutely valid. ..whereas at that time i recall you defending Gilbert and praising Scoob...both of whom are no longer even on the team. just saying *jab jab* (edit: SW3 cleared waivers>>PS)

just because others are overboard doesn't put me in their box, at face value my words are accurate and not hyperbole. perhaps we should hold the starting free safety accountable for his shitty play instead of the rookie SS that is apparently expected to pick up the slack at another position that i agree is not his best skill set...or maybe the front office that didn't try harder to keep Tashaun Gipson on the team. the fact a rookie SS is even covering a TE is crazy and gives us some ammo to shoot at the DC for scheme and responsibility or Sashi for roster. the wet blanket might be necessary to temper some but nitpicking guys that are getting vets cut and benched just seems...i dunno. pessimistic?

especially one that has (ONLY) 3 tackles, multiple hurries/pressures and hits, a batted down pass (or two) in only a game and a half while splitting reps. Carl Nassib's rookie production is Paul Kruger's wet dream.

i repeat Derek Kindred is a fucking stud. the dude is always near the ball, his instincts are great, his closing speed is elite, he's a sure tackler, takes great angles for a rookie and is great in space--doesn't get juked nor been denied thus far. tons to like. he gets a rookie pass on those criticisms which are frankly undeserving and unrealistic expectations for a rookie safety first off the bench in his 2nd NFL game.

obviously they are not great yet but if you deny they are capable of great things or haven't done anything great whatsoever...we can just agree to disagree.

Well....it's only 2 games....so too early to call em great or bad.....but "technically" Kruger averaged 1.7 combined tackles per game(last season/his worst year) and Ogbah, Schobert and Nassib are a bit lower.....Og and Nassib are at 1.5 and Schobert is at 1 ....

Soooo....to answer your question.....NO......not yet....

Im certain they will be better(which aint saying much), but at this point, they aren't.....yet......which is why it's too early for so many to be saying "best draft ever".....JJ Wattish......Nassib/Ogbah are monsters, etc.etc.....

screw Ogbah. he has NOT stood out every game. barely showed up at all. he was probably why the PAT got blocked which led to the safety.

Schobert has shown flashes but is hit and miss. i still have hope for him though.

Nassib being undersized isn't a knock, it's WHY what he's accomplished is so impressive. motor alone is not enough. it's his leverage, hand fighting, play recognition and football IQ that tips his scales, and once he bulks up he will only improve more.

speaking of improving, re: OL Bitonio is looking elite these days. he's arrived and poised for a monster year. wish we had his clone at RG. not sucking up, it's just what i see. and Thomas' run blocking is significantly better than before as well. our left side is set, and Greco is definitely an upgrade at Center. thank you Jeebus.

I didn't think that Kindred was responsible for covering Pitta. I saw Poyer far more often out of position...plus the LBs had that assignment at least half the time, no?

He is a rookie with 1.5 games played. Give it time.

Its about context Gip. You just said what I said. It's 1.5 games. Give it time.

How about, they are the best we have at this point and are doing OK and getting better train?

There's that context again. You are repeating my point., which is that it's too soon to be wondering if Nassib is the next JJ Watt.. Read the OP I was responding to.

Kindred has stood out in every single game and he is a fucking stud, as an individual and as a football player. there's no debate there.

as you know our rookie strong safety did not exclusively cover Pitta--if that's who you meant.

old? injured?? i couldn't tell. and that beat up ancient ass was still wiley enough to eat up everyone that covered him all day including a vet w a decade of exp aka Tramon...who also did not deserve the harsh criticism some folks have piled on him (not on TBB but elsewhere).

Ive always liked Traymon too. Defended him to the death last season, as well. AND have had good words for Kindred since game one of preseason. Just not ready, as many are, to declare these guys a "great" yet....which is exactly what I said in the post you replied to....

""""So....while they've started better than some recent rookies, Im still not on that "these guys are GREAT" train, yet."""".

the rookies are low hanging fruit. wanna pile on there's plenty of material in others like Poyer or your boy X Cooper.

Pile on???.....because I said he aint great, Im piling on???.....my boy X??....you got the wrong guy there.

all my evals from preseason game 1 have been spot on and it's worth noting i never said they were all world, just that they stood out which is absolutely valid. ..

I never said you said anything...dont get your panties in a bunch, just because I havent declared Kindred the next Ronnie Lott....

whereas at that time i recall you defending Gilbert and praising Scoob...both of whom are no longer even on the team. just saying *jab jab*

Ive never really defended their play....did stand behind Gilberts assumed talent, but always was disappointed in his play. And Scooby?....liked his personality and style of play, but again, dont recall ever claiming he played great or anything....

just because others are overboard doesn't put me in their box,

again...Ive never said o.n.e. single word about you or your opinions....ever. So, dont know what box you think Ive placed you in.....most of my replies have been about tempering enthusiasm for players who have only played one or 2 games.....sheesh

at face value my words are accurate and not hyperbole. perhaps we should hold the starting free safety accountable for his shitty play instead of the rookie SS that is apparently expected to pick up the slack at another position that i agree is not his best skill set...or maybe the front office that didn't try harder to keep Tashaun Gipson on the team. the fact a rookie SS is even covering a TE is crazy and gives us some ammo to shoot at the DC for scheme and responsibility or Sashi for roster.

Im first in line to point to Shashi's & Hues short comings....or course, when I do that, others get all twisted up and post these long diatribes(like your reply) without really taking them into context or reading what Im actually saying.....basically, if I disagree or point to any short comings of a player, it gets turned into "your stupid" and "this player sucks"...

the wet blanket might be necessary to temper some

it is....

but nitpicking guys that are getting vets cut and benched just seems...i dunno. pessimistic?

especially one that has (ONLY) 3 tackles, multiple hurries/pressures and hits, a batted down pass (or two) in only a game and a half while splitting reps. Carl Nassib's rookie production is Paul Kruger's wet dream.

So....you think 3 tackles in 2 games is enough to merit a "is he the next JJ Watt?" discussion.....cause thats what this thread is....correct???

i repeat Derek Kindred is a fucking stud. the dude is always near the ball, his instincts are great, his closing speed is elite, he's a sure tackler, takes great angles for a rookie and is great in space--doesn't get juked nor been denied thus far. tons to like. he gets a rookie pass on those criticisms which are frankly undeserving and unrealistic expectations for a rookie safety first off the bench in his 2nd NFL game.

obviously they are not great yet

OBVIOUSLY.....which is all I said.....(with a lot fewer words too)

but if you deny they are capable of great things or haven't done anything great whatsoever...we can just agree to disagree.

Ive said NOTHING of the sort......so, there's that.....

nobody compared him to JJ, it was a question of could he be the next JJ, by the way JJ was no JJ when he first entered the NFL, He beacme JJ by working his ass off. Something that Nassib is currently doing. Well after he heals that is. Needs to play old school, put a cast on it and play.

Just needs 20 more pounds of muscle and get A LOT stronger. Combine bench press Nassib 21 Watt 34

Malik Hooker would look nice in Brown.

For the few of you who don't follow OSU, he's the next first-or-second-round FS who's had at least three that I've seen already this year of center field-to-sideline INT's on deep fades.

He's "Budda Baker" plus 4 inches and 15 pounds.. Listed stats are Baker 5'10, 192, Hooker 6'2, 207.

Malik Hooker would look nice in Brown.

For the few of you who don't follow OSU, he's the next first-or-second-round FS who's had at least three that I've seen already this year of center field-to-sideline INT's on deep fades.

He's "Budda Baker" plus 4 inches and 15 pounds.. Listed stats are Baker 5'10, 192, Hooker 6'2, 207.

Hooker and Lattimore are two I'm watching. Especially the latter for CB. Unreal makeup speed.

Hooker and Lattimore are two I'm watching. Especially the latter for CB. Unreal makeup speed.

Woody says that Jabril Peppers of Meshuganan is now playing LB....instead of safety. He is only 6'1 208. Not sure that is in the best interest of his NFL career...unless he puts on 30-40 pounds.

Archived