THE BROWNS BOARD

Carl Nassib

TopDawg31

Is it too soon to think Carl Nassib could be the next JJ? His ascension into the starting lineup after one game could be a sign. Call me crazy but I have to hope that this could be our most successful draft since the Browns returned.

Of course it is obvious we were playing with a D2 college roster with the previous regime's and most needed replaced, but the future looks bright with most of our draft picks. In 3 years this teams will be a force.

Yes it is way too soon.. But, what hes been able to do thus far has been exciting.. It's sad because this year is another write off in a long line of write offs.. But, I loved the pick when we made it.If we can score a few more Nassibs .. it'll be a fun team to watch down the road... But , this ownership scares the livin crap out of Me.. I mean, this guy was part of the Rooney organization. But yeah, lets hold off on comparisons for a couple of seasons before we anoint him...

Is it too soon to think Carl Nassib could be the next JJ? His ascension into the starting lineup after one game could be a sign. Call me crazy but I have to hope that this could be our most successful draft since the Browns returned.

Of course it is obvious we were playing with a D2 college roster with the previous regime's and most needed replaced, but the future looks bright with most of our draft picks. In 3 years this teams will be a force.

There's nothing crazy about rooting for our draft picks to succeed or an early round edge rusher to pan out.

Not much was talked about nassib after last weeks game but i saw a few plays that looked like a 5 year veteran play. He still gets overpowered alot but when he can keep his arms extended and give himself a sec to disgnose the play he's seperating himself from the other rookies.

The most impressive play to me was when he held off the left tackle while sliding to his right down the los....he then disengaged and ran the ballcarrier down from behind that was going to tje opposite field. Hey guys, thats a play that kruger may have never made for us. Its the kind of play though that bosa made in college on a regular basis. Nassib not so much and i watched his tape. So om encouraged this kid is growing his game. That was my main worry about nassib is that he wasnt necessarily nfl ready yet and he needed developed, something the browns arent known for.

Just a parting thought, we could have had nassib and bosa. We still obviously neeed to see what bosa looks like but i could pleasure myself to the thought of those two guys rushing off the edge for us.

And have any of u noticed that hortons been standing nassib up too? Did u guys notice nassib take the TE and bump the fuck out of him for 5 yds before releasing him across the middle and covering him like a blanket? All things none of u thought he was capable of nor thought bosa could do either. Those two guys were hands down the top two DE's in the big ten last year and now both will be performing standup duties for their respective teams.

When nassib gets stronger and develops a bullrush to setup his aleady very good edge rush....he's going to be sick imo. Waste to put him in at 3-4 DE for anything more than spot duty.

We should have had Khalil Mack and Derek Carr wich would have set us up for Amari Cooper. Instead we had Gilbert and Johnny A$$hole so Haslam could sell season tickets and T-Shirts. When the Owner is clueless it trickles down to every person inside the organization.

Haslam sucks!

I'm going to call you crazy.......

You need to get over your Bosa boner. He's (not) playing for the chargers, of no interest to us.

I brought him because he's another big 10 DE people were so sure would never stand up. Now we're standing up carl nassib and great big shocker the athletic fuck is making a go of it.

Ok fine i still have a thing for bosa cause im a buckeye honk....fully admit it. But dont tell me a DE combo of nassib and bosa along with orchard and monty wouldnt make us all feel inexorably better about the coming win/loss record this season.

I'm going to call you crazy.......

Not the first time. Have to admit though that while we will take our lumps, this new group of rookies show more fire that any have since JT was a rookie. Sadly our only good pick since the return.

We should have had Khalil Mack and Derek Carr wich would have set us up for Amari Cooper. Instead we had Gilbert and Johnny A$$hole so Haslam could sell season tickets and T-Shirts. When the Owner is clueless it trickles down to every person inside the organization.

Haslam sucks!

We should've had Tom Brady. We should've had Ladanian Tomlinson. We should've had etc etc etc...

We should've had Tom Brady. We should've had Ladanian Tomlinson. We should've had etc etc etc...

Bingo!

I like Nassib too & some of our other rookies & young players are showing ability as well. I'll keep watching & supporting them as they are STILL with the Browns & I'll never dwell on those that were never here. That's in the past.

Mike

Nassib was our best "below the radar" pick. Besides, Mud found him first. :D

"below the radar" We got DE Ogbah at pick #32. Dodd & Jaylin Smith were next 2 picks.10 picks later, DE Jhad Ward went at #44 in 2nd round..My point is, we finally may have got some drafting luck in Nassib. Lasting 21 more picks to get him at #65. Not a DE picked after Ward at #44.. Like what i see in my man Kindred also "under the radar"..#chickencrabshoot

"below the radar" We got DE Ogbah at pick #32. Dodd & Jaylin Smith were next 2 picks.10 picks later, DE Jhad Ward went at #44 in 2nd round..My point is, we finally may have got some drafting luck in Nassib. Lasting 21 more picks to get him at #65. Not a DE picked after Ward at #44.. Like what i see in my man Kindred also "under the radar"..#chickencrabshoot

I like Kindred a lot too, but admit he was not on my radar before we drafted him.

And no im not getting over it. Not getting over watt, not getting over mack etc,etc,etc.

No browns fan should get over this dumbass drafting we've been up to for years now.

That's part of the reason I turned into a big curmudgeon the last couple months. I'm going to let that go- at least until after the draft next year. :)

Nassib is currently PFF's highest graded rookie defender after one game and 4th overall rookie. Which is nice.

Also, Jason Kelce, the Eagles' pro-bowl/all-pro center was their *lowest* graded offensive player, while Danny Shelton actually graded out well. Which is nice.

Hopefully Nassib continues to improve but unfortunately if you play like a competent starting NFL defensive end and wear a Browns jersey, you are Canton bound.

That can be said for just about every player we have that does OK to good.....cause we have gone SOOOOOOO long without greatness, that a lot of fans over react and think average/good IS great......Nassib being compared to JJ Watt is a classic example......one of the most ridiculous things Ive ever heard about a guy who only has a few games and tackles under his belt....and is deficient in so many areas.....lets just be happy he's earned the right to play on a terrible team, before we start with the HOF bullshit......thats talk for 5-8 years from now....

That can be said for just about every player we have that does OK to good.....cause we have gone SOOOOOOO long without greatness, that a lot of fans over react and think average/good IS great......Nassib being compared to JJ Watt is a classic example......one of the most ridiculous things Ive ever heard about a guy who only has a few games and tackles under his belt....and is deficient in so many areas.....lets just be happy he's earned the right to play on a terrible team, before we start with the HOF bullshit......thats talk for 5-8 years from now....

Sad how low the bar is.

He is a big guy whith a high motor who doesn't give up. I don't think his ceiling will ever be at Watt's level, but that is for time to tell us. Fact of the matter is 1 game doesn't tell us anything. I don't get why people jump to these conclusions so fast. Like last week Grossi saying that fucked up the #2 pick simply based off the first game. First games and even first seasons don't mean shit in the grand scheme of things. Hell look at RGIII now compared to his rookie season.

Archived