THE BROWNS BOARD

Sour grapes in New England

Westside Steve

Yes because the most dominate team since the Paul Brown era Browns and their 5 Lombardis are bitter about.... The Browns. Collins was a bitch and a diva in New England. The guy with all the rings sent him to the Front Office fucktards with zero rings. Of course that is why they have a half dozen Championships and the Baseball nerd, the Lawyer and the dumbass at HC couldn't win a Championship in Madden.

i think next year they are just going to put the patriots franchise in the hall of fame. HOF coach. HOF QB. HOF owner. just throw them all in and call it a wrap..

And let them go back to sucking like they did before Brady/BB got there. (though...I guess they did make a SB with Parcells and Bledsoe).

But I could have mixed emotions about that....since I think it is pretty clear that my homeboy....Josh McDaniels will take over as HC of the NEPs. He and I, born in the same town. (same hospital by name....but not the same actual building....they build a new one after I was born, but before he was).

"afternoon Bill..Henry McKenna from the PatriotsWire" Bill..."Sit Down & Shut-up we have already heard enough out of your A$$" next question

Typically what happens when a player leaves NE for the money they do not pan out.

Hope that I am wrong about Collins.

Well, you are wrong about Collins, because he didnt leave "for the money"......he left because he was traded.

Well, you are wrong about Collins, because he didnt leave "for the money"......he left because he was traded.

Bam!

Collins actually lands in a good situation... if the players around him put pressure on the backfield. Collins is a beast that is going to get paid somewhere, may as well be here with us.

This is a bizarre ass article. If someone got paid to write it, that's awesome.

Are things that dull in New England land that they have to whip up shit like this to get people talking? Yawn, our team is always good.

It's like saying nothing, except with words.

Collins was a draft steal.

Belichick and Nick Saban are best friends and Saban is always giving heads up about SEC diamonds in the rough. Collins had to be the best yet. Almost every game I would tell my cousin that he was playing lights out and made another impact play. Towards the end he wouldnt follow the game plan and free lanced on his own.

He probably went off script from BBs called defense...and maybe scored a TD when doing so?, ergo BB gets rid of him. Where have we seen this happen before.

In his fourth year out of Southern Mississippi, Collins started six of seven games for the Patriots this season, recording two interceptions and a sack. But a source tells the Boston Globe’s Ben Volin that New England was “having a lot of trouble” as it tried to negotiate a long-term contract with Collins, who was set to become a free agent after the season and turned down an $11 million offer from the Patriots.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/10/31/patriots-get-ahead-of-pending-free-agency-issues-trade-jamie-collins-to-browns/?utm_term=.cda80ad75b8a

What is it about the word trade that you dont understand.....?

Did he leave or was he sent packing?......huge difference......especially since, once a free agent, he didnt even shop.....

Doesnt sound to me like money was an issue to Collins.....but it does sound like it was important to the Pats....(again...huge difference)

....huge difference......especially since, once a free agent, he didnt even shop.....

now am spoiled. Collins even showed up at a Senior Bowl practice. Shows up at a Rookie OTA's. But supposedly Collins has no real love for the game? But he's just good at it..Hell next, I hope they come in groups of 4..

How could Collins leave on his own when he wasnt a Free Agent? NE controlled his rights until the end of the 2016 season.

Your D.. X & O guy Matt Patricia called out the roaming over know your role..Bill just becomes the card dealer at his discretion..Boooo Fagley..turn over your musket :P

Collins was traded... but so was Seymour... maybe another one or two ex-Pats mentioned, but too lazy to look... anyway the two trade circumstances seem different to me.

I think Seymour was seen as a 30-yo vet "in decline" even were it not obvious to "outsiders". IIRC many Pats' fans were mystified to irate when he was traded to OAK for 1st round pick... then they learned (again) that Bill knows his shit.

I think Collins was seen as a 26-yo continuing, if not still rising, performer who strayed enough from "his job", a/k/a "freelanced", to earn his ticket out of Foxborough when he was not judged to be worth the price he was asking to extend. We saw evidence of his freelancing with us last year... or at least I did..However, on balance his impact on our D was positive and I can't see where his loss hurt the Pats.

In both cases Bill for sure thought that the production of the traded player could be replaced.

How does the deal work out for us in the end? Dunno, but I like the odds of Collins being able to flourish under a DC who may be able to exploit his free-lancing instincts within an overall system.

and when did Barry Sanders changing direction become a bad thing??.....I thought that was the main skill that made him one of the best ever....

"change of direction".....one of the most coveted talents a RB can have.....

I know you cant point to an instance where this actually caused injury to one of his teammates(or Collins', ftm).....though I suspect he broke a few defenders ankles.....

I dont have the tape to review.

If Collins was out of position (He was) another player likely had to cover and so on and so forth. The defense runs plays just like the offense.

I understand how it might happen, but it seems like something you'd know if it has in fact happened given the statement you made... so I'll just chalk it up to bullshit.

Archived