THE BROWNS BOARD

No Rick Vaughn

letsgojackets

It would have been entertaining, I will grant you that. And baseball sometimes is a bit too stodgy. Do something like this that would entertain people....including young people. And for Christ's sake, get rid of these 4 and a half hour games....like last night.

FYI...almost all the Tribe/Jays games were done in under 3 hours.

It would have been entertaining, I will grant you that. And baseball sometimes is a bit too stodgy. Do something like this that would entertain people....including young people. And for Christ's sake, get rid of these 4 and a half hour games....like last night.

FYI...almost all the Tribe/Jays games were done in under 3 hours.

Under 3 hours? AL? Really?

Well it was true 3 of 5 games in the normally slower DH AL games because they were extremely low scoring with two shutouts and two by speedy Kluber and also Tomlin. Amazing too with all of the pitching changes by Cleveland.

3:23

3:01

2:37

2:44

2:44 ....maybe they could slow them down?

I didn't clock or really watch much NL but they did score more.

Frank Robinson

I met Gaylord Perry at a card show in the 80's. I told him I read "my first year" by Frank Robinson. In the book it's basically a diary of Franks first season as the first black manager. He was a player/manager.

In this book Gaylord Perry was traded from the Indains to the Padres. I asked Gaylord if he and Frank ever got along. He's answer was swift and direct...."if you are going to look up to that man you better think twice...he's a bad person! Next!"

Archived