THE BROWNS BOARD

Annual Prediction time

The Gipper

It is Annual Prediction Time for who makes the playoffs and goes to the Super Bowl.

AFCEast: New England. Having Brady helps. Having no real competition in that division has helped them for years....though this year Buffalo may give them a run.

AFCNorth: Baltimore. I think all three of the playoff teams from last year in this division are somewhat weaker than they were last year.....but though the Browns may be a factor, they are still probably not ready for prime time. This team has the most proven coach in my opinion.

AFCSouth: Indianapolis. Having a little "Luck" gives them the slight edge in this division.

AFCWest: San Diego. I think Peyton shows his age a bit and the Chargers could be primed to take advantage.

Wildcards: Houston and Buffalo. Both with strong defenses....something that one team they beat out (the Steelers) no longer has. Bengals fall back as well. Other challengers: Browns/Chiefs

NFCEast: Philadelphia. Though Kelly is a major whack job....I think he knows enough and now has enough to take this division.

NFCNorth: Green Bay. Aaron Rodgers, nuff said....even with a missing #1 WR.

NFCSouth: Carolina: Newton continues to improve. Losing their #1 also hurts....but only N.O. is a threat to them IMO.

NFCWest: Seattle. They continue their potential dominance. Adding Jimmy Graham helps.

Wildcards: Arizona, with Arians and a healthy Palmer (if Palmer goes down again...perhaps not so much). Minnesota. The Twat leads them to a winning record. Other challengers: Rams....if Foles steadies the QB slot...they got the D. Cowboys will revert to 9-7/8-8. Lions hurt by DL defections. Saints have Brees...but do they have anything else.

Super Bowl teams. Seahawks vs. Chargers. Its a wild guess on half of it.

Compare ESPN Predicitions:

AFCE: Pats

AFCN: Bengals

AFCS: Colts

AFCW: Broncos

WCs: Texans.....then any of the following: Chiefs/Steelers/Ravens/Dolphins/Bills ( who they say will all go 9-7)

NFCE: Cowboys

NFCN: Packers

NFCS: Panthers

NFCW: Seahawks

WCs: Saints and Eagles

AFCE: Pats - with Brady, duh.

AFCN: Steelers - Byant won't be a huge loss, and Bell is only out for two games. That O will put 30-40 points on the board regularly. The D is suspect but doesn't need to be great

AFCS: Colts - that division...SMH. The browns would be legitimate contenders.

AFCW: Broncos - yep, Manning has a season left.

WCs: Ravens & Dolphins - Ravens look weaker, but not by much; Dolphins could be nasty this year, if Tannehill keeps progressing, and Suh helps the D step up. Oh, and that Cameron guy. Could be the bills if Tyrod Taylor can be halfway decent.

NFCE: Eagles - Of all the pieces they've added, you don't hear much about Kiko Alonso, he should be huge for them

NFCN: Packers - Duh

NFCS: Saints - Should be stronger on O with Unger, while graham's big play will be replaced at least partly by Cooks.

NFCW: Seahawks - not seeing a huge drop off.

WCs: Cards & Vikes - Cards D plus a healthy Palmer should see good things for them; Vikes getting Bridgewater more comfortable, Patterson and Johnson look a solid 1-2, and AP is AP. The D should be stronger this year too.

I focus so much on the Browns and AFC North that I'm not too good at predictions involving the other divisions, but here goes:

AFC North- Browns figure out a way to protect their home field and win division

AFC East: Patriots

AFC South: Houston edges out Indy

AFC West: Chargers

AFC Wild Cards: Steelers, Broncos

NFC East: NY Giants

NFC North: Packers

NFC South: Falcons

NFC West: Seahawks

NFC WIld Cards: Cardinals, Eagles

Super Bowl (homer pick): Browns over Packers, shock the world

Super Bowl (reality pick): Packers over Patriots

AFC East - Patriots - They had the best record in the AFC last year, they had the highest point differential in the NFL, and oh yeah... they are the defending champs...

AFC North - Baltimore - I don't know why they will be good, but they will. I think the schedule favors them to have another 10 win season, which may win the division.

AFC South - Colts - There is really nobody to compete with them

AFC West - Denver - The best regular season QB in NFL history will be able to produce. Plus, they improved their D.

AFC WC - Pittsburgh - Bell and Bryant being suspended may cost them a game, which may be enough to allow the Ravens ahead of them

AFC WC - Miami - They're pretty stacked with talent, but it's up to Tannehill to lead them to the post-season

AFC near misses:

Buffalo - I'm not a believer in Tyrod Taylor

Cincinnati - I think Dalton takes a step back

San Diego - The defense isn't good enough

Houston - Hoyer is Hoyer...

Cleveland - McCown is McCown

NFC East - Philadelphia - Call me crazy, but I think Bradford has a bounce-back year... my "comeback player of the year" award winner (prediction)

NFC North - Green Bay - Rodgers is just too good, and the competetion is not quite there

NFC South - Atlanta - Healthy weapons for Ryan, a beefed up O-line, and enough FAs added on D to make an impact... Quitely looking good...

NFC West - Seattle - Losing their all-pro C will have a major impact, but I still think the D is good enough to win the division. I want to pick Arizona, but I don't trust Palmer's health

NFC WC - New Orleans - Drew Brees has something to prove, and the offense looks more balanced than ever

NFC WC - Minnesota - There is no reason they shouldn't be in the post-season... unless TBW isn't as good as advertised...

NFC near misses:

Dallas - It's great to have an o-line, but somebody has to hit the holes... Pretty sure they revert to a pass-happy team, which doesn't work well for Romo

Arizona - It won't be easy going through the AFCN this year... will Palmer survive?

Detroit - They just don't ever seem to put together 2 good seasons, plus their front 4 aren't as intimidating

Carolina - They had a negative point differential last year and made the playoffs... they just aren't very good...

AFC-N -Balt.

AFC-S -Colts

AFC-E -NE

AFC-W-Den

AFC WC's-Dolphins and Chiefs

NFC-E-Eagles

NFC-W-Seahawks

NFC-S -Saints

NFC-N -Minn.

NFC WC's-Packers and Cardinals

AFCN - balt. flacco's arm looks craaaaazy. (browns 2nd and make the playoffs)

AFCS - indy

AFCW - chiefs

AFCE - bills

NFCN - detroit. rodgers yes, but no targets to throw to.

NFCS - panthers

NFCW - cards

NFCE - cowboys

other people's afc picks:

i really don't see denver doing it this year. call me a debbie downer but i think peyton manning is done. well not done but one hit away from being retired.

buffalo is on the cusp of being dominate in the east but keeps getting F'd in the ass by belichick. see the tide turning this year.

nfc:

if you're a defensive coordinator and have to game-plan aaron rodgers this year then you take away, what one WR and just key on stopping lacy?

new orleans? love rob ryan but c'mon man. never liked drew brees and ain't gonna start now.

AFC

East--Pats.....screw em. Hope Bills give them a run

North--Browns only if McCown plays lights out. If not 1 of the others that I refuse to mention

South--probably Colts but would like to see Hoyer take Texans to playoffs

West--Broncos if they truly take some passing away from Manning. His last year by the way

Wild Cards--Bills, Colts or Texans depending on who wins that division. Would have put Browns in there but they're winning the North, so there.

NFC

East--Eagles zzzzzzz

North--Pack, if not for Rodgers, zzzzzzzz

South--Panthers or who the f*** cares

West--Cards if they stay healthy. Too much weirdness for seahawks this time around.

Wild Cards--Vikes and Rams cause I could care less

Super Bowl Denver over Green Bay which is why this is Peyton's last year.

Browns will get 1 home playoff victory because can you imagine the frenzy!!!!

Mik, of course Manning (or anyone) is one hit away from being injured, but if he's healthy I think he'll be fine this year.

They'll have a quarterback controversy all year and their OL sucks. Young QB behind bad OL. We've seen how that plays out.

How can one simultaneously believe in the shiny hood ornament theory and think that losing a wide receiver will affect a team? Wouldn't it not matter? Since I don't believe in the SHOT I will take your question on its face. They have a top 3 pass blocking OL, the best quarterback in the league, Eddy Lacy, and they still have Randall Cobb. Yeah, I think their offense will be fine.

Drew Brees is from my suburb and went to my high school so I don't share the hate for him in the first place but as gftChris said, he did lead the league in passing yards last season. Now they're leaning a bit more on the run game (allegedly), got CJ Spiller, added an elite center, etc. I'm not saying they'd be a playoff team in another division, just that they are the best in an awful one.

OK, so, where are they?

They'll be out this week, same as they always are.

Hunting through the closet for my crystal ball as we speak.

I wish they would stop putting fucking AFC North teams in the Thursday Game, I gotta do a TWITAFCN too.

Zombo

AFCEast: Patriots - Cheaters prosper

AFCNorth: Ravens - overall I think they have the best team in our div

AFCSouth: Colts by a street

AFCWest: Broncos, the best QB in my lifetime is being written off too soon

Wildcards: Bengals and Steelers. We suffer at the hands of a strong division yet again.

NFCEast: NY Giants. O line should be much improved, offense could be great this year.

NFCNorth: Green Bay. Aaron Rodgers, nuff said

NFCSouth: Falcons, Take your pick in this div tbh

NFCWest: Cardinals: Shock.

Wildcards: Seahawks and Cowboys

Super Bowl teams. Broncos and Packers

• AFCN: Browns - Squeak in with a 9-7. Homer glasses? Maybe... but Best D in the Div
  • AFCS: Colts - I think they've finally added a run game and that keeps them on top.
  • AFCE: Pats - Someone is pissed... and is picturing the Commish handing him SB50's MVP trophy... Awkward!
  • AFCW: KC - Maclin was a big upgrade and D was helped in the draft... even 4th Rounder Ramik Wilson is looking good.
  • AWC1: Fins - With that D and an improved Tannehill they scare NE in regular season... and maybe take them in the post...
  • AWC2: Texans - D gels, Hoyer manages and Texans make a brief playoff appearance.

AFC Champ: Fins over Pats

• NFCN: Pack - one-trick pony, but what a pony... still too much Rogers over an improving MN team.
  • NFCS: NO - Big rethink here as ATL looks inexplicably bad. CAR may finish last in points scored...
  • NFCE: Philly - easiest call of all. The Kelly train is about to get really crowded...
  • NFCW: SEA - so frickin' complete and new toys for Carroll to play with in Graham and Lockett
  • NWC1: StL - Foles the final piece? No, but he was a good add no matter the outcome in Philly
  • NWC2: MN - Sneak in for one-and-done appearance...

NFC Champ: Philly over SEA

SB50 - Philly over Fins...

AFC North: Baltimore (our Browns will end 6-10)

AFC East: Patriots (with the Bills getting their first playoff appearance since...even before the Browns did it)

AFC South: Colts

AFC West: Chiefs (with the Broncos in the other WC spot)

NFC North: Packers (Lions in the WC)

NFC East: Cowboys

NFC South: Panthers

NFC West: Seahawks (WC Cardinals)

AFC Final: Baltimore over Patriots

NFC Final: Cowboys over Panthers

SB: Cowboys

Mike Greenberg picked the Seahawks to beat the Steelers

Golic: Eagles over Colts

OK, so what is the infatuation with the Steelers? They may have the worst DB/DL/OL in just the AFCN.

Is everything just about the offensive skill players, which they do have 3 good ones....BR/Bell/Brown.

I have always heard that the game is won in the trenches....not on the edges.

Is this theory/philosophy now wrong?

They managed to get Bell to run for 1300+ yards last year, so the OL can't be that terrible. Big Ben + Bell + Brown + Decnt OL = potent offence. Whether they can make up for a young defence in a new scheme remains to be seen, but I don't see a big drop off if any from last year's 11-5.

They managed to get Bell to run for 1300+ yards last year, so the OL can't be that terrible. Big Ben + Bell + Brown + Decnt OL = potent offence. Whether they can make up for a young defence in a new scheme remains to be seen, but I don't see a big drop off if any from last year's 11-5.

They do have a good OL coach....which was their saving grace.

But they won't have Pouncey....and he is their glue. His loss could be as bad as the Browns losing Mack last year.

OK, so what is the infatuation with the Steelers?

Im not sure.....

They managed to get Bell to run for 1300+ yards last year, so the OL can't be that terrible. Big Ben + Bell + Brown + Decnt OL = potent offence.

Like gip said.....they had an ok line, but now have lost easily their best player in Pouncey.....not saying it'll be the same for them, but it sure made a difference when we lost Mack.....(and our leftover O line, as a whole, was way better than what they have)....

They do have a good OL coach....which was their saving grace.

But they won't have Pouncey....and he is their glue. His loss could be as bad as the Browns losing Mack last year.

I agree...

Plus....even though its just preseason, their Offense has looked lousy so far.....

Based upon their 5 preseason games, PFF has them ranked dead last for Offense(and 29th for D)....and, based upon production, they are ranked 29th in yards and 28th in scoring.....(so far)...

So, while I do expect to see improvement, it would surprise me if a team ranked as 29th on D and 32nd on O in preseason, just suddenly move to the top......

And...since they are really just relying on their big 3 play makers(Brown, Bell and the Rapist)......they better hope pray no one goes down.....or it's over.....

Archived