THE BROWNS BOARD

The Unfortunate Truth

The Gipper

As fucked up as the Cavaliers are playing, it looks like they could join the following teams in NBA history to lose 2 Finals in a row to the same team:

1960/1961 St. Louis Hawks lose 2 to the Celtics

1962/1963 LA Lakers lose 2 to the Celtics

1965/1966 LA Lakers lose 2 to the Celtics

1968/1969 LA Lakers lose 2 to the Celtics

1997/1998 Utah Jazz lose 2 to the Bulls

As fucked up as the Cavaliers are playing, it looks like they could join the following teams in NBA history to lose 2 Finals in a row to the same team:

1960/1961 St. Louis Hawks lose 2 to the Celtics

1962/1963 LA Lakers lose 2 to the Celtics

1965/1966 LA Lakers lose 2 to the Celtics

1968/1969 LA Lakers lose 2 to the Celtics

1997/1998 Utah Jazz lose 2 to the Bulls

Shades of the Daugherty-Nance Price Cavs Gip. Michael Jordan got in the way of that team. The Warriors sweep the Cavs, they're in the discussion, if not the uncontested GOAT Team.

In other news, the Celtics were pretty good in the 60s.

They won the title every single year of the 60s except 1967 when the Philadelphia 76ers won it. No team in American Professional sports has ever dominated like that, I do not believe.

Closest were 1950 Yankees. 7 titles in the 50s.

Next would be the Montreal Canadiennes....6 titles in the 1970s.

Over a 10 year period the Browns did win 7....1945-1955...make that 11 years.

Yankees won 7 of 10 from 1949-1959

I have no doubt its going to happen. Lebron csnt hit a mid range jumper and our rotation is shit. Gs's bench is getting all over us.

Get over the mid-range jumper stuff, that's about the 45th reason why the Cavs are getting embarrassed right now. The simple truth is the Warriors might be the best team of all time (yes, I mean that) and the Cavs in almost any other year would be as good as any to win the thing.

They aren't going to call the fouls down low so the Cavs just gotta get back to trying to jack threes. It was dynamite and home court will give them confidence. My opinion is this in over in five though. Cavs get game three and the Warriors finish off after that. It blows but that's Cleveland luck for you.

Lebron not being able to hit short to mid range jumpers anymore is the reason they can close so hard on our perimeter shooters. They shoot 3's and our more than happy to bang lebron around on his way to the hoop for a hard fought layup or two foul shots.

They're perfectly comfortable switching curry onto lebron even at the top of the key. Lebron from 3 years ago murders this defensive rotation. They would have no choice but to follow him everywhere with often two guys. Now thry dare him to tske long jumpers and pinch down on his perimeter outlet passes when he drives.

And thats why we cant beat the warriors. Lebrons become a one trick pony

Lebron not being able to hit short to mid range jumpers anymore is the reason they can close so hard on our perimeter shooters. They shoot 3's and our more than happy to bang lebron around on his way to the hoop for a hard fought layup or two foul shots.

They're perfectly comfortable switching curry onto lebron even at the top of the key. Lebron from 3 years ago murders this defensive rotation. They would have no choice but to follow him everywhere with often two guys. Now thry dare him to tske long jumpers and pinch down on his perimeter outlet passes when he drives.

And thats why we cant beat the warriors. Lebrons become a one trick pony

No one at any point in Lebron's career have feared his jumper. To say that is just absolute bullcrap nonsense. I said why they are destroying the Cavs in my previous post, there's just not much they can do to stop it.

No one at any point in Lebron's career have feared his jumper. To say that is just absolute bullcrap nonsense. I said why they are destroying the Cavs in my previous post, there's just not much they can do to stop it.

Exactly. The Cavs couldn't hit the ocean from a boat in Oakland. JR has disappeared, and don't tell me he can't hit contested threes.

I totally underestimated the ability of Curry and Thompson's support crew to rain down threes from the outside. I'll have to agree with you jrb- as I said earlier in this post, this Warriors team may well be the GOAT, you don't win 73 regular season game by accident. The current incarnation of the Cavs was built to match GS in outside firepower- and it's about time they do so. I noted before the Finals started MHO was the Cavs didn't have the defensive ability that OKC does, and damn- it sure looks like I was right.

Non-Believers.

Shaking my head.

Zombo

MUUUSSSTTTT play with that intensity the rest of the series. At least Thompson didn't let the Warriors push him around inside for a change. And didya notice, when the Cavs shooting went South in the second quarter, Golden State almost caught up? I was worried Z. I'm still worried- we still have to win three out of four.

And thats why we cant beat the warriors. Lebrons become a one trick pony Cleve

eeyore.jpg

Get over the mid-range jumper stuff, that's about the 45th reason why the Cavs are getting embarrassed right now. The simple truth is the Warriors might be the best team of all time (yes, I mean that) and the Cavs in almost any other year would be as good as any to win the thing.

They aren't going to call the fouls down low so the Cavs just gotta get back to trying to jack threes. It was dynamite and home court will give them confidence. My opinion is this in over in five though. Cavs get game three and the Warriors finish off after that. It blows but that's Cleveland luck for you.

good call. I thought the cavs had to win both home games and even then, it would still be difficult to win the whole thing...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived