THE BROWNS BOARD

Cavs playoffs

Browns149

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man shut your damn mouth. You picked the bulls and probably the hawks and now the warriors. We've got this.

Wouldn't have taken the Hawks they struggled in both of their series against teams that are inferior to Cleveland.

Cavs have made a good run but to beat Golden State they'd need a "for the ages" performance from Lebron and a healthy Irving.

Resting Kyrie is a good plan if ATL folds like they look like they will.

The only problem for Cavs fans is the train stops here, Golden State is deep and talented. If the Cavs were 100% and ready to go it would've been a series but as it stands they'll be in trouble.

Yeah- ya want to be a negative Nancy? OK- Bogut & Iguadola aren't stiffs. It's going to come down to perimeter defense. Hate to tell you- Smith on a good night can match Curry 3 for 3.

Thompson, Jones and Moz added to the others have been Huge Keys in Both Series. Before the Hacka starts, closeout Hawks Than move Forward. Teague and Bazemore need Lam beer ed in the lane and Perkins is still on the Bench. Somebody Wake up D. Blat..

Yeah- ya want to be a negative Nancy? OK- Bogut & Iguadola aren't stiffs. It's going to come down to perimeter defense. Hate to tell you- Smith on a good night can match Curry 3 for 3.

That may be the funniest thing I've ever read. JR Smith 32 made 3's Curry 64

That may be the funniest thing I've ever read. JR Smith 32 made 3's Curry 64

I hope you realize Smith doesn't play anywhere near the minutes Curry does. For the record Smith (regular season) averaged a 3 pointer for every 11 minutes played. Curry averaged 9 Har, har.

Seriously, you think I haven't been watching the Western Conference Playoffs? Curry is an improved version of Teague. Almost identical height & weight.

Matchups (playoff stats):

PG - Steph Curry 29.4 pts, 6.4 ast, PER 26.9 vs.

Kyrie Irving 18.9 pts, 3.5 ast, PER 19.4

SG - Klay Thompson 19.7 pts, 3.9 reb, 2.9 ast, PER 15.2 vs.

Iman Shumpert 10.7 pts, 5.2 reb, 1.2 ast, PER 13.7

SF - Harrison Barnes 10.4 pts, 4.9 reb, 1.9 ast, PER 12.3 vs.

Lebron James 27.9 pts, 10.5 reb, 8.4 ast, PER 24.2

PF - Draymond Green 14.4 pts, 10.6 reb, PER 17.6 vs.

Tristian Thompson 8.9 pts, 9.8 reb, PER 15.2

C - Andrew Bogut 5.6 pts, 8.2 reb, 1.9 blk, PER 14.7 vs.

Timofey Mozgov 8.8 pts, 7.2 reb, 1.8 blk, PER 15.9

Starter PER

Golden State - 86.7

Cleveland - 88.4

Bench

Golden State

Andre Iguodala - 8.1 pts, PER 14.3

Shaun Livingston - 5.4 pts, PER 13.5

Leandro Barbosa - 4.7 pts, PER 11.7

Cleveland

J.R. Smith - 13.1 pts, PER 16.6

Matthew Dellavedova - 6.8 pts, PER 7.8

James Jones - 4.8 pts, PER 11.2

Bench PER

Golden State - 39.5

Cleveland - 35.6

First 8 - OVERALL PER

Golden State - 126.2

Cleveland - 124

First 8 - PPG

Golden State - 97.7

Cleveland - 99.9

OVERALL Points Allowed

Golden State - 96.7

Cleveland - 92.9

Even with an unhealthy and beat-up Kyrie Irving, this team still matches up pretty well. The question will be, "How do the Cavs slow down Curry AND Thompson?" If they put Shumpert and Lebron on the two, who does Kyrie guard? If Kyrie has to match up against Curry, it will be a very interesting series...

Even with an unhealthy and beat-up Kyrie Irving, this team still matches up pretty well. The question will be, "How do the Cavs slow down Curry AND Thompson?" If they put Shumpert and Lebron on the two, who does Kyrie guard? If Kyrie has to match up against Curry, it will be a very interesting series...

good stats- I seriously doubt they'll put Irving on Curry- my bet it will be Shumpert. Problem would be Kyrie is giving up too much height if he has to guard Thompson.

At least Houston pulled one out of their sorry asses.

Let`s hope the cavs keep the pedal to the metal and sweep the hawks while curry has his shoulder fall off his body.

30 pt win. I'd say that is putting the pedal to the metal. Now they get some rest time.

I hope you realize Smith doesn't play anywhere near the minutes Curry does. For the record Smith (regular season) averaged a 3 pointer for every 11 minutes played. Curry averaged 9 Har, har.

Seriously, you think I haven't been watching the Western Conference Playoffs? Curry is an improved version of Teague. Almost identical height & weight.

You haven't been watching if you think Curry and Teague are even in the same league. Curry is the best player on the planet right now, hence the MVP nod over Harden. Curry shoots 3's at a percentage JR Smith can't even sniff he's 50 points higher this post season and 70 points higher for his career. I truly hope you are just going homer on this one.

You're such a fuckin douche. the warriors are going to get handled and I expect you to eat some crow when they do.

I always admit when I'm wrong, as I did with the Chicago prediction. I admire the heart the current Cavs team has shown but mistaking the offensive ineptitude of the Bulls and the Hawks for great defense is wrong. The only way the Cavs have a shot is if Lebron and Kyrie play incredible consistently and to this point in the playoffs that hasn't happened.

You're such a fuckin douche. the warriors are going to get handled and I expect you to eat some crow when they do.

I have been to Oakland, and I live in Cleveland

Oakland will BURN!!!!!!!!!

Either way

You haven't been watching if you think Curry and Teague are even in the same league. Curry is the best player on the planet right now, hence the MVP nod over Harden. Curry shoots 3's at a percentage JR Smith can't even sniff he's 50 points higher this post season and 70 points higher for his career. I truly hope you are just going homer on this one.

Horseshit. They gave Curry the MVP because they're tired of giving it to Le Bron. LBJ beats his sorry ass in virtually every statistic, except 3 point %. Not even close in rebounds and assists. LBJ does so much more than Curry- I'd bet if you polled the NBA GMs who they'd want on their team if given a choice- Le Bron or Curry, it wouldn't even be close, about 90% of them would want Le Bron. More proof of James' MVP value is without him- the Heat went from the NBA runnerup to a lottery team. Curry gets all those wide open threes because other teams respect his ability to drive to the basket. Steps back, and boom. Not saying he isn't a great player. Now if you want to say he's currently the best shotmaker on the planet- we might agree on that.

Incidentally Curry is shooting .449 from 3 land, JR .396 in the playoffs. You may think that's hugely significant- I don't, works out to around 1.5 points for 10 tries. & I already said Curry is logging way more minutes per game than JR. BTW, Kyrie is shooting .481 from long range.

I always admit when I'm wrong, as I did with the Chicago prediction. I admire the heart the current Cavs team has shown but mistaking the offensive ineptitude of the Bulls and the Hawks for great defense is wrong. The only way the Cavs have a shot is if Lebron and Kyrie play incredible consistently and to this point in the playoffs that hasn't happened.

What the hell are you talking about? Like almost averaging a triple double sucks? Oh, the opposition blows is your excuse? Le Bron doesn't have to shoot the lights out from long range, as long as he can still drive to the basket.

FWIW, I saw the Rockets play pretty crap defense tonight for around 40 minutes- until it was too late for it to matter. Didn't help Harden played like garbage.

Horseshit. They gave Curry the MVP because they're tired of giving it to Le Bron. LBJ beats his sorry ass in virtually every statistic, except 3 point %. Not even close in rebounds and assists. LBJ does so much more than Curry- I'd bet if you polled the NBA GMs who they'd want on their team if given a choice- Le Bron or Curry, it wouldn't even be close, about 90% of them would want Le Bron. More proof of James' MVP value is without him- the Heat went from the NBA runnerup to a lottery team. Curry gets all those wide open threes because other teams respect his ability to drive to the basket. Steps back, and boom. Not saying he isn't a great player. Now if you want to say he's currently the best shotmaker on the planet- we might agree on that.

Incidentally Curry is shooting .449 from 3 land, JR .396 in the playoffs. You may think that's hugely significant- I don't, works out to around 1.5 points for 10 tries. & I already said Curry is logging way more minutes per game than JR. BTW, Kyrie is shooting .481 from long range.

Don't get your feelings hurt. I wasn't making the case for Curry for MVP was saying that right now he's playing better. I'm a huge Lebron supporter but once every two to three games he's "looter in a riot". He has had some awful turnover nights this postseason and he takes plays off. Now you can rationalize this by speaking to injuries but it is what it is.

Kyrie vs Curry shooting is a fair comparison but stop with JR Smith comparison it's not even close.

What the hell are you talking about? Like almost averaging a triple double sucks? Oh, the opposition blows is your excuse? Le Bron doesn't have to shoot the lights out from long range, as long as he can still drive to the basket.

FWIW, I saw the Rockets play pretty crap defense tonight for around 40 minutes- until it was too late for it to matter. Didn't help Harden played like garbage.

I'm talking about playing like game 2, 4 and 6 of the Bulls series. The Bulls were a tire fire at the end of the season as we are hearing now that Thibs is gone. 8-25 with 7 TOs won't be enough against the Warriors.

The last time the cavs played the warriors we blew them out. I'm so tired of bandwagon haters telling me how great every opponent is and how they're all going to beat us. Fuck off. Don't congratulate the cavs after the win. We don't need people like you. Crawl back to your hidey hole.

I'm talking about playing like game 2, 4 and 6 of the Bulls series. The Bulls were a tire fire at the end of the season as we are hearing now that Thibs is gone. 8-25 with 7 TOs won't be enough against the Warriors.

Tire fire? Bull sh**t. The Bulls played the Cavs with a healthy Noah, Rose, and Butler. Care to tell me Gasol sucks when he's playing? Tibs somehow forgot how to coach? We didn't even have JR for the first two games. Yes, on the red I agree. I doubt he'll have 13 TOs like Harden did against Golden State though. No doubt James is struggling from the outside. but the numbers don't lie. Le Bron can F**king WILL his team to victory playing with a bum ankle, wrist, and back- when Curry can do that- get back to me.

I'll posit the Warriors haven't faced a perimeter defense as good as the Cavs yet in the playoffs.

The last time the cavs played the warriors we blew them out. I'm so tired of bandwagon haters telling me how great every opponent is and how they're all going to beat us. Fuck off. Don't congratulate the cavs after the win. We don't need people like you. Crawl back to your hidey hole.

It's why they play the games Naysayers gonna hate.

Archived