THE BROWNS BOARD

Bust Ups at QB

The Gipper

This thread is prompted by a thread from the college forum that talked about the 50 biggest disappointments from the college to the pro game. But I asked this question: Who in the last few years either has been the biggest disappointment....or has the potential to be the biggest disappointments to make the transition from college to pro QB.

Here is the list of all first round QBs since 2012:

Brandon Weeden

Ryan Tannehill

RGIII

Andrew Luck

EJ Manuel

Teddy Twatwater

John P. Manziel

Blake Bortles

Marcus Mariota

Jamies Winston

Paxton Lynch

Carson Wentz

Jared Goff

DeShaun Watson

Patrick Mahomes

Mitch Trubisky

What is the verdict on these guys either plus or minus....and who is the jury still out on?

This thread is prompted by a thread from the college forum that talked about the 50 biggest disappointments from the college to the pro game. But I asked this question: Who in the last few years either has been the biggest disappointment....or has the potential to be the biggest disappointments to make the transition from college to pro QB.

Here is the list of all first round QBs since 2012:

Red = Shit

Blue = Verdict Still Out

Orange = Not busts

Black = I have no idea and don't give a shit about these guys.

Brandon Weeden

Ryan Tannehill

RGIII

Andrew Luck

EJ Manuel

Teddy Twatwater

John P. Manziel

Blake Bortles

Marcus Mariota

Jamies Winston

Paxton Lynch

Carson Wentz

Jared Goff

DeShaun Watson

Patrick Mahomes

Mitch Trubisky

What is the verdict on these guys either plus or minus....and who is the jury still out on?

Brandon Weeden

Ryan Tannehill

RGIII

Andrew Luck

EJ Manuel

Teddy Twatwater

John P. Manziel

Blake Bortles

Marcus Mariota

Jamies Winston

Paxton Lynch

Carson Wentz

Jared Goff

DeShaun Watson

Patrick Mahomes

Mitch Trubisky

Brandon Weedon is like a bad penny. He was never any good in the pros.....but it seems that every year he gets a uniform and is collecting an NFL check.

Billy Manziel busted in the biggest way.

I wanted Wentz. I'm hoping that Watson will make me stop saying that.

Johhny Highball is rumored to be making a comeback.

He claims NFL teams have been in contact.

Boo, I heard it's the other way around- Manziel and his agents have contacted NFL teams. Hi, I'm Johnny Manziel, and I was wondering if.. click....

He needs to prove himself in Canada for a few years before an NFL team will give him the time of day- at least I hope so. Regarding the Tiger Cats- they also hold the CFL rights to RG III. But they also have the best qb in the CFL.

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/cfl-tiger-cats-hold-rights-colin-kaepernick-johnny-manziel/

Technically, its not a lie of Johnny believes that its true. :D

I struck up a conversation with a retired Texas AM position coach a few years ago when Manziel mania was sweeping the nation. In Houston, either you are a Texas AM alum or UTexas alum, so JM was basically the cities favorite son. I asked him about Manziel and if he thought that he was real and NFL material. He told me that the worst thing that could happen is if JM is drafted and starts right away. He said that JM came from big money and has had his axx kissed all his life.

Johnny's worse problem is that Johnny is a drunk basically...and potentially an abuser.

I agree with Hoorta: Canada is for Hoser's. JFF fits right in.

The return of JFF has been out there for a while now... including his account of "conversations with interested teams"... and nothing has come of them.

Who in the last few years either has been the biggest disappointment....or has the potential to be the biggest disappointments to make the transition from college to pro QB.

Potential? Goff... have to start with who among the unprovens had the highest expectations and thus the furthest to fall.

Actual? I have to go RG3. The only question I have is how much of his fail is attributable to injury. His early success would indicate most, if not all.

Injury is a whole subset consuming RG and Teddy, and threatening Mariotta and even the list's standard bearer, Luck.

What's startling about the list of 16 QBs is how few have established themselves as having the stuff to be a long-term starter in the league. There's Luck and Winston with the former having to come back through throwing-shoulder surgery and the latter with a lot of tightening up of his game to do if he's to escape mediocrity.

Johnnys biggest problem is that he has never been humbled.

Do you think he has now? Cut, no one wants him....possibly jailed. In and out of rehab. Sounds fairly humiliating to me....but, perhaps he has such hubris and is such a narcissist that even those things don't humble him? You think?

I dont understand.

Do you really not understand? I will explain: it is a long time custom on here that if you make a post that is primarily sarcasm that you post it in pink......so that the obtuse among us will know that you are basically making a joke or being cynical about something.

Or...maybe your post should have been in pink so that I knew you were being sarcastic. Could you have really been that subtle? If so...Bravo!

Amazing how pissy some of you still are over Teddy

Not sure is anyone is pissy....maybe some are. (because he stupidly said he wouldn't want to play for the Browns?). Well.... ain't playing for anyone....and may never play again....with NFL capability. From my point of view that is what it is all about.....he may bust due to injury.

And yes, people can be considered a bust due to injury...not just due to bad play or stupidity. Its a harsh judgment, but that is the way it is. That may be the situation in his case.

Browns certainly have had their share of that: Couch, Courtney, K2 sort of (injury due to stupidity)....not to mention players on other teams: Kijana Carter, Steve Emtman, etc. etc. etc.

I really don't think it's fair to judge any of the last 6 QB's on that list.

Like Goff, he got in some games towards the latter part of the season. That's his whole NFL experience so far.

I really don't think it's fair to judge any of the last 6 QB's on that list.

Like Goff, he got in some games towards the latter part of the season. That's his whole NFL experience so far.

No...it is not fair to judge.......but it IS fair to speculate. That is all I am asking you to do....speculate on the QBs from the last 3 years as to who has highest bust potential.

I think Goff may be the one that would be chosen by many to not live up to things. But....that IS just speculation.

(but I did hear on the radio this morning that the Rams may have their sites set on getting Kirk Cousins....if he becomes a FA after this year. The new HC of the Rams came from Wash....McVay....and is apparently all on Cousins dick. This was the same with Shanahan in SFO......so Cousins may want to play this cool if he wants to be a FA....and get out of DC. He could have bidders for his services....and Goff may be a casualty of that. Goff was essentially a Fisher pick...not one by this new HC there.

What happened to him?

He was playing dann good, injured and now I hear hes done.

He's rehabbing. Saw footage of him back-peddling with one of those giant rubberbands providing resistance yesterday.

There was also a comment that 16 players have suffered the injury he did and only six made it back. No breakdown of the era, positions, etc. given, but regardless his odds are not great.

• 2 weeks later...

i use pink all the time...... on the face and on the joint.

works great at the beach!!

Yeah, I want to party with you, maybe. :huh:

Archived