THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Cardale

The Gipper

Not necessarily... I think that for us to spend our #2 on a QB, there's going to have to be unanimous agreement that one QB is not only the best QB prospect, but that he is a high-probability prospect. Sashi is going to have to hear this from Hue, Scouting and Analytics... not just "I can live with QB X being the choice."

First time out they are all going to be in the same boat because it is the boat they wanted to be in.

Eh we will just wait till the 3rd and get Goff....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still on the cardale bandwagon. I want him for the browns and I think he has all the tools in his box to succeed given time to mature. He's got the size, he's got the strength, he can run if he needs to and at his size he's probably not one hit from blowing out a knee. He's got some big game experience and that's not bad. Yeah his second season wasn't all sunshine and rainbows but he still never lost. Sometimes you've gotta take a chance on a guy who's got all the tools rather than take a chance on a guy who doesn't.

I'm still on the cardale bandwagon. I want him for the browns and I think he has all the tools in his box to succeed given time to mature. He's got the size, he's got the strength, he can run if he needs to and at his size he's probably not one hit from blowing out a knee. He's got some big game experience and that's not bad. Yeah his second season wasn't all sunshine and rainbows but he still never lost. Sometimes you've gotta take a chance on a guy who's got all the tools rather than take a chance on a guy who doesn't.

I tend to agree but I would worry that the browns will have a quick reach for the ripcord if it doesn't happen quickly.

WSS

I believe analytics will show that two QBs in one draft is the new stupid...

Oh I think that's probably very true except maybe in a rare occasion.

Still I'm going to have to sit in front of the TV watching the Browns win a playoff game before I take football analytics seriously. Sorry Sashi no disrespect intended but...

WSS ;)

• 1 year later...

Another example of staying in college too long. If dude would have left after OSU won the title game.I honestly believe he would have been the 3rd QB off the board after Winston and Mariota in a incredibly poor draft class (only 7 QBs were drafted) and probably late 2nd/early 3rd as opposed to the 4th round in a much deeper draft. The book isn't closed but that's a huge what if.

Another example of staying in college too long. If dude would have left after OSU won the title game.I honestly believe he would have been the 3rd QB off the board after Winston and Mariota in a incredibly poor draft class (only 7 QBs were drafted) and probably late 2nd/early 3rd as opposed to the 4th round in a much deeper draft. The book isn't closed but that's a huge what if.

How would that have helped him perform in the pros?

It wouldn't... but it would have helped his wallet.

Have to admire the kid for betting on himself, but man... he was never going to be hotter.

Looking back at some of the evals is fun.

Yes, thanks... it was.

Here's another oldie, but goodie Camp... times 2...

I forbid anyone to search for "Camp Goff"...

He should have played more school

What was your SAT verbal score?

Archived