THE BROWNS BOARD

Weeden...gonna Puke Now

brownfish

Brandon is ready to rumble. 29 is plenty young enough. So what if he won't last 15 years? He can be awesome for the next few years and that's what we need!

I'm excited!

Second that, he had the size and a great arm. Alot of the tackles are still in the board so we are ok there. As for wr we might have to trade back into the 2nd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jFGjqRawAs&feature=related

At first I was kinda upset with this pick. Then I started thinking that if something happens to the starting QB, we'll have to watch Wallace. Now we've got both McCoy and Weeden. I think that they will push each other and damn, Weedens got an arm! I actually like this ki... Man, better than any of the Free Agent Quarterbacks that were or are available. I like it when guys are Browns from the get go, it's really rare to find a really good QB at 28 years old that isn't another teams castoff.

I really like Colt McCoy a lot but I do like Weeden, so what if he's 28/29 years old... How old's Brady Quinn again? He's gonna come in and compete with Colt and may the best QB win. But on the bright side, we're gonna have a great backup to our starter. That is something that we haven't had in a long time.

With Weeden at QB, keep in mind the dude can sling it pretty good... Go ahead and stack the box to try and stop TRENT RICHARDSON cause he can knock the top off a defense and bomb that motherfucker! Oh boy, this is gonna be fun! B)

Dude better be able to take a hit, because he is going to be on his ass all year long like colt was last year if they don't get the line they need.

Take a linemen, take Hightower, trade down...... I still want to know who was going to take this guy before 37.

They panned to his house and I kept wondering why they were showing his dad instead of him.... Then I realized it was him......

I hope I'm wrong but I hate this pick.

Welcome to the Cleveland Mr. Weeden. Despite wanting to punch a puppy right now I still hope you light it up.

We have four good linemen, quit crying, we will find a RT.

We finally have a QB who can rifle passes in AFC North weather and you pussies are crying because we didn't replace the fucking RT in the first round.

McCoy has no arm, this pick was briliant!

Z

Well I wanted a WR, but we still can get one in the 2nd. I was initially pissed but the more I thought about it, I guess it isn't that bad. He can play, and had an impressive career at OK State. Also think he's really excited to be playing for the Browns, which seems to be the same with Richardson. Something I think is very important. I've always liked Colt McCoy, but I just don't know if he was the answer. Is Weeden? don't think so, but who knows. Just hope it's not Derek Anderson part2

... it's really rare to find a really good QB at 28 years old that isn't another teams castoff.

He was... they are called the New York Yankees...

He's gonna come in and compete with Colt and may the best QB win.

1st Rnd picks are not chosen to compete; they are chosen to start...

I still want to know who was going to take this guy before 37.

Exactly...

I can't believe we passed on Rieff for Weedon...

Who is bitching about having a guy that can rifle passes?

Who was going to take this guy before 37 Z?

Who drafts before or would bother to move up before the Browns that they couldn't pick a better player at 22 then take this guy?

3 years from now...everyone will say...we passed on REIFF...and we don't have a qb...and still no WR. I wasn't looking to win the super bowl this year...holmgren chocked...he is gone after next year...he wants out.

richardson

reiff

hill or jeffery

how hard is that HOLMGREN???

If Colt was that bad with all those upgrades we would have picked in the top 3 next year and picked up a real franchise QB for the next 10 years and everyone would be happy...now we will have to start rebuilding in what 4 years with a 33 year old QB? the damn dynasty is already dead before it started.

BROWNS SUPER BOWL 2015

BROWNS SUPER BOWL 2022....OR LATER

GO back to seattle OLD MAN!!!!

I was finally gaining faith after the good T Rich move.

I was expecting to hear OT Reiff or WR Hill when I hear Weeden.

I literally yelled "NOOOO" in anger. Biggest reach of the night. So dumb. All our media has been all over his nuts lately, I was sure it was a smokescreen. Total nightmare.

This guy will not be a starter. I want Barkley 2013 and have for a year. Wtf are we doing taking this grandpa Weeden project? I don't even care if he can "start right away". We will have to start over again in a few years as usual.

You all realize if Weeden was 22 he would've been a top 5 pick right? You realize he's better then Tannehill, Matt Barkley, Aaron Murry, and is light years ahead Landry Jones right? He's going to start right away, has all the tools necessary to be a legit QB, and ya'll whine about him being "too old?" We just got a top 5 talent at 22 who isn't a head case, is a professional, a leader and just so happens to play the most important position on the field.

Sure it would've been nice to get him at 37. It also would've been nice to get Trent Richardson at 4. But we got Weeden at 22 and Richardson at 3. All that matters is we got them. Now we just need a WR, RT, OLB, DB, and DE.

Most of you guys are fucking idiots, just shut up and change your tampon.

Weeden is one year older than Joe Thomas. I don't see anybody saying Joe is too old or that he doesn't have many years left in him.

We can still grab a very solid WR, San Fran did us a favor by selecting a third round talent guy in the first. Hill, Jeffery and Randle are still available. There are still very solid Tackles remaining as well.

It's not the end of the world.

You all realize if Weeden was 22 he would've been a top 5 pick right?

Sure it would've been nice to get him at 37. It also would've been nice to get Trent Richardson at 4. But we got Weeden at 22 and Richardson at 3. All that matters is we got them. Now we just need a WR, RT, OLB, DB, and DE.

You realize that if a frog could fly his ass wouldn't bump along the ground... right? Weedon's not fuckin' 22... OK?

And I'm dieing to see who you think we are going to land in all those need positions you listed... Here are the picks you have left to work with...

Round 2, Pick 5 (37) --

Round 3, Pick 4 (67) --

Round 4, Pick 5 (100) --

Round 5, Pick 25 (160) (From Broncos)

Round 6, Pick 34 (204) (Compensatory selection)

Round 6, Pick 35 (205) (Compensatory selection)

Round 7, Pick 38 (245) (Compensatory selection)

Round 7, Pick 40 (247) (Compensatory selection)

Good luck...

Why the hell couldn't we have at least traded back a few spots to get another 2nd?

If we dont get a Hill/Martin or Jeffrey/Massie (or any mix of them) combo, I want H&H heads on poles! You better trade up in the 2nd to get them!

A few spots back from 22 would not land you a second... Dallas spent a 2nd to move from 14 to 6.

And get your guillotine ready... none of those four players will around in the third round...

That's why I want them to trade back up in the 2nd, to salvage this draft after that dumb move.

I'm generally not the bitching browns fan, I wanted to give McCoy another year because it was a new system, new coach, and he had no weapons.

We had bigger needs. Good teams build up around a mediocre qb. Look at the ravens, look at how the steelers dealt with Maddox, it's pretty easy. You wasted a good pick here, and this guy is going to bust. Quinn had more potential than Weeden.

You realize that if a frog could fly his ass wouldn't bump along the ground... right? Weedon's not fuckin' 22... OK?

And I'm dieing to see who you think we are going to land in all those need positions you listed... Here are the picks you have left to work with...

Round 2, Pick 5 (37) --

Round 3, Pick 4 (67) --

Round 4, Pick 5 (100) --

Round 5, Pick 25 (160) (From Broncos)

Round 6, Pick 34 (204) (Compensatory selection)

Round 6, Pick 35 (205) (Compensatory selection)

Round 7, Pick 38 (245) (Compensatory selection)

Round 7, Pick 40 (247) (Compensatory selection)

Good luck...

Is Weeden not top 5 talent? Is his age the only thing preventing him from getting picked higher? Is he not better then the QB's I listed that were either A) taken ahead of him (Tannehill) or B) supposed to be the top QB's available next year (Barkley, Murry, Jones?) My point with that one sentence you nitpicked is that his only negative is his age.

As far as the other needs, I offered no player recommendations for a reason. I have no fucking clue. Nobody does. Hell H&H don't even know yet. What I can see (much like every other Browns fan) is where we have either holes or below average talent. Do you think we're set at the positions I listed?

That's why I want them to trade back up in the 2nd, to salvage this draft after that dumb move.

I'm generally not the bitching browns fan, I wanted to give McCoy another year because it was a new system, new coach, and he had no weapons.

then you really should stop...cause...well, see below.

We had bigger needs. Good teams build up around a mediocre qb. Look at the ravens, look at how the steelers dealt with Maddox, it's pretty easy. You wasted a good pick here, and this guy is going to bust. Quinn had more potential than Weeden.

lmao...bigger needs? says you maybe. the experts disagree that mccoy is worthless....his play proved it. its obvious you've watched no film on weeden if you think the queen had more potential. head to head, weedens team beat the 3 QB's take before him.

Why the hell couldn't we have at least traded back a few spots to get another 2nd?

If we dont get a Hill/Martin or Jeffrey/Massie (or any mix of them) combo, I want H&H heads on poles! You better trade up in the 2nd to get them!

no conception of trading values. trade back a few spots for an extra 2nd? lmao....wow. you didn't even pay attention, so i'll leave this at a laughable suggestion. you're talking 4ths and 5ths, and only one at that.

And no way is he better than Barkley. These Weeden nuthuggers were the RG3 nutthugging idiots who wanted to trade the farm away for him. QB is nowhere near our biggest need. There are at LEAST 4 more important spots WR, LB, RT, DE

you get better and better bro. so, those 4 spots are more important than the offensive field general? uh huh....

seriously, i dont understand why people get all bent because the draft doesn't go down how they want. you really think your personal opinions are so far superior that it justifies whining and complaining like a psychopath and demanding retribution like you were wronged? why must everything be considered only in absolutes?

the people whose job it is to evaluate these players, both on the team and prospects, have turned the page on colt. you dont have to like it, but you do have to accept it. your way isn't the only way, so please keep that in mind. the draft isn't over...we have more picks. there's still some talent left.

I like how we have to have 25 Weeden threads going at one time and how they were all started by people who usually only show up after a really bad lose. GTFO!

And you are posting in at least two of them... lol

Let these threads die as people go through the grieving process.

It does say a lot when the same people that come out after a bad loss also come out after Weeden is picked. Causation or correlation?

3 years from now...everyone will say...we passed on REIFF...and we don't have a qb...and still no WR. I wasn't looking to win the super bowl this year...holmgren chocked...he is gone after next year...he wants out.

richardson

reiff

hill or jeffery

how hard is that HOLMGREN???

If Colt was that bad with all those upgrades we would have picked in the top 3 next year and picked up a real franchise QB for the next 10 years and everyone would be happy...now we will have to start rebuilding in what 4 years with a 33 year old QB? the damn dynasty is already dead before it started.

BROWNS SUPER BOWL 2015

BROWNS SUPER BOWL 2022....OR LATER

GO back to seattle OLD MAN!!!!

We had a great draft and made the correct picks.

Its not about his age or even his talent...he has more than I ever could imagine....

His first love was baseball and he quit because he was average he said...so will he quit on us because the fun of the game wore out. Trent loves football...I really don't think weeden lives and loves it.

You all realize if Weeden was 22 he would've been a top 5 pick right? You realize he's better then Tannehill, Matt Barkley, Aaron Murry, and is light years ahead Landry Jones right? He's going to start right away, has all the tools necessary to be a legit QB, and ya'll whine about him being "too old?" We just got a top 5 talent at 22 who isn't a head case, is a professional, a leader and just so happens to play the most important position on the field.

Yes, I believe you are right. To me, if you were gonna take him it doesn't matter if it is at 22 or 37 or somewhere in between.

Couldn't agree more. We got them. Now watch who else we get...I don't think that the dealing is done yet. H&H are doing a fine job. Go Browns!

Archived