THE BROWNS BOARD

STEELER WEEK!

TexasAg1969

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put Ben on his ASS. The run game is a threat, but hopefully our DL should be able to take care of them. Keep Ben on his back and you negate their threat. Easier said than done, mind you.

After that, find a way to move the ball on O...

Let's start talking Pukesburg! How do we beat these guys in their house? Opinions please.

If you don't mind, I'm going to change your thread title ... it's kind of a tradition around here ... thanks for getting it started.

And how do we beat them? Drop Ben eight times, don't turn the ball over and win by two TDs.

Zombo

Defense needs to get off the field early and the offense needs a few long drives early.

Would be nice to run the ball down their throat, and get Cam and Hawkins going on short routes.

I'm not to worried about the front of the D holding their own against the run, its the guy on the other side of the field from Haden that is going to worry me.... whoever that might be this week...

1 - Pass-rush, pass-rush, pass-rush... Ben needs to get rocked early and often. I expect to see Mingo and A.Bryant in his face quite a bit.

2 - Move the chains. Heavy doses of Ben Tate, with a few nice 1st down pickups by Hoyer. Nothing flashy needed, just no turnovers.

3 - Sound special teams. Make all the field goals. Utilize the punting game to change field position. Also maybe one nice return to give the O good field position.

4 - 3rd Down. Get off the field on D, and move the chains on O. This will probably be the most important.

Thanks Z-Aggies love tradition! Uncle Ben has gotten fatter and slower and is now getting ripe for hurried pickoffs. Blitz that MF in a different way every single play and it pays off dividends in the end. Patience on O especially early in the game.

yep....De-fense!.....Ben is a pro at beating the rush, so our DB's gotta be awake this week and make that monster pass rush actually pay off. ....no letting them get away with 3rd and 35....if we do this, we win!!.......browns 20.....pittspuke 13

I think the D Rx above is a given...

For me the key is Attitude!

If win the flip and choose to receive... none of this defer BS... If PGH wins flip they'll defer, so get the same set up...

Have the O punch them in the mouth early, i.e., 2 TE with Agnew leading Tate. Don't think we've shown that all Preseason outside of goal-line. When Polo cheats up (like the 2nd play) go PA and burn him.

When it's pass time, look to pick on Taylor. I've thought him a very good corner for a long time, but he seemed to be showing his age in preseason. Hawkins may be our best match up against him.

They have very suspect corners, we have suspect receivers. I do the opposite of what Lebeau expects in that case. Since this is a passing league, we test the refs and

how the defensive contact rule will apply to the regular season. I'd come out with a few high percentage throws, maybe a screen or two. Lets see how their corners hold up and more specifically

if Shazier doesn't let the moment get to big for him. As a Buckeye, I loved him at tOSU, but he does have a tendency to over run plays on occasion and let his athletic ability make up for discipline.

On defense its always going to be pressure. I'm hoping the front four can get it done without blitzing. Ideally I'd like to see at least a trio of sacks and a few hard hits on Ben.

Attack the underneath stuff. You know these assholes are going to want to want to go after young linebackers, save for Dansby. Don't let them. If Brown wants to come across the middle, introduce him to Whitner.

Speaking of Brown, put Skrine on him, rotate the coveage to that side and let Haden take away Wheaton. Pittsburgh won't have many passing options at that point unless they want to take chances with Miller on Dansby and a safety.

Of course winning the turnover margin. Hoyer needs to make good decisions, the Browns defense needs a pick or two. It's a winnable game. Pittsburgh is not the team they used to be and these Browns players need to shed any thought of the mystique that its impossible to secure a win. Good things happen.

put johnny football in and let him work his magic

He'll get several snaps. they have to use at least a couple of plays where pass\ run option is open.

As soon as JM stops "thinkiing" and just starts "throwing" again in an offense that becomes comfortable, he'll be fine.

I hope you're right AG- some of those long throws were way off target, and what should have been a fade to the corner of the end zone got rifled- with no touch on it at all.

He'll get several snaps. they have to use at least a couple of plays where pass\ run option is open.

I hope you're right AG- some of those long throws were way off target, and what should have been a fade to the corner of the end zone got rifled- with no touch on it at all.

I know you've seen far better from him if you watched his college work. Right now he is just trying too hard to prove he can learn a new offense and "be" Johnny Cleveland.. When he settles down he reverts to the guy with magic hands and feet. I had never seen him throw that many wounded ducks his entire 2 years, let alone one game. He needs a Snickers. :P

you've got to hit ben and knock him down. none of this trying to grab him shit, he's too strong. how many times has it looked like he's wrapped up and he gets away only to fling a 50 yard completion downfield. go for the strip or the sack.

as tour said it's all about attitude and i expect our lines to play with it. road grate blocking for our running attack and punch through walls to get to ben and sealing holes like michael sam does to his girlfriend.

I just want our team to actually show the fuck up and look like a professional football team. We have some damn talent, now is time for them to put it to use. They are going to be stacking the box and not respecting Hoyer, so we need to actually hold onto the ball. Also, rip Bens head off, actually never mind, just seen that journalists video, yuck. Just tackle him real good. Go Browns!!!

shutdown most of their passing game, and protect our qb

from pressure so he can get the ball downfield, and hope

that the squeelers don't turn Shazier into the next cheapshot

the qb at the knees artist.

Williams already did it once, keep him away from the qb.

PIT's defense is still a work-in-progress.

Establish the run against them.

Control the clock.

Keep in close and try to pull one out of yur hat in the 4th.

Big Ben is behind the best line of his life this year and is gonna run da no-huddle at home, so yur not gonna be able to sack him.

Big Ben is behind the best line of his life this year and is gonna run da no-huddle at home, so yur not gonna be able to sack him.

Thats crazy. I promise Big Ben eats dirt all day long. And he will pay for waiting to throw. He might beat the rush a few times. But he will pay. He will be a very sore man sunday night.

Archived