THE BROWNS BOARD

Derek Carr to START for Oakland.

WalterWhite

i really liked carr too. the big knock on him was his pocket presence when pressure got through the line and he usually made bad throws or folded like a tent.

he looked good last preseason game. expect a 4 paragraph rant about us not taking carr now from PoG.

i agree schaub is done.

i really liked carr too. the big knock on him was his pocket presence when pressure got through the line and he usually made bad throws or folded like a tent.

he looked good last preseason game. expect a 4 paragraph rant about us not taking carr now from PoG.

i agree schaub is done.

I think Schaub never was to be honest.

Uh oh ... isnt this the guy Po G was pining away for?

Z

Schaub is done.

Yes indeed Z.

It might be the Blind Squirrel finally finding the Acorn. Yeah- said in another thread his other fave Trent Richardson is averaging a "beastly"- make that "leastly" 2.6 ypc in the preseason. Colt's so outstanding he's third string in Washington.

I was hoping for Carr and ended up with Manziel. I'm all on board now, nothing to be done about it. Good luck to Carr as long as he's not playing us. Mathieu was another I wanted, we got McFadden... then we cut him.

McCoy threw for like 300 yards the other night. Richardson is just a steady machine, it's going to click soon. Just sayin. ;)

McCoy threw for like 300 yards the other night. Richardson is just a steady machine, it's going to click soon. Just sayin. ;)

lol Thanks, I needed that laugh.

I was hoping for Carr and ended up with Manziel. I'm all on board now, nothing to be done about it. Good luck to Carr as long as he's not playing us. Mathieu was another I wanted, we got McFadden... then we cut him.

Yup PG Brandon Weeden had a 100 qbr last preseason too. OTOH TR has this year to show something for the Colts- which he hasn't done yet. Or you have an explanation why Richardson is averaging 2.6 ypc, and Boom Herron is at 5+ on the same team?

PS to the Manzealots- who have been rather quiet of late- don't use the argument that just because Carr is starting, JF should too.

If the Raiders ownership and front office know whats good for them, they'll sit the rook. I know Shaub is a liability but Carr v2.0 might be pretty good and you're going to throw him out there with decent skill players but questions along the offensive line. Sounds just like his older brother's situation. Plus the Oakland defense is a trainwreck so that won't help getting your rookie the ball more.

Oakland currently has serviceable talent and by first impressions a heck of a draft class. If they can keep what talent they have, add a few crafty vets and hit on a few more draft picks, they could be pretty decent again.

Personally, I miss having a good Raiders team. I think its good for the NFL as they're a fanbase just a passionate and sometimes as ignorant as the clowns.

Never understood the Schaub love from some of you guys.

It's easy, if you could overlook his 2013 performance, when he just lost "it".

After becoming a back-up phenom in ATL, he grew to be a more than solid starter in Houston stringing together five-90+ rating seasons. He was one of the longer lasting back-up to starter stories in recent memory.

It's easy, if you could overlook his 2013 performance, when he just lost "it".

After becoming a back-up phenom in ATL, he grew to be a more than solid starter in Houston stringing together five-90+ rating seasons. He was one of the longer lasting back-up to starter stories in recent memory.

Yeah, he was pretty good. What's hard to understand is how he fast he lost it.

Zombo

Add Ryan Mallet too. Some were ready to give up a high round pick for him mid-season last year. If Lombardi was still here he would be our starter this week, dodged a bullet on that one.

i was wondering if we could get him in a trade before the draft this year.

too early to tell how he will turn out.

carr did well against the seahawks who weren't trying

what i saw of that games when carr drove them up and down the field against the one's...it sure as hell looked to me like they were trying. their defenders were screaming at each other (sherman) because they were getting embarassed.

better put your glasses on and rewatch that first quarter.

Carr is going to live his brother's nightmares before this season is over. I'm glad Pettine is handling JM far differently.

.. or that Hoyer is not Schaub... ;)

we'll see. better than what they have now and probably better than what we have now.

bilichick (and everyone else that watched any of their preseason games) knows he drafted a keeper in garropollo. kid looked smooth as a virgin's tush.

"Raiders C Stefen Wisniewski said rookie QB Derek Carr surprised him by knowing the entire offensive playbook in July.

Jones spent the past six seasons catching passes from Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay, and has been excited about Carr’s similar development.
“He’s really calm, really cool in the pocket,” Jones said. “He acts like he’s been there before. I’ve been calling him mini A-Rod since he got here.”

And that's the difference. One studied hard to gain the starting job while the other was partying hard expecting the starting job to be handed to him.

Let it go, Jesus Christ it's the preseason. You know who dominated the preseason last year? The same moron who got caught under the American Flag before the anthem a few years ago. I'll eat crow if he excels when it matters but I'm so tired of people acting like someone is good or bad before they've even played a single god damn regular season game.

Archived