THE BROWNS BOARD

Pryor to Redskins

The Gipper

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still seems like we could have found a use for Mingo if somebody had taking the time.

WSS

Well, it seems that your boy BB ended up having no use for him.....and we know how good a defensive coach he is, and if he thinks the guy can't cut the mustard, I think the pretty much tells you what you want to know about him.

Still seems like we could have found a use for Mingo if somebody had taking the time.

Are you talking to Belichick?

Oh just talking about anybody in general. Mingo always seemed like one of the good guys with some physical talent and I hate to see somebody like that fall short in the NFL. That's about it.

WSS

I'm kinda with you on that. He had speed and size, and it seems like he could cover well enough. With the amount of 'mismatch' tight ends around these days, I'd rather see Mingo covering them than say Paul Kruger or Carl Nassib or someone. From a 4-3 OLB kind of spot you could see him in a coverage role with some occasional blitzing to use his speed around the edge maybe.

But what do I know - clearly nothing if even Billy B couldn't get anything out of him.

Well BillyB got Hightowter back after testing FA market. And the Browns can't seem to do this somehow.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000793250/article/donta-hightower-to-sign-fouryear-deal-with-patriots

When the Browns have freshly-minted Super Bowl rings to flash around, I imagine they'll be able to pull that off. I bet BillyB said to Hightower, go establish your value on the market and then we'll come up with a contract. I doubt he was ever going to end up somewhere else (read this article after typing this up, but they are saying same thing).

Well BillyB got Hightowter back after testing FA market. And the Browns can't seem to do this somehow.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000793250/article/donta-hightower-to-sign-fouryear-deal-with-patriots

All the Browns have to do is be a dynasty coming off of a Super Bowl win and the situations might be apples to apples.

Oh just talking about anybody in general. Mingo always seemed like one of the good guys with some physical talent and I hate to see somebody like that fall short in the NFL. That's about it.

WSS

I hate to see high Cleveland Browns draft picks fall short. Yet...they almost all seem to do so. So...now we have two more. Are they going to turn into Mingos/Gilberts/Manziels....or something else, you know, like live up to their draft status.

I bet BillyB said to Hightower, go establish your value on the market and then we'll come up with a contract.

And with the report I heard that Hightower is now the 2nd highest paid ILB in the league, I'd say it was mission accomplished.

Archived