THE BROWNS BOARD

Trent Richardson Arrested

darren15

Looks like we got our annual Trent-thread out of the way early this year.

I get that it is hard to go from hero to zero and that the personal pain that fall causes can bubble out in many forms. And while I feel for those around him who may ultimately suffer for his pain, unless what befalls him retroactively impacts the Colt 1st-rounder we received, then I care not about the next downturn in his life.

it's just too bad - he keeps not learning his lessons about having a work ethic

in life. He liked the structure at Alabama, then said it was easy to

be lazy in the NFL...

again. and again. and again. Not much sympathy here. Browns, Colts, Raiders,

Ravens...

who knows if he is actually guilty. Just such a waste.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Cut-Trent-Richardson-Add-Wide-Receiver/4e408596-0172-48c0-99ed-1a7f7b2542f8

Trent Richardson blames laziness for disappointing NFL career – The ...
www.mercurynews.com/.../trent-richardson-blames-laziness-for-disappointing-nfl-car...
Mar 25, 2016 - Running back Trent Richardson, who never made it out of training camp last season with the Raiders, blames himself for his disappointing ...

It's always super interesting to me to see what happens to these top 10 flame outs in the NFL. I know the Browns have been the short end of the stick for way too many in this bunch, but it's not as though they were epic "reaches" either. TR coming out of college was often compared to Adrian Peterson even as you can see here: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/trent-richardson?id=2533032. If the Browns didn't take him at three he wouldn't have made past 10-11.

It's fascinating though to read how it goes so wrong for these guys who appeared to be ready for the big show.

Archived