THE BROWNS BOARD

Mock Draft Central

The Gipper

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000788788/Scouts-combine-for-2017-mock-draft

NFL Network has us taking 2 top players in the draft...there is more chance of Tour and I going 1 and 12 than this happening tho

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000788788/Scouts-combine-for-2017-mock-draft

NFL Network has us taking 2 top players in the draft...there is more chance of Tour and I going 1 and 12 than this happening tho

Garrett AND!!!??? Allen-Browns wet dream!! :D

Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A)

Round 1 Pick 2 (S.F.): Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A)

Round 2 Pick 1: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford (B+)

Round 3 Pick 1: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A-)

Round 4 Pick 1: Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A-)

Round 4 Pick 35 (COMP): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M ©

Round 5 Pick 1: Avery Gennesy, OG, Texas A&M ( B)

Round 5 Pick 31: Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A-)

Round 5 Pick 37 (COMP): Jeremy Sprinkle, TE, Arkansas (A)

Round 6 Pick 1: Sam Rogers, FB, Virginia Tech (A)

Your Future Picks:

2019 Round 1 Pick

1a- Garrett- the chosen one.

1b- Trubisky- traded 12, 2nd rounder and a first next year for our QB.

2- McCafferey- Underrated and overlooked, he's a dangerous RB that will change the game.

3- Elflein- Here's our Center.

4a- Evans- He's going to be a Superstar, he's got the talent. Starter.

4b- Hall- The bookend to the other side of the line or a nice rotational with Nassib.

5a- Gennesey- nice solid OG that can step in at RG if Greco needs more time.

5b- Switzer- nice possession receiver with speed and shiftyness, will move to the slot.

5c- Sprinkle- Huge TE target with good blocking skills. He can step in and be productive. Barnidge-DeValve-Sprinkle

6- Rogers- projected as the best FB in the draft. We need one and he's it.

With Elflein, Gennesey, Sprinkle and Rogers our blocking on the offensive side of the ball will be grades better. It should by Trubisky time to find Gordon, Pryor, Coleman and Switzer wide open and provide nice holes for MC to run free. Our Defense has already received an upgrade by picking up Greg Williams, then getting the injured guys back and adding Garrett, Evans and Hall- all starters- we're going to be a very dangerous team.

Mud, I totally agree. I remember when I was pining for the Eagles to continue losing at the end of the year, and a couple of posters made fun of me for paying that much attention, and they said, "It doesn't matter where we pick, we have to pick the right guy no matter where we end up!" Yeah, well it matters now. It matters because most of us amateurs have about 6-8 players that we consider our "impact guys", and while there will certainly be more than that throughout the draft, it certainly MATTERS.

Picking at 12 also knocks us behind 3 or 4 teams that probably need a QB. That REALLY hurts. No matter what your opinion is on Carson Wentz, we passed on him last year, and now we're in the same boat. If we went 1-15 in 2016 with Wentz, we'd be having no issue with taking Garrett at #1, and then proceed to fill out other areas of need. NOW, we have to weight missing a potential blue chip pass rusher and possibly missing the QB we have rated the highest. Make no mistake about it, EVERYONE'S job is on the line right now, and most of it comes down to finding our QB. If we go 3-13 in 2017, but it appears that we finally have our franchise QB, I'm willing to bet everyone will come back, and there will be some freaking optimism. We go 4-12 and still have no idea about the QB....things will get VERY dicey (in my crazy opinion).

We have to get this right, and we have to get our QB. I read that the Bengals are seeking a second round pick for A.J. McCarron...but will they trade within the division? Historically, they haven't. Would they REALLY risk providing a division rival with their franchise QB? The Bengals have benefited for YEARS by us not having a QB worth a damn. Why would they want to change that?

Yes we need a long term QB but that doesn't mean he is in this draft, reaching for a QB isn't the answer just because we need one.

Everything I've read suggests this is a weak QB class and if that's the case so be it, the wait goes on.

NOW, we have to weight missing a potential blue chip pass rusher and possibly missing the QB we have rated the highest.

If that's the way the decision is actually being framed, then we ought to fire the lot of our FO right now.

If that's the way the decision is actually being framed, then we ought to fire the lot of our FO right now.

And we'll have to invest in a XXXL QB T-shirt to hold yet another in the long line of reaches.

Your score is: 12417 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 1: Jamal Adams, SS, LSU (A-) Didn't want the flavor of the day in MG

Round 1 Pick 12: Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama (A) Sitting there and why not

Round 1 Pick 14 (PHI): Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State (A-) cost a 2018 #1 and 2nd rd #20, but sets a great foundation

Round 3 Pick 1: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A-) see above pick

Round 4 Pick 5 (LAR): Davis Webb, QB, California ( B) might of been a reach

Round 4 Pick 33 (LAR): Dan Skipper, OT, Arkansas (A) depth,starter?

Round 4 Pick 34 (COMP): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (A-)

Round 5 Pick 1: Jordan Sterns, FS, Oklahoma State (B-) basically a new secondary

Round 5 Pick 31: Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A-) possession

Round 5 Pick 37 (COMP): Storm Norton, OT, Toledo © 6ft 8 of mass

Round 6 Pick 1: Billy Brown, TE, Shepherd (A-) dark horse at te, good value

Your Future Picks:

2019 Round 1 Pick

Your score is: 12417 (GRADE: A)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Jamal Adams, SS, LSU (A-)
Round 1 Pick 12: Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama (A)
Round 1 Pick 14 (PHI): Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 1: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 5 (LAR): Davis Webb, QB, California ( B)
Round 4 Pick 33 (LAR): Dan Skipper, OT, Arkansas (A)
Round 4 Pick 34 (COMP): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (A-)
Round 5 Pick 1: Jordan Sterns, FS, Oklahoma State (B-)
Round 5 Pick 31: Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A-)
Round 5 Pick 37 (COMP): Storm Norton, OT, Toledo ©
Round 6 Pick 1: Billy Brown, TE, Shepherd (A-)
Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick

I do not believe that a DB has ever been the #1 overall pick in the draft. If this were to happen it would be a first.

The highest DB ever picked though was taken by the Browns: E-Rock Turner #2.

Archived