THE BROWNS BOARD

Hurricane

Yea Gipper, go fuck your self. You have NO clue, especially about the area, as usual. I was outside during a majority of it. The ignorance is strong with this one.

What you are saying is that this was just slight blow, and not a real hurricane. If you were there for Gilbert or Hugo or some real hurricane you wouldn't be so blase.

We have vacationed at the OBX for years & we always stay in Kill Devil Hills. Last week, my wife was concerned as we go Saturday, 7/12, & The Weather Channel announced that Kill Devil Hills was hardest hit. I cannot STAND (and don't trust) the weather channel as they sensationalize everything & did again. I talked to the owner of our rental yesterday. There was no flooding in KDH, didn't even lose power. Manteo was flooded & Joy explained the "wall" came in such a way that it hit the "back side". Manteo is on Roanoke Island, which is in the Sound between the OBX & mainland.

As Kosar intimated, we "landlubbers" really don't understand all the variables that affect the impact of hurricanes & other storms.

I intend to have a fantastic week next week. Can't wait!!!

Mike

What you are saying is that this was just slight blow, and not a real hurricane. If you were there for Gilbert or Hugo or some real hurricane you wouldn't be so blase.

Been here for 10 years. Seen some shit, it all depends on tides, weather it comes up the sound. Cat 2 ain't no joke, but hit the causeway to Manteo had 4 feet of water. There are so many variables, this turned out well. Yes I was sitting on my porch drinking and smoking. Mike let me know when u r down next bro, we will grab a beer. Actually we have had 50-60 mph storms that caused more damage. Either way its fun as shit. Cat 4-5 I would and did leave.

Shit Mike you will be down here man, let me know if u want to have a beer. Blue Moon grill is the shit, but packed. Palmico Jacks is a close second and has a huge deck.

You've got a deal, buddy! I'll shoot you a PM with my cell.

Mike

Archived